Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Ha ha ha ! You are on form tonight Dawn :D. I have laughed out loud on more than one occasion at your posts this evening. (and we have been simultaneously posting on each others threads at times :cool:)

I would have been in bed (honest guv !) but I'm waiting for my shepherds pie to cool down before putting it in the freezer ! Have now (sensibly) divided it into bits to help it cool rather than leaving it in the big dish (until 11.20pm - oops) to cool rather more slowly................................

Not having my syns and HexB until I am definitely on my way to bed. No point in making the temptations worse. Oh my gosh, I feel a degree of control there - YAAAAAAY :D

Gail x

Aww thanks Gail...we do have a good laugh on here don't we? :giggle: I think it helps us all tbh. It's so easy to feel frustrated or down :)

Just read your post hun...syn free grub in the oven...monitoring syns...planning ahead...

Yep...

It's official...

I feel the need to use the "C" word :eek: ...

Gail's in CONTROL!!!

Well done :0clapper: on another good day Gail. And don't worry if tomorrow isn't so good...it's not a race and we will get there when we get there. You have a lovely little group of friends here who, like me, think the world of you :grouphugg: and want to support you the way that you support us xx

Dawn xx

Delighted to hear things are better for you now Gail, keep going with those good days, one day at a time. I think you're doing a great job! X

Maybe tonight could be the night for you to try out a supernoodle omelette! I challenge anyone to eat much after one of those bad boys, they're so filling! And yummy!

Eeeeek, scary Jules !! Sadly I have no eggs in the house and Ocado don't sell fat free supernoodles :(. Thanks Clareel and Dawn for checking up on me :D

Well, yesterday's Syn total was 17 so I am happy with that. But even happier with just feeling positive and in control (relatively speaking !!). I am still holding to myself the threat of removing all the syns from the house if necessary but it's looking like I won't need to do that :).

Today will be green again :).

See you later all.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done for getting back into it Gail. 17 syns is very good going and you are slowly but surely reeling it all back in. We're all with you hun. You are so inspiring and I love your honesty.

Have another good day :D xx

Thanks Mini mum, Dawn and Spanx,

Minimum - I have been feeling a bit down recently because I gained a lot (11 lbs over 3.5 weeks) and was out of control with my eating since getting back from hols. I know it was only a few days and I wasn't seriously worried that I wouldn't get back on plan again (unlike the 'early days' when I worried that any little thing would 'knock me off my perch') but I was genuinely out of control. I ate somewhere between (probably because obviously not counted :ashamed0005:) 50-80 syns per day most days last week :eek: and that is very unlike me.

For me this is all about control - I feel totally fantastic but I also know that deep down I am and always will be a pig. I have huge 'fat potential' ! So, I have to be on the plan otherwise I will simply put back on all the weight I lost and a bit more. I DO NOT want to go back to that so I have no option but to carry on. I was finding it hard to get back on track which then raises the anxiety that gradually I will slip back to where I came from. Hence the mini-despondency ! But, I think I am now back on track. Clearly I need a few good days under my belt but I have had 2 so far and am feeling good about being back on track. So fingers crossed.

Sorry for the long post. You probably just wanted me to say - 'yes, you're right' and leave it at that :cool:. Apologies but brevity has NEVER been one of my strengths........................!!! :rolleyes:

Gail x

I completely understand your predicament and I am pretty sure that we have ALL been through it... The one thing we all have in common on this forum is our love of food and the way we turn to food as comfort (after all that is why we are big!) The difference between you before your sw journey and the difference between you now is you know how to take control again. The fact that you have managed to talk about it and you have fallen off the bike but now you are back on that bike riding it again shows how far you have come.

Sorry for making it sound like it was nothing in my last comment and i probably shouldn't of commented when I didn't have all of the facts :(

Stay strong and look foward not back... Whats done is done and you can't change it but you can alter how it affects you or doesn't!

x x

Gail - Well done on getting back on track! It's so hard to do, so big credit to you for achieving it. I couldn't when on SW but seem to have found a reasonably calm space at the moment and am eating sensibly most of the time.

Thanks for your kind comments on my diary, by the way! What would we do without Minis, eh!? :)

Have a great day!

Afternoon Gail...I'm actually getting a lunch break today so just thought I'd pop by xx

Hope today is going well, speak later xx

Thanks Mini mum and Alli,

Short post as I'm on my phone but Mini mum, I just wanted to make sure that you didn't think I was offended in any way by your earlier post. I really wasn't (and loved your the most recent one), I just talk waaaay too much !!

All ok so far except i've had 1.5 of my 2 HexB's already. Eeeeek !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Good news Gail :party0049: and it's not so bad having had nearly all your hexB's :)

Doing EE I only get one of each, and I've usually had them both by breakfast! :doh:

A quick fact for you... An average weight for a newborn baby is 7lbs 2 oz so in fact you have lost in total nearly the weight of 10 babies!! Now if that doesn't make you think nothing will ;)

Only nearly 6 and a bit babies worth by my standards!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Well done Gail, on getting a grip, I do admire you. :)

Hey Gail, just catchin up on the last few days. I can totally relate to being a greedy pig, because that is why I am/was overweight. I reckon it's genetic too, as my Mum is exactly the same. Until about 10 years ago she was very overweight. She lost over 5 stone and has kept it off, but she has to think about what she eats every day, and can easily gain half a stone by a few days of being careless.

I still have the greed gene too. Like tonight, I had two massive platefuls of food for tea, not because I was hungry, but because it was there and there was no-one else in to watch me eat it all! It was all sw friendly, but I'm not sure eating that much is really helping the cause!!

Having been on hols last week, I am only just getting back on to plan properly, and I think it will still take a few weeks until I see a loss again, but I'm happy to plod on until it does happen.

You have done so fantastically and I know you will be 100% back on it soon. Think of all the lovely new clothes you have to fit into asap!!! xxx

Very well said Laura. I definitely have great fat potential and the fatty gene. I sadly associate food with celebrating and commiserating, and therefore end up eating all the time. I think I will always enjoy eating, it's just a matter of changing my habits. It is tough getting back in the SW way of eating after holidays but I have every confidence that you both will get back in the swing of things. X

Well, todays lesson from Gail is not to get too complacent..........oops.

I thought I'd cracked it but had another wobbly day today. I think I was a bit stressed at work (nothing specific) and I didn't drink enough. I know that i'm not good at telling when I'm hungry vs thirsty so it went downhill from there. However I feel more positive about todays wobble than previous. I guess I had 2 good days in a row and I felt better so I know I can get back there.

I have been losing anyway this week (up til now at least !) so am determined still to have some kind of loss by Sunday.

Fingers crossed and thanks everyone for being there for me :)

Gail x

A wobble is natural, but the main thing is that you've recognised it and drawn a line under it. You had a long time off plan, so it's no doubt going to be hard to get back on it, but you're in the zone! X

Hi Gail,

Come on hunni, a wobble here and there won't hurt :patback:

How are you doing with the extra syn allowance etc? Is it helping at all? I'm pretty sure that if you have more good than not so good days this week you'll still lose on Sunday, so keep the faith. Remind yourself of how well you've done so far Gail...5 stones is a huge amount of weight to lose and I bet you had one or two wobbly days while you were losing it. And yet you still lost that weight. So it may well have taken a couple of more weeks ...but who's counting? xxx

Lots of love

Dawn xx

I guess I had 2 good days in a row and I felt better

Hooray! :D Well done.

And I'm not ignoring the rest of your post, just picking out the most important bits! xx

Back