GAD... Slightly off topic!!

Jambro

Hi everyone.
Decided, yet again to do CD starting Tuesday as I have been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, mainly to do with my weight issues and it has been horrendous having this.
I have spent the last 6 months in the house because I am anxious of people looking and judging me. I have my food shopping delivered because of the same reasons
I have 7yr old daughter who is missing out on things because of this also.
I have practically become a recluse and believe me, I was never this way.
Even though I have always been big, I had bags of confidence etc but something has changed.
i have gained about 4 st in that short time and that really hasn't helped.
Anyway, time to try and tackle these demons.
Please be there for me guys!! xx

:) Hiya Jackie, ooh starting tomorrow then! How many times have you done CD before, was it successful? This is my first time, I was a Cambridge Virgin until July 10th and have been amazed how easy I have found it so far.

Oh it must be awful to suffer from such extreme anxiety, I am very lucky because though I do suffer from depression I have never had anxiety too, it must be incredibly difficult to live with, especially with a young child.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing in trying to tackle one of the causes of it, you will get tons of support in here, everyone is so friendly and helpful!

Very best of luck with it, enjoy your last day of food for a while!

xx

:) Hiya Jackie, ooh starting tomorrow then! How many times have you done CD before, was it successful? This is my first time, I was a Cambridge Virgin until July 10th and have been amazed how easy I have found it so far.

Oh it must be awful to suffer from such extreme anxiety, I am very lucky because though I do suffer from depression I have never had anxiety too, it must be incredibly difficult to live with, especially with a young child.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing in trying to tackle one of the causes of it, you will get tons of support in here, everyone is so friendly and helpful!

Very best of luck with it, enjoy your last day of food for a while!

xx

Thank you Froggylegs.
yes I have done CD many times before unfortunately.
Best results were 2 1/2 st in 9 weeks. I feel this is now life or death for me. I too have had bouts of depression over the years but this anxiety is terrible. I just can't seem to shake it off. I'm usually a level headed, sensible rational thinking person but this really has a hold over me. And of course the worse I feel, the more I've been eating etc, etc.
I know the support here is fantastic. Im hoping this time I can conquer both my weight and mental health for good.

Hi Jambro. I've "liked" your post, not because I like how unhappy you are and the mental state that your weight has put you in, but because I wholeheartedly empathise. I started Cambridge at 22 stone 7, although I was as high as 23.4, so I understand what it's like to have your numbers up in that scary 20+ bracket. I've suffered enormous anxiety over my weight and make far bigger judgments on, and assumptions about, myself than other most other people would ever dream of making. It doesn't matter if everyone else is rooting for you though, none of it really matters until you start rooting for yourself, and that's the really, really hard bit. I've been pretty much housebound because of the embarrassment over my size - feeling that people were staring, that no clothing ever looked right. I just felt like a monster, and then of course I ate to make myself feel better. Because I was bored and lonely. And I didn't even recognise it.

Three months later and I've managed to boot nearly five and a half stone. I don't feel great: I'm still fat, still unfit, and there's no diet on the planet that's going to fix my face ;). But I do feel better, and that's good enough for now. I don't mind opening the door to the postman, I've gone swimming and thought "f**k it!" when the idea of mean teenagers nearly convinced me not to go. I love to hike and have even found myself hitching up my long, black trousers in order to get a bit of vitamin D to my legs, which this time last year was something I thought I could never, ever do.

You will get there, honey. We'll all be standing right beside you. In three months you'll be able to list a bunch of things that you weren't able to do yesterday. You've got a daughter who loves you and you're going to beat this debilitation for her. Furthermore, you're going to beat it for yourself. <3

I'm always here to talk if you ever need a friend. xx

Ahhhh.... Thank you so much Country for your kind, positive words. It means a lot.
I can truly relate to wearing black trousers!! Been a wardrobe staple of mine for many years!!
I've been reading your posts/ comments and you really are an inspiration. Hopefully I can sort this all out. xx

Thank you, hun. That's so generous of you to say. If publicly acknowledging my bad habits makes even just one person feel less alone then it's definitely something I'm glad I'm doing! :)

So tomorrow's the big day: very best of luck for it! Have you chosen which products to have? There must be a couple of new ones since you last tried the diet, like the mango shake and lemon bar. Both seem really popular and I have to say I like them both a lot, although I'm sorry the lemon bars have pushed the chocolate orange ones into oblivion.

This time next year it's brightly coloured cropped trousers for the both of us! xxx

I already have a stash of shakes and soups from my last attempt so I will use those up first!!
I tend to like some of my shakes hot. So I split my vanilla shakes and add a spoon of coffee. So that's my first drink of the day!!
I love the bars, but have to keep away from them because I have an horrendous sweet tooth and would eat them all in one day!!
So as I sip my first shake, and wait for the headaches and tummy rumbles to begin!!...BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Back