Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Sounds like you had a pretty good trip Gail - at least you have a better idea of what suits you - and what size to look for and hopefully you'll feel more confident about shopping for yourself.

I know what you mean about short/no sleeves - I tend to try and find 3/4 length sleeves for T-shirts etc. It has to be pretty warm before I venture out in short sleeves and I never go sleeveless unless I'm on holiday!

Hi Gail,

That was really bad luck earlier hun. But it really doesn't matter as long as u enjoyed it!
That money will be burning a hole in yr pocket tho so I think u shud get yrself along to debenhams ASAP before u spontaneously combust LOL!
Seriously, I like debenhams...bit pricey but very classy stuff...right up your street lady xx l have a dress in my wardrobe I bought from there, and its my goal to get back in to it by my birthday. If I do, i'll put it up as my avatar!

Good luck with the shopping honey,

Luv Dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

You have teeny tiny feet! I have clumping size 7's. I've never been to one of those sessions Gail, but did make the effort to get properly fitted with bras a while ago. It made such a difference, both to my shape and ego!
Have a great weekend and thankyou for your welcome, wise and kind advice. xxx

Thanks Bess, Dawn, Jane, Spanx and Smartie (and anyone else who has read this !),

Am off tomorrow afternoon. Really looking forward to it. Have been drooling at menus tonight ! Still a bit anxious about the mammoth gain that I'm going to have but looking forward to getting back on plan hopefully and drawing a line under the food and wine that I will have and enjoy this weekend. Still about 3lb up from last weeks weigh in which really isn't great when I'm going away but I just have to accept that is a consequence of my 'choc fest' night on Monday ! Ah well.

I have found this week difficult but I am inspired by some of the people that I've seen here get back on plan and keep going after a difficult few weeks (Val amongst others !). I want to keep going on this because I have no choice. It's either that or put the weight back on and I really don't want to do that. So, even if I decided that I was happy with how I am now, I can't stop doing SW so I might as well keep going no matter how long it takes. I was hoping to get to my goal (whatever that ends up being) by the end of the year but I think it may take a little bit longer than that (maybe not, I just don't know) so I think I'm just going to plod on without a target date or weight and see how it goes.

I love the fact that I can help people here to keep going and hopefully feel as great as I do and that there are others that do/have done that for me. I love Minimins :D

Will be reading others posts over the weekend (and probably post from my phone !) but don't worry if I go quiet. It will just be because I am feasting courtesy of the London chefs :p

Gail x

P.S. I forgot to mention that the highlight of the 'failed' shopping mission on Wed was right at the end, trying on a fitted pencil dress (size 14) which although was a little bit tight (ok when standing, couldn't have sat down !) I couldn't stop looking in the mirror because it just didn't look like my body :)

Gail, I hope you have a fantabulous weekend! Though it's probably a good job you didn't invest in the black pencil dress - it wouldn't have been very forgiving of a gourmet meal!!! :eek:

I know you'll get back on track. It's hard to keep on going, week after week, even when you can see and feel the improvements in your health and appearance. It's like anything - sometimes there will be days when we just don't want to follow our routines - get up, go to work etc etc, but we do. It doesn't mean we don't like our lives, but sometimes change is as good as a rest. So I hope you really make the most of this weekend and it inspires you to get back on track... x

Have a fab weekend. Love the pencil-dress story... yay!!! I agree with you about SW being a way of eating for life, the framework of it anyway, when you & others said that first I didn't quite get it but I feel so glad I have found something I can do. We will always have difficult times when we go back to old, bad habits but I hope they will get less and less. Thanks so much for all your wise words and support and enjoy every bit of your treat!

xxx

Have a great weekend, and enjoy all the yummy food xxx

Gail, I hope you have a fantabulous weekend! Though it's probably a good job you didn't invest in the black pencil dress - it wouldn't have been very forgiving of a gourmet meal!!! :eek:

I know you'll get back on track. It's hard to keep on going, week after week, even when you can see and feel the improvements in your health and appearance. It's like anything - sometimes there will be days when we just don't want to follow our routines - get up, go to work etc etc, but we do. It doesn't mean we don't like our lives, but sometimes change is as good as a rest. So I hope you really make the most of this weekend and it inspires you to get back on track... x

Have a fab weekend. Love the pencil-dress story... yay!!! I agree with you about SW being a way of eating for life, the framework of it anyway, when you & others said that first I didn't quite get it but I feel so glad I have found something I can do. We will always have difficult times when we go back to old, bad habits but I hope they will get less and less. Thanks so much for all your wise words and support and enjoy every bit of your treat!

xxx

Thanks so much for your lovely comments Katy and Spanx and useful thoughts. Much appreciated. I will definitely reread these when I get back from the weekend. And thanks Tracy and Laura. I really appreciate all the support I get from people here.

Well, the weekend is going well. Dinner on Saturday night was great although I was looking through my camera tonight and found a couple of photos at the end of the evening with us in the kitchen which I really didn't remember at all !

Went for a swim today in the beautiful roof top pool - it's the first time in ages that I've been swimming because I just don't have the confidence to get into a swimming costume and although I was VERY self conscious and waited until there weren't many people around, I really enjoyed it. Did quite a bit of swimming which although is just a (positive) drop in the ocean compared to what I've been eating this weekend :eek: it will help a little.

Hotel is fantastic. Unfortunately I came back to my room this afternoon to find that the lovely hotel staff had left a homemade chocolate Easter Bunny ! Uh oh...........:eek:

So, last meal tomorrow - off to Gordon Ramsay. Yum yum. And then WI first thing Tuesday morning (eeeeeek) and back on plan. I am expecting a mammoth gain - my guess is somewhere between 7 and 10 lbs (hopefully not more but you never know and I need to be prepared for anything) although some of that will be temporary water retention/big meal gain, there will be a good few pounds of 'proper' gain. However, I think the weekend has been well worth it (in terms of both types of 'pounds' !!) and I have nothing specific happening this week so I am going to try really hard, try to get out running at least a couple of times and hope to lose at least a few pounds by the weekend (obviously only 5 days from 1 WI to the next) even if it's not all of the gain (probably won't be).

This is a really important week for me. I hadn't had a particularly good week last week and have made the upcoming gain a bit worse because of that but as I have said to lots of others, it's not what you do that's important because that's in the past, it's how you respond to it. So this is my time to step up to the mark and to make it happen for me. Although I feel really good about myself most of the time for what I have achieved, what makes me feel most good is what I do and how I behave. If I don't stick to plan I feel bad. So this is my chance to turn it round again and get back on track, no matter what my gain is.

Fingers crossed and I'll let you know how tomorrow goes *drool* !

Gail x

Good luck with your wi Gail xx

Personally I don't think it will matter if u put 2 or 10 on...you're in the right frame of mind and the right type of woman to just knuckle down and get it straight off again xx That's one of the reasons u make such a inspirational role model for the rest of us hun xx

Have a great day,

Love Dawn xx

Have a

Gail - I'm so glad you've had a great weekend! It sounds fantastic and just the kind of thing my DH and I loved to do in a previous life a long long time ago ;)

You seem to be in the right place to accept a gain gracefully so I'm sure you will do well over the next few weeks. You have come so far and have really enjoyed life while losing weight and that's such an inspiration. So many of us put things on hold while we are trying to lose weight and miss out on a good life in the process. :)

Well done!

Good luck with your wi Gail xx

Personally I don't think it will matter if u put 2 or 10 on...you're in the right frame of mind and the right type of woman to just knuckle down and get it straight off again xx That's one of the reasons u make such a inspirational role model for the rest of us hun xx

Have a great day,

Love Dawn xx

Have a

Couldn't agree more, it sounds as though you have had a brilliant time Gail! xx

So many of us put things on hold while we are trying to lose weight and miss out on a good life in the process. :)

QUOTE]

Yes, that's exactly it Alli and what a mistake, though why it's taken me so long to realise it I don't know. :rolleyes: xx

Hi Gail, glad you've had a great week of fancy meals. I hope you're not too disappointed if you gain as it all sounds worth it to me! Hope you've had a nice Easter weekend! Lots of love xxxx

Wow, it sounds like you've had a wonderful time! Good luck for tomorrow, and I'm sure it won't be as bad as you have envisioned!

Yay for lovely weekends!
Xx

Morning Gail, hope you are not still hiding behind the sofa :D

Your weekend sounds absolutely top notch and well worth a slight detour on your weight-loss journey.

Have a lovely day xx

Thanks everyone. I will post more detail later (from a FANTASTIC weekend :)) but this mornings weigh in is + 7lbs !! Clothes definitely feeling tighter today too. Ah well, I have accepted it gracefully (for now !). Have today planned (including using syns), will try and go out for a run too and drink plenty. Aim is to have this off in 2-3 weeks if not less ideally so here goes.

Big hugs. Gail xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks everyone. I will post more detail later (from a FANTASTIC weekend :)) but this mornings weigh in is + 7lbs !! Clothes definitely feeling tighter today too. Ah well, I have accepted it gracefully (for now !). Have today planned (including using syns), will try and go out for a run too and drink plenty. Aim is to have this off in 2-3 weeks if not less ideally so here goes.

Big hugs. Gail xx

Sent from my iPhone
Not too bad at all, most of that will be water weight and very quickly gotten rid of. You'll be fine.......you are a very strong and determined lady, from what I have read in your diary. xx

You were spot on with your prediction, then!
You'll have it off in no time at all :)
xx

I'm pretty sure it won't be there for long... and worth it, I suspect!

xxx

Back