Fuzzyducks Food Diary...Why are my smoothies synned?!?

fuzzyduck

I'm gonna start a food diary on here to (hopefully) keep me on the straight and narrow.

Had a green day today

Fri 3 Aug

BREAKFAST

1 slice toast (white bread, spread, jam) (8 syns)
Muller light

DINNER

Morroccan Medley cous cous (1/2 syn)
Muller Light
2 x babybels (HexA)

TEA

Tomato & Basil soup
2 slices WW wholemeal bread (HexB)
Quorn sausages
Salad

SNACKS

Grapes
Satsuma

Sat 4th Aug

Red day

BREAKFAST

Muller light toffee
Coffee with Semi skimmed from allowance x 2 (HexA)

DINNER

Tomato and basil soup
4 slices Weight watchers wholemeal bread (2 x HexB)
Cherry mullerlight

TEA

Chinese quorn stir-fry
Green salad & balsamic vinegar

SNACKS

16 crab sticks
2 x Emmental babybel (HexA)
Cottage cheese & beetroot
Triple bar (3.5 syns)
Satsuma
3 x Kiwi fruit & a Mango in a smoothie

Syn total (3.5)

Air walker - Only managed 5 mins today, will try to make it 10 tomorrow.

Oops, it seems my smoothies aren't free, I have to count fruit if it's pureed. Does anyone know why?

Anyway, my smoothie was 6 syns :eek:

Ah right, i thought it must change the composition of the fruit or something. Thing is, I could eat fruit till it comes out of my ears but I can't seem to have as much as a smoothie.

Oh well, I don't think i'm going to count them in future, seems silly when I could quite happily eat the fruit that goes into them 3 times over.

Thanks D_Q.

I'm not 100% sure honey - check with your consultant if you get the chance. I know what you mean about eating masses of fruit - I get through bucket-loads some days!! :p

Having a green day today, going to try mullerlight with cous cous for breakfast, not sure how it will taste but everyone tells me it's lovely. Must make the effort to do at least 10 mins on the airwalker today too.

I'm not sure I could cope with couscous and muller - just sounds so bizarre!!! :p

Everyone at our group go on about how nice muller light is on weetabix. I tried it but didn't like so next time I soaked the weetabix with a little bit of milk then poured the muller over it and it was so much scrummier. I have never had couscous am I missing out on much?:D

The cous cous and muller was a pleasant surprise, It was nice and so much more filling than just the yogurt. I had it with a raspberry and cranberry muller, might try it with toffee next.

Oh I was reading my SW mag before and I was reading the Ask our experts section. One of the questions was:

Q. Why do smoothies and juices count as Syns when fruit and vegetables are free?

A. The less you have to chew a food, the easier it is to over-eat, because you are virtually missing out on one of the first stages of feeling full and satisfied: chewing. Think how long it would take to eat six whole apples, for example. If these apples were juiced they immediately become so much easier to eat, so you could find your self eating lots of extra calories before you feel full.

Hope this sort of answers your question.:D

Yesterday was a green day. I ate so much that I felt bloated all evening. I still don't see how I can eat this much and still lose weight, It just seems to defy all logic :confused:. I'm taking the kids to the coast today so not sure how rigid my diet's gonna be but i'm gonna attempt a red day and just have fish at dinner without the batter.

Sun 6th Aug

BREAKFAST

Raspberry & cranberry muller light with cous cous

DINNER

Pasta and cheese (HexA)

TEA

Mushroom and wine pasta n sauce
Quorn fillet
Beansprouts

SNACKS

5 x Jaffa cake (10 syns)
4 x babybels (HexA&B)