fussy eaters???

Pree

Hi everyone,

I'm new to slimming world (started Thursday) and so far really enjoying it, eating healthier than I think I've ever done in my life and don't feel like I'm depriving myself at all!!

However, I'm doing EE and I'm a bit worried that I'm not getting the 1/3 superfree thing quite right, I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I'm struggling to find veg that goes with some of my meals, I hate onions and peppers which makes life a bit difficult sometimes!! I find myself eating a couple of bananas after every meal just incase I'm not getting enough superfree.

Are there any other fussy eaters on here and how do you manage to get your superfree in each meal??

I also don't like any salad apart from tomatoes, I've tried forcing myself to like it but it's just not happening lol! X

I joined class last week and consultant said the third super free is " where possible" not essential.

I wouldn't eat more just to make my third super free up but I am quite lucky I enjoy salad, veg and fruit x x

*sigh of relief* I feel a bit better about it now as was beginning to worry I wasn't doing it right and gonna have a gain in my first week!!

I'm going to start experimenting with some new fruit and veg this week and hopefully find something new that I like :) x

Hi Pree, I'm delighted you're enjoying SW so far!

My interpretation of the 1/3 rule is that you should fill up on superfree, so maybe instead of having your banana before your main meal- how would you feel about having it before your meal & then stopping when full?

Hi potato, and thanks!
That's not a bad idea actually, as I've occasionally had to make myself eat the fruit even though I don't really want anything else just so I don't miss it out, which I guess defeats the object of what I'm trying to do!! X

I guess defeats the object of what I'm trying to do!! X

Yeah it does. The idea behind the superfree rule is that you limit the amount of free food you eat by filling up on fruit and veg which are bulkier and contain fewer calories than say chicken or potatoes.

I think its ok to eat fruit after your meal if you reduce the portion of your main course to allow for this. However if you eat the same amount of food you normally would and then have 2 bananas that you dont really want to eat then you've done damage twice. Firstly by not having superfree incorporated into your meal correctly and secondly by eating when you're not hungry which is one of the main stays of slimming world.

Hope that makes sense. I know the plan can be hard to get your head around at first.

What kinds of superfree do you like? Maybe we can give you some ideas on how to prepare them differently to keep it a bit more interesting, or some meal ideas that you can slot what you do like into?

I'm not a fussy eater at all, but have been roasting alot of veg with some chili powder etc to make a nicer side than salad in this cold weather!

The rules about super free are that it's just a guide! You don't HAVE to have it with every meal. If you don't have it with every single meal, it will not stop you losing weight!

Back