furry tongue

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Hedgehog, 31 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Aggrrh, this is the only thing getting me down on this diet, my tongue feels furry, its white and has a terrible taste.

I used a tongue scraper, but this hasnt really helped the taste, has anyone else had this, and found a solution.

I'm off out to get a medicated mouth wash, hopefully that will help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cookie77

Cookie77 Needs some encouragement!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.61%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Mine is the same. My teeth are furry too - brushing after each shake and using mouthwash and a breath spray. If you find a better way let me know!! Good luck with the loss!

Hedgehog likes this.
  4. determinator

determinator Banned

listerine strips :) they are amazing make your mouth taste and smell tons better .. the only downside .. you cant get them in the UK . I buy mine off ebay from an american seller ( has to be the freshmint ones ) and if you get a few packs they are not too expensive :) my saviour last time I did CD and I have just hunted a load out again for my stint to goal :)

Hedgehog likes this.
  5. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for the info, I know we used to be able to get these in Ireland, I must have a look and see if I can get some again.

Cookie77, I got an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal mouth wash, (oraldine I am sure corsdyl would be the same) and I brushed my tongue as well as my teeth, so I have a very strong minty taste in my month now :)

I remembered the teeth thing from the last time around but not the tongue issue. Anyway, last time around this really helped with the teeth so hopefully it will help with both this time :)

Best of luck to you both on the diet

6. Cookie77

Cookie77 Needs some encouragement!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.61%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks for the info - glad (well, not GLAD, but at least its not just me) about the teeth. Ive even thought my fillings were about to come out which is odd. Ive searched on the net to find links with teeth problems and CD but there is only one post years ago, so maybe its my imagination. No idea. Ill try anything that helps!x

7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont know about problems with fillings but I definitely had the feeling that my teeth were coated last time and this mouth wash worked a treat with that :)

8. this*time

this*time Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.42%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    This is horrid I am constantly paranoid about my breath, my gums and teeth get coated and its not nice, I find when im talking to people I stand well back, was reading my ds a story and he said whats the nasty smell, I was omg its my breath lol, I am brushing 3 times a day so will get some industrial strength mouth wash lol

9. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Must admit I have warned Mr T to prepare for ketosis kisses again this year! As I am ss+ I also drink a lot of coffee to keep me going,so double yuk! I have lots of gargles with mouthwash through the day and a good old gold spot spray in my handbag.
    Maybe cambridge should produce their own low carb breath fresheners,there's an idea along with all those different flavoured shakes,soups and bars I will soon be dreaming of after the initial novelty value has worn off .x

Last edited: 1 September 2010
  10. Fiesty

Fiesty Melting the fat

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(39.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge ss+
    water, water and more water! I found that drinking extra fluid certainly helps dilute the intensity of the furry tongue and teeth. like others I am paranoid that my breath stinks so mouthwash is used too.

11. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I had this problem when i did exante , i just used fresh breath spray . It helped but didnt solve the problem .

12. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    That made me chuckle, because I remember my Mum used to use Gold Spot spray and I associate it with coffee and smoking, as she used to smoke and drink coffee then use that!!!

13. cazzabella78

cazzabella78 staying positive

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hiya, a few people have mentioned using listerine strips..can it be any type? i've found some listerine pocket packs on ebay for £3.89 (the cool mint ones), they say they're sugar free and have no calories.

14. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    As far as I know if their the strips and sugar free they are ok

15. cazzabella78

cazzabella78 staying positive

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    cheers hedgehog, i found more info on one of the many other threads :) i've ordered some of the mint ones from ebay (not sure if the citrus ones are ok so i opted for mint).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.