Furious with sister

JUSTKITTY

So I wasn't going to tell my family I was doing this diet becuase I knew they would not approve. But seeing as I am going to see my family Sunday and Monday, decided I ought to tell them beforehand so I don't get lectured in front of everyone at the party and meal.

So anyway, my sister wrote all over facebook about how I am desperate to lose weight and I'll gain it back 10 fold and its faddy and lazy of me to do.

I'm at work so had to get hubby to log into my account and delete it off my wall but I am so furious.

When i told her she said she'd be supportive. Now to publicly humiliate me like that!

Yes I am desperate to lose weight but I am not going to announce how unhappy I am with my weight over facebook.

I am sooo angry. I am tempted not to go to her party on Saturday, take her out Sunday and go to the family meal but perhaps I am being childish and overreacting.:mad:

Why can't people be supportive? Why can't they just keep their mouths shut if they disagree? Argghhhhhhhhhhhh!

I want to cry and its making my urge to binge even stronger.

first thing i would do is block her on facebook if shes going to talk smack about you there
i dont have my older sis on my facebook as its bad enough recieving vile text messages from her, i dont need her bad mouthing me in public

to be honest i dont get why your taking out someone who's being spiteful towards you. i understand your expected to be at the party and the family meal but if someone was so disrespectfu towards me, family or not i wouldnt be taking them anywhere

other people are so ignorant, hope you feel better hun
and remember you are doing this for you, no one else, and it would't be allowed if it wasn't safe and healthy

we're here to support you, I know it's not the same, but we are

x

I hope your ok? The is no need for your sister to be like that, as you said she should be supportive of your choices.
You should be more determined to prove her wrong.
My sister exactly the same, and hates this diet. She tells everyone the same, so I don't talk to her about it.
Keep going x

Thank you!!!
I am just so hurt. She only did it becuase I'd written something about drinking lots of water today and she put a comment about faddy diets and my husband said he was proud of me and she should be supportive. She just reacted to his comment but with total disregard for my feelings.

I've told her im not taking her out on Monday and i am not lending her my veil for her wedding (she caused lots of problems before mine).

If you seen my other post today you'll see i am not having a great day and i just expected her to support me not humiliate me.

I will always back down - i usually do. Not a good day.

Thanks for your support xx

A lot of people really don't think about what they write on FB, it's why I refuse to have my MIL as a FB friend. If the diet is working for you, then it's no concern of anyone else. Hope the weekend is OK for you.
Hugs.

Aw hun i am so sorry your sister is being like this with you :( ~hugs~ Its not fair of her to say this is the lazy way diet becuase i dont think it the easy way at all. To cut your self totally away from food it very bloody hard... yes you get great results but it certainly aint easy!! Your doing fantastic and your hubby is very proud of you, and we all are on here. I am again on my re start this diet aint easy but your doing very very well and you should be very happy and proud of yourself. Alot of people on this diet dont succeed becuase it is so hard but you are doing great just remeber that hun. Dont let her get you down and just think of hhow she will feel when you get to goal hehe!! Godd luck hun <3 xxxx

i would face her and tell her that it is not acceptable to behave in that way so that all your friends can see. if she can't keep her mouth shut then just block her.

I dont blame you for being upset .... I would be too. Unfriend her and I would cetainly just keep away from her for the time being ... you know you can change how you look and when you are slim and happy she will still be the same mean person inside.

Thanks guys!

In the end I told her to call me so we could have it out. She actually apologised and said she didn't think about what she had written and she was just cross because she felt my husband had implied she doesn't care about me. Apparently she is just really
concerned. I got another lecture about how people die
drinking too much water, how I'll gain it all back and how it's not safe. So I said I only drink 4-5 litre across the whole day, the dr knows, and I'm not havng excessive losses but right now, ts what's right for me.

I explained that I don't want the world to know how much I want to lose weight. I'm not desperate it's just now is the right time and it's less healthier to be
obese.

Anyway we made up but we'll see.

Hi Kitty,
The below quote is something I read often to remind myself not to fear success, not to feel insecure and unworthy.
You said, I always back down, that struck such a cord with me. I was the same always trying to please others always being Miss Nice. When I got to goal on LL, alot of things changed. No the world did not suddenly love me, but I changed, I was no door mat any longer, I spoke my mind. I am not saying I became a cow, but I certainly do not back away from confrontation anymore. I stand my ground.
I am sure you will sort things with your sister. And as a point, research about the water thing, and send her the link. People should be armed with facts before making assumptions.

Thats my ramble over. Good luck, and so what if you are desperate to loose weight, you are doing something about it that is all that counts.
T

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we ae powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God(the universe). Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people around you won’t feel insecure. We were born to manifest the glory of (the universe)God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Maianne Williamson

I do wonder why it is that our relatives think they have the right to say awful things to us and get away with it. The trouble is, our deep-rooted sense of duty to "family" usually means that they DO get away with it, when we wouldn't accept half of what they say from our dearest friends. My own sister can be very hurtful and cutting at times, but I don't see her that often any more so I can let it pass.

Try not to let it get you down. I'm sure that deep down, like my sister, yours has some issues and jealousy that causes her to belittle and criticise you. It probably makes her feel better at that moment, but she probably feels awful when she thinks about it later.

Carry on with what you're doing. You know this diet is healthy and will make you happy, you really don't need to take any notice of know-nothings!

Back