Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Bloomin' Brilliant

Gail - Whoopee - sounds like a great loss and lots of NSV's. Well done - way to go girl. You've not hung around on the stones barrier this time. 5st 9lbs loss, size 12's is amazing.

Re 11:30 at night - seems you and me have bad late night habits! You try on clothes - I clean things. It's 00:50 now here and I've just finished cleaning the bathroom! Why? Haven't a clue but it seemed like a good idea when I started at midnight. And if I'm going to do a job (and when it comes to cleaning that isn;t very often) I do it well. De-limed the taps, bath, shower screen, floor (why did I de-lime the floor?).

Oh well must away to bed as I have to be up early tomorrow (well 09:00 and that's early for a retired old fogey).

Once again - well, well done!

Fantastic Gail, well done! So pleased for you - into the 11's! Woop woop!!
Once again your diary and other people's weight losses had prompted me to get on with it, as I've been very sloppy since being away. So thankyou. xxx :)

That's brilliant! Such a lovely upbeat post to read on a (particularly) boring day in the office! :)

Well done you!

Well done Gail, that's fantastic to hear. You have done so well on SW, you must be so proud of yourself :) xx

Hi Gail

well done you. Do you keep a food diary on here? Do you follow EE, Red or Green?

BBXX

Hi Big Bear,

I don't keep a food diary. I think because I felt that no-one will want to read what I eat. I sometimes post my food on here but I'm a bit erratic at that.

I mostly do EE but with some green days (so that I can have more Hex's). I can't get on with red days - I just feel hungry (I think maybe I don't eat enough protein). I am really good about having 1/3 superfree with my meals and usually eat most/all of my syns. I don't drink much (alcohol) which I think makes life a bit easier for me. Happy to post my food if you're interested though ??? (I'm not offended if you're not !)

Gail x

Hi Big Bear,

I don't keep a food diary. I think because I felt that no-one will want to read what I eat. I sometimes post my food on here but I'm a bit erratic at that.

I mostly do EE but with some green days (so that I can have more Hex's). I can't get on with red days - I just feel hungry (I think maybe I don't eat enough protein). I am really good about having 1/3 superfree with my meals and usually eat most/all of my syns. I don't drink much (alcohol) which I think makes life a bit easier for me. Happy to post my food if you're interested though ??? (I'm not offended if you're not !)

Gail x

Hi Gail,

I personally would be interested in you posting your food, but only if you want and have the time. You've done so well it would be great to see what sorts of food you eat.
I'm pleased to read you eat most of your syns. I always wonder if i should or not.
Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to us all.

Penny

Gail, it is quite remarkable what you have achieved and a size 12 to boot!!!!:D So pleased to read (belatedly) such great news.

Well done xx

Size 12 clothes and you're in the 11s!! Fantastic news Gail I am so pleased for you.

You ARE in the 11s it doesn't matter what the last bit on the scales says, if it starts with 11 that's all you need to know :)

You will be down past your lowest ever weight soon as well!

Interesting comment made about your weight not defining who you are - for me it completely did. I didn't do anything as an obese person without thinking about how fat I was first. Every morsel of food I ate made me feel terribly guilty because I knew it was making me fat yet I kept eating it.

Losing weight like you have is completely life changing (IMO) and you should be extremely proud of yourself. x x

Hi Gail

Well done you stunner! So chuffed for you!!! Congrats! Thought I'd commented already, but apparently forgot to hit submit last night! LOL. :) Well done!

You are all so lovely. Thanks for the fantastic comments.

Another good day - Green
Breakfast: Mullerlight, raspberries, melon, passionfruit
Lunch: No time :(
Tea: Lentil shepherds pie (with onion, courgette, tomato and 30g reduced fat cheddar HexA1) plus lettuce, pepper, tomato, cucumber and beetroot
1 x Alpen light, 1 x Butterscotch HiFi (HexB1)
2 chocolate weetabix plus 200ml (approx) semiskimmed milk - HexB2 + HexA2 + 2 syns
1 x Special K minis (5 syns), 25g Pringles (6.5 syns), 10g galaxy counters (2.5 syns)

Still feeling very stressed (combination of work and home life) but things should get better by the time we go on holiday ??!

Saw a friend tonight who I haven't seen for ages. Had more interesting conversations about losing weight. She said that someone she met years ago talked about 'fat potential' ie no matter what happens in the future in terms of keeping the weight off, we will always be people with fat potential. I know this and accept that it's just who I am but I quite like the concept (although I'd rather the concept applied to someone else than me !!!!)

The weekend will be interesting because I have a family do where lots of people won't have seen me since I started losing weight 5 stone 9lbs ago (and my parents will have been publicising my weight loss generally - will probably be a slightly stressful time for me including lots of compliments but lots of feeling a bit exposed and in the spotlight too).

I think about 4-5lbs before I can wear the 12's comfortably. Don't know when that will be but will be a big milestone for me :)

Gail x

You know I think your friend is bang on with the fat potential theory. I tend to think of it much like any other addiction. Of course you can't give up food entirely, but the concept of eating badly has many parallels I think. Well, it makes sense in my wee head anyway!

. . . 'fat potential' ie no matter what happens in the future in terms of keeping the weight off, we will always be people with fat potential. I know this and accept that it's just who I am but I quite like the concept (although I'd rather the concept applied to someone else than me !!!!)

The weekend will be interesting because I have a family do where lots of people won't have seen me since I started losing weight 5 stone 9lbs ago (and my parents will have been publicising my weight loss generally - will probably be a slightly stressful time for me including lots of compliments but lots of feeling a bit exposed and in the spotlight too).
Gail x

With you on the "fat potential" - we've sort of already had this converstion on my diary. SW for life - definitely or else I'll be fat again.

At the party - remember to smile and say thank you when people compliment you on your weight loss. Far too easy to blab on and say "Ah but still another x lbs to go". I do it all the time. Enjoy the party and enjoy the spotlight - you deserve it with over 5½ stone gone!

Thank you Bev :)

What are you doing up in the middle of the night ??? Surely your keyboard can't be that bad ????!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Having a sleepless night! Still here. Just contemplating going to bed at 7:45!

Back