Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

I agree about the fat potential - and it doesn't help that we have cultivated a group of habits to support this potential becoming a reality. It's no wonder it's hard to maintain the weight. SW is a good life plan though and I think probably one of the most successful diet options when it comes to maintenance.

Have a great day Gail! :)

Aw Bev, hope its not the worrying over my rrrrrs that's kept you awake :D xx

No - worrying about my own!!! lol

I do this occasionally. I turn into a night owl for several days, going to bed about 4 or 5 (been doing this for about the last 8 or 9 days), and then one day I'll go straight through the night.
Went to bed at 9, got up at 2 and I feel fine - and will probaby manage to go to bed at a more normal hour tonight.
Why my body does it though I have no idea. If anyone can throw any light on the subject, please do.

No - worrying about my own!!! lol
Hee hee, you do make me laugh :D
I do this occasionally. I turn into a night owl for several days, going to bed about 4 or 5 (been doing this for about the last 8 or 9 days), and then one day I'll go straight through the night.
Went to bed at 9, got up at 2 and I feel fine - and will probaby manage to go to bed at a more normal hour tonight.
Why my body does it though I have no idea. If anyone can throw any light on the subject, please do.
Bev, I have the same problem on occasions. Knackered all day then at about stupid am want to get on the phone to talk to people :confused: Can be up all night and when it is time to get up it is then that I want to go to bed and sleep for a week. Not sure what the problem is, although it has got worse since the good ol' menopause......or in my case, menostopped i.e. can't get a man for love nor money :D:D:sigh:

xx

Not sure what the problem is, although it has got worse since the good ol' menopause......or in my case, menostopped i.e. can't get a man for love nor money :D:D:sigh:

xx
Could be that with me too. Although I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and lost my ovaries I've been on HRT until 18 months ago. So I went through a VERY rapid menopause. Really pants! Been much worse with the sleepless nights since so definitely food for though.

Re menostopped - have you thought of getting a cat instead? They don't answer back, don't need thier ego stroking (just their fur) and are far more affection than most men. Don't buy you nice presents unfortunately but you could always buy one for yourself, wrap it and say it was from the cat!

Don't buy you nice presents unfortunately but you could always buy one for yourself, wrap it and say it was from the cat!

No different from most marriages then! My DH is very good actually but I still buy presents for myeslf, wrap them and say it's from him - that way he gives me more :D

Could be that with me too. Although I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and lost my ovaries I've been on HRT until 18 months ago. So I went through a VERY rapid menopause. Really pants! Been much worse with the sleepless nights since so definitely food for though.

Re menostopped - have you thought of getting a cat instead? They don't answer back, don't need thier ego stroking (just their fur) and are far more affection than most men. Don't buy you nice presents unfortunately but you could always buy one for yourself, wrap it and say it was from the cat!
Unfortunately I had to re-home my 3 cats 18 months ago because where I moved to was too dangerous for them....busy roads etc., and I miss them so much and still have a cry when looking at their pictures :cry:they were so loving though *sigh* xxx

herewego said:
No different from most marriages then! My DH is very good actually but I still buy presents for myeslf, wrap them and say it's from him - that way he gives me more :D

I'm single now, so last Christmas bought myself some perfume, which I was obviously very surprised about when I opened it. lol This year I will be getting my very own pet rabbit. :)

I wish I was around enough for a cat :(

Not had such a good day today. Had a late lunch but despite having a great big lunch with lots of salad, I was munchy and ate quite a few biscuits. Oh dear. Never mind, draw a line under it and carry on for tomorrow. However I could sense from lunchtimeish that today was going to be like that so I am trying to think about how I could have prevented today's 'lilt' off plan.

Food (Greenish !)
Breakfast: Mullerlight, passion fruit, 2 pears
Lunch (3.30pm): Lentil Shepherds pie (incl HexA1) plus lettuce, pepper, cucumber, tomato, beetroot
2 x Alpen lights (HexB1)
4 x fox's chocolate/caramel cookie - 6.5 syns each
2 x custard creams ( ? 4 syns each)
1 x Velvet crunch (4 syns)
2 x Alpen light (HexB2 - as if that matters by now !!!!)

Syns - 38 :eek:

I am a bit anxious about this weekend. Friday night is at my sisters house - she is usually really good with me but this isn't catered for me. I have seen what she has cooked for the main course (and no doubt there will be pudding +/- starter as well). It is lasagne but looked like full fat mince, was quite fatty, lots of white sauce. Eeek. I would like to take my own (SW friendly) but I know she'd be really p*****d off with me if I did that. Saturday I have family do (catered) which inevitably won't be particularly SW friendly (although may not be that bad either). Then my niece's birthday - I don't know what we're doing for that. I'm not very good at saying no to things that I really like. I have been successful at SW because I plan well to avoid temptations as far as possible, so that when I can't avoid them or don't want to, it's ok. So this weekend will be a VERY big challenge. Eeeeeek. And it's my last WI before hols. Double eeeek. Help !

Gail x

Oh no! I know what you mean about saying no! It's hard too when you've gone a bit off piste, the oh sod it factor kicks in all too easily. Try filling up on superfree before you go? It may at least sate some of your appetite and limit the damage. Good luck though. x

Hi Gail - you're right, tomorrow is a new day. Class today as a flexi!

I had the munchies at 6am this morning but couldn't decide whether it was still yesterday (hadn't been to bed) or this morning! So decided it was morning and had an early breakfast of some eggs and beans! Then went to bed for a few hours and got up and had my lunch!

Have to admit though your weekend looks a bit "challenging". Would talking to your sister first be any help and ask her if you could even take your own lasagne with you so that you look at though you're eating the same dish?

Is the catered "do" a buffet or sit down? You're ace at SW so if a buffet I'm sure you'll find something that is ok. If not then that could mean another flexi day!

As you say - eeeek! keep smilin' though.

Don't wanna read and run, but no real choice.. I'll try and come back later, just wanted to say, head up, it's a new day tomorrow & Pommette has given you some very good advice. Good luck, chuck. *huggles*

Good luck for the weekend gail. I know you can do it! For the dinner at your sis's could you have a small portion of the lasagne then load up on salad? I don't know what to suggest otherwise! EEK sorry can't think of any advice!xxxx

Tomorrow is a new day...................................

Had a(nother) bit of a disaster today (I won't even try to count my syns today - eeek !). Some emotional eating - the only surprise is that it's taken until today to do that (considering the last fortnight that I've had). I don't think it helps that I'm a bit anxious about the upcoming weekend thinking that everyone will be watching me. However, I will continue to try to do my best. Don't worry, no matter what happens over the next few days I will get back on plan. I still plan to try my best on holiday. We will just have to see.

Best wishes

Gail xxx

Bye bye '11's', see you again in a few weeks............hopefully !!! (ooops :eek:)

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Gail
I really hope this weekend goes ok and isn't too stressful. I'll have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow night at the family "do". REMEMBER: Say thank you to any compliments, smile broadly, hold your head up but more importantly stick you good bits out !!!!

If you do put a bit on on holiday, we can look after each other in the 12's.

I hope that you you have a good time at your family gathering. You have much to be proud of Gail so make sure that you walk Tall. When do you go on holiday Gail? x

Walk tall, babe, you have done so well. A small slip up won't ruin everything. A small mistake is a tiny step backwards on the huge journey you have travelled! It's fine, cut yourself some slack, enjoyt the family time and then back on the wagon after. *hugs*

Have a lovely time Gail, that's what it's all about! Enjoy your compliments and we know you will be straight back on it when you get back to normality!! Lots of love xxxx

Have a super weekend Gail xx

Try not to worry about the food side and just ENJOY it!!! :eating:

It's just one weekend...;)

So true all of you. Fingers crossed and hold on for the ride !!!

Bev - 'if I put on we can look after each other in the 12's' - I don't think there is an 'if' but more of a 'when' ! So, we will do it together :) However, I am determined that as much as I have been off plan the last couple of days (today was a little better - a bit more controlled at least) I will continue to do my best over the weekend and on holiday, accept whatever gain is coming to me and get my head down to get the gain off as soon as possible.

I will continue to post over the weekend but then may be 'incommunicado' after that for a fortnight - eeeeek. Withdrawal symptoms I think....................;)

Gail x

Back