Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Very quick posting. Will post more (and on Sunday weighers thread later). Am regretting a little drinking lots of wine and going to bed so late - probably wasn't the best preparation for a 10k run, especially as I've never run more than 2.5 miles recently. Eeeeeeeeek !

Anyway, I have lost 5 lbs - more eeeeeeks ! (has dropped off me at the end of this week) so I have now achieved my 5.5 shiny which I will add later. Next week I hope simply to maintain as I will be eating a bit better by then and I am a bit concerned that some of that loss is 'false loss'.

Will post my orchestra stories/details and the agony of the 10k later - even more eeeeeks !!!!!

Gail x

Crikey well done Gail! Huge loss!

Good luck with the run...make sure u have plenty of water! I'm thrilled I can run for 2 mins now, so I take my hat off to you attempting 10k! You go girl! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Wow Gail! Another 5 lbs! well done you. just shows what a stressful week can do for you - bring mine on! Fantastic. Hope the run went well and shopping in Blacks - me too. I bought a great lightweight fleece for my coast walk, it seemed very flimsy but was so comfortable, warm but didn't make me too hot - that sounds weird and I haven't started on the wine yet! Soooo impressed about the 5lb loss! xx

Well, you'll never guess what. I only went and ran the whole flippin' lot. OMG. I can't tell you how amazed I am. However I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone here who supports me. One the the most important things that kept me going was thinking about how I'd feel posting here that I ran it all. I know you would have been pleased for me even if I didn't run it all but I wanted to do it for you and for me :D

My time was pretty slow and by the end I was running at the same speed as a couple of people who were brisk walking but nevertheless I did it. Just fractionally under 1 hr 30 mins according to my watch although I haven't seen the official time yet. Some of it wasn't too bad but the last 1-2km was extremely painful. Owwww. I was literally counting the steps near the end. I was very emotional at the end and nearly cried ! 5.5 stone and a 10km run. OMG. Who'd have thought.

So my advice to all you who are doing much better than I am with running regularly and building up gradually is not to take the pace too fast and to remember that most of your running is in your head. You can run much further than you think you can, you just have to find ways of convincing your head to keep going.

Gail x

Well, you'll never guess what. I only went and ran the whole flippin' lot. OMG. I can't tell you how amazed I am. However I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone here who supports me. One the the most important things that kept me going was thinking about how I'd feel posting here that I ran it all. I know you would have been pleased for me even if I didn't run it all but I wanted to do it for you and for me :D

My time was pretty slow and by the end I was running at the same speed as a couple of people who were brisk walking but nevertheless I did it. Just fractionally under 1 hr 30 mins according to my watch although I haven't seen the official time yet. Some of it wasn't too bad but the last 1-2km was extremely painful. Owwww. I was literally counting the steps near the end. I was very emotional at the end and nearly cried ! 5.5 stone and a 10km run. OMG. Who'd have thought.

So my advice to all you who are doing much better than I am with running regularly and building up gradually is not to take the pace too fast and to remember that most of your running is in your head. You can run much further than you think you can, you just have to find ways of convincing your head to keep going.

Gail x

Gail I have just seen your post about the 10K in the NSV thread and noticed your 5 1/2 stone sticker and had to come straight here to say a MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Running 10k is such a huge achievement I'm not surprised you felt emotional - what you have done is just amazing!

I'm so delighted for you and I hope you aren't too achy now (even though it would be so worth it!).

Very well done :)

OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!OMG!!

What a double whammy Gail! 5lbs and completing a 10k race - I'm super impressed! Seriously well done you. Now I need to sit down and recover from reading about your achievements ;)

Well done on getting your 5.5 Gail, that is fantastic. As for the run, 10k is incredible!! Altho I know what u mean about it being in your head, never thought I'd run 20 mins but I did!!

Xxx

Am regretting a little drinking lots of wine and going to bed so late -
Me too!
Anyway, I have lost 5 lbs - so I have now achieved my 5.5 shiny which I will add later.
Bloody Fantastic (that may get ** out)

Well, you'll never guess what. I only went and ran the whole flippin' lot. OMG.
Another Bloody Fantastic
My time was pretty slow - fractionally under 1 hr 30 mins
Might sound slow to you but as I can't even run 1k sounds pretty good to me

What else can I add to what everyone has said - except FANTASTIC ..........

Should set you up for a really good week - now go and have a long hot soak in the bath, treat yourself and take a glass of wine with you but go to bed early!

Oh Gail, I am sop unbelievably chuffed for you! What an amazing achievement! You are such an inspiration! Well done!!!!!

*hugs!*

Crumbs Gail! :happy036:

You never cease to amaze me! Did you ever think a few months ago that you could EVER accomplish the things you are now?

I can't tell you how pleased and blooming proud I feel to be friends with you, and to share in your fabulous achievements :hug99:

Hope you've had a well deserved soak :0bathtime: and a nice rest, and that you don't suffer too much tomorrow xx

Lots of love,

Dawn xx

Gail, what an amazing lady you are!! Congratulations on your 5.5 sticker thingy and wow on the 10k run. I am full of respect and admiration for you hun. Well done xxx

5lb and a 10k run!! You're totally on it! So, so pleased for you. What excellent news! Hope this week is better. I bet you can't help but smile! Xx

Awww thanks everyone. And welcome to my thread Hannah.

This week is not looking much better than last week (in terms of work) so I would like to apologise to anyone who's thread I just haven't got time to visit at the moment - there are a few I haven't been to recently that I know i need to (want to) go but want to go when I've got time. So apologies especially to Jules, Maverick (who's birthdays I think I missed too - sorry) Lil sausage, Zeke who I know I haven't been to recently but to anyone elses that I may still not get to this week. I will get there eventually so please bear with me.

Thanks so much for your words of support. You are a great bunch and kept me going yesterday :)

Back to work now :(

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Gail,

Don't you over do it :nono: ...we will all still be here when you next come back so don't worry about the posting etc. :gen126:

Take care :hug99:

luv Dawn xx

Wow Gail well done on your 10k I am sooo impressed. Sorry as I've been such a slacker with diaries I didn't know you were doing one - was it the Manchester run? I know a few people who did it and said it was amazing - such a good atmosphere and things. :) You're fab!

Also well done on your loss and on getting through that tough work week, you're such a star!!!

Back