Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hang on in there Gail.

xxx

Well done for sticking to plan regardless of the stress and utter knackeringness of this week. You've done so well. Allow yourself some relaxie time... have a quick easy tea and relax when you can.

Thanks everyone. All I can say now is that the week is over. Hurray !!! I don't think I've had a week quite as bad as that for a very very long time. Oh well.

Well, I stuck to plan all week except today :eek:
Day ? Green !
Breakfast: Mullerlight
Lunch: nothing (and no drinks either)
Tea (9pm): 2 eggs, pasta, 2 chocolate weetabix plus milk (HexB and HexA and 2 syns), 1 Gu chocolate tiramisu (approx 20 syns), 1/4 tube of pringles (? 10 syns), 2 mini chocolate crispy cakes (5 syns). No 2nd HexA or HexB

So, no fruit, no vegetables - ooops !

Ah well, I think I needed that ! I know I have gone way over on my syns but considering that tea was pretty much the only meal I had today, I'm not actually that bothered. I don't do this very often. I had actually planned to have marmite pasta tonight but I couldn't get the marmite jar open ! Never mind, maybe another time.

I didn't go to orchestra tonight because I didn't leave work until after 8pm. Looking forward to the weekend especially because I worked last weekend.

Will go and have a read of other people's diaries now :)

Gail x

Another thought - I have noticed that I get much much colder than I ever used to. My friends used to joke that I would happily live in a fridge. Now I find that I'm often cold especially my hands which never used to get cold.

I also desperately need to my watch made smaller - it dangles now and I can almost get 3 fingers in between the strap and my wrist !

And my body fat (measured on my scales) has now dropped below 40 % (which might not seem like a good thing but considering that I started at 51 % and that was after I'd lost over 2 stone, I think that's good !). Interesting thought that last time I was this weight (10 yrs ago) my body fat (measured at the gym) was about 28% - I was much fitter then but even so.

Gail x

My fingers are like wee icicles! Well done on the body fat losses! :)

Hi Gail,

OOh...did you feel the collective :sigh: from us all when you finished work tonight? xx

Now you make sure you chill out this weekend...that's an order...from all of us here!!! :copon:

Forget about the food/syns for today. I think you've done incredibly well to cope with everything that's been thrown at you this week, so I think you deserve today off! I would seriously consider suing Marmite though for sabotaging your evening meal plans!! Fancy not being able to get the lid off lol :8855: Actually I've never heard of Marmite pasta...is it just...well...Marmite and pasta? :brainfart:

Well you take care hunni,

Lots of love, Dawn xx

Glad to hear you've finally got chance for a rest Gail - hope you manage to get a lie-in tomorrow!

I'm interested in what Marmite pasta is all about too! x

Me three! What is this Marmite pasta receipe you talk of Gail? As i know the real Marmite pasta recipe uses butter so am intrigued to know what this receipe is

Glad to hear that you're busy week is over and syns on stressful days don't count :p Well done to you for keeping on track anyways

Hope you get some Gail time to yourself and relax. Good luck for WI xx

Ah, feeling cold - me too, pretty much all the time now and like you I never felt it. Even when I was slim (a long time ago) I was never cold, but since losing the first lost of weight I always am and that's in spite of putting on 2 of the 4 stones I lost.
Dieting must have messed with our metabolisms, not all skinny people are cold, or fat people warm, has anyone else noticed this?

Hi gail i'm so glad for you that the week is over, I hope you can enjoy your weekend.
Don't worry about the extra syns you had, like you say that's all you ate that day. Plus it could have been much worse.

Well done on the body fat % going down that's fantastic!

Also you're not alone in feeling cold, I was exactly the same when I first lost weight although I think my body has realised i'm not as large now and actually needs to keep me warm instead of cooling of down all the time! I'm sure you will readjust over time but in the meantime wrap up warm!

Hoping the week ahead is better for you x

Hi Gail

Not quite read all your diary yet but just had to post now. Sorry you've had a pants week, chill out and recharge your batteries over the weekend. We need you back in a good frame of mind to keep inspiring us - which is what you normally do. You have lost sooo much weight - well done girl.

I had actually planned to have marmite pasta tonight but I couldn't get the marmite jar open !
I'm with skinnydawn - sue 'em for ruining your day.

I didn't go to orchestra tonight because I didn't leave work until after 8pm. Looking forward to the weekend especially because I worked last weekend.
Who do you play with? I played in an orchestra until I was 40 but sold Fred (my viola) when we came to Spain as I hadn't played for over 10 years and there is nowhere to play where we are now.

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

Last edited:
I still play from time to time with my daughter. I'd like to play with an orchestra again, but I'm very, very rusty now and was never very good anyway.:rolleyes:
And when would I find the time? :sigh:

Ah - I know what you mean about time! I'm retired and there is still never enough of it!

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . ." I was reasonably good. Played with the IYO one year and was lead viola in the MYO and BYO. Even thought about doing music as a career until I realised I actually wasn't good enough to be a soloist and didn't want to spend my whole life in the rank and file of a big orchestra and teaching (not very good) kids to play.

So in my adult years whenever I went back to the orchestra (after a time away due to presures of work) I got frustrated as I just couldn't play to "my standard" any more. Hence I gave up playing!
Still love listening to classical music and enjoying the experts.

Well, I will TRY and keep this post short but because I am not known for being succinct with my words and I have had quite a lot to drink, I may not be that successful !!!!

Today has been a bit weird - had very little to eat and a lot (relatively speaking) to drink - oh dear. Made a scan bran cake this afternoon - breakfast and lunch (fudge cake with quark) - was really excited but it wasn't that good. Ate about 40 % of it (because I'm not good at turning stuff down) and then left the rest, never to be eaten again ! Haven't eaten very much else apart from some vegetables and dips incl wholemeal pitta (SW friendly). So all in all today have haven't had much - both HexB's (some scan bran and whole meal pitta), about 1/3 HexA (in coffee), a handful of carrot sticks and cucumber, a little total 0% and homemade tomato/pepper dip and a couple of SW friendly wedges. And a lot of wine....................! So, neither green nor red. I promise to get back on the proper plan tomorrow.

I feel a bit more relaxed today. Am supposed to be running 10k tomorrow (and still presently planning (vaguely) to do that !) but not sure that the day of not much food and evening of lots of wine was the best preparation for that.................

Ah well, I suspect that tomorrow's weigh in will be a falsely low weight but at least I will have the incentive now to keep that falsely low weight ! I have decided that I want my 5.5 stone shiny before I go away in a couple of week so even if I get it tomorrow (which is a possibility even though it might be a bit falsely low), I want to keep it until I go away :).

Anyway, will stop rambling now !!!

I will post more sense tomorrow :)

Gail x

Actually, more ramblings from me tonight...................

Went shopping today. Spent a lot of time in Blacks (I know I should be more feminine but I love outdoor clothing). Bought a new waterproof jacket (size 14 instead of xxl or male jackets) and a new fleece. Also bought a slightly expensive pink hoody (size 16) which although it doesn't go with anything else that I own, I don't care because it is 'comfort clothing' but in the right size !!!!

Gail x

Sounds like you've let your hair down and are enjoying yourself! Good on ya! :) Good luck with the run tomorrow!

Ooooh! Loving the NSV! :D

Morning Gail!

Hope the hangover isn't too bad today! It was great to read that you had the chilled day we all wanted you to have xx

And hark at you in your size 14's...you skinny little mynx you!

Good luck with the wi hunni xx I don't believe in false readings...your weight is your weight, end of. So it doesn't matter what you ate yesterday...the scales will tell you what you weigh today and you can take it from there xx. I must say you are sounding very determined, good for you!

Have a super day,

Love dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi Gail! Sounds like that was a much needed release yesterday! And I know what you mean about the outdoor clothing. I have two very nice and useful Regatta waterproofs that for me more comfortably than ever. But as I carry on they will be too big :-(

Have fun today and good luck for weigh in.

xx

P.s. I love hearing all your orchestra stories girls. I never got past playing with the school (violin), never put the effort in, and do regret it. x

Back