Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Gail - I agree with Dawn. Just stick to your own plan and don't worry about the syns. You'll be fully back on track in no time.

How did the concert and buffet go?

Hi Gail, just wondering how the concert went and isn't your WI today? I think Dawn's comments are spot on and your stretchy syns are a great idea to ease yourself back in to SW. :)

Bev, Shrimpy, Bess, Clareel, Dawn, Jules (and anyone else who comes here to 'butt kick' !) You are the best for remembering my WI and coming to find me and for being so amazingly supportive and encouraging :)

Obviously I hadn't forgotten !! Have been working today so no chance to post.

Concert went well last night thanks for asking. That was 'only' a fun string orchestra who are a bit scraggy at best but I love it and the people who play, even if we don't make great music !!! Next week is the more serious stuff so keep your fingers crossed for then.

Today, I lost 3 lbs. Obviously I'm happy with that but as I've said before it's the control that's critical, not the actual weight. Clearly had I been more in control, it would have been more. But I'm not, and it isn't so I'm happy. I still have 2.5 lbs more holiday weight to lose although actually it's probably a bit more than that in reality because of my 'pre holiday' gain. But, I am waaaaay more in control than this time last week and that makes me happy.

Overall i'm not 100% SW motivated at the moment, (ie I would prefer not to be doing it at the moment because I'm a pig) although i probably am 100% SW enthusiastic, however I AM more than 100% SW committed and therefore it is working. My commitment isn't going anywhere and that it what is keeping me going even if at times I don't really 'feel like it' !!

Thanks everyone. You really are great :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Aww...a happy Gail! How much do we like that!

Congrats on the weight loss hunni, but an even bigger 'well done' on staying committed xx

We knew you'd be fine...but we did have plan b on standby...a certain skinny teacher with a shed load of scan bran waiting in the wings lol!

Take care xxx

Lol...we must have had the same idea Jules!!! Xx

Gail - well done. 3lb when not 100% on plan is pretty damn bloody good!
Back in control and still committed works well for me! (((hugs)))

Dawn/Jules - get ready to do BIG hugs next week.
And give Gail one from me too!

Pommette said:
Dawn/Jules - get ready to do BIG hugs next week.
And give Gail one from me too!

No probs hun...consider it done xx

:happy036:Yay well done on the 2lb loss... That is FANTASTIC
I am so pleased that you have turned the corner and are feeling alot better and long may it continue :D

xx

Thank you Michelle :). I am pretty happy and today I stuck to 15 syns. Progress :D

This week will hopefully be a good one. I have my sights firmly fixed on getting back to 12 stone (my lowest official weight since being on SW) and then back into the 11's (my lowest ever unofficial weight since starting). Yay.

However busy, busy so sorry again to those who's diaries I'm missing out on for now :(

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Gail! Well done on your fab loss this week - I think that's a real achievement given your struggle at the start of the week!

Hope you have a good week and keep those demons at bay! x

Well done on the loss, Gail - but even more well done on getting control back.
I'm trying to do that now too.
Like you - even if I go over syns a few times - counting them and being slightly over is far, far better than staying in the "sod it" mentality and not bothering to count!
That's what I'm aiming for this week.

And I'm relying on you to look after Dawn while she's "oop north" but make sure you send her back down here in one piece!

Well done Gail a 3lb loss when you weren't really focussed is just brilliant! Looks as though you are still leading the way for us all. :)

Well done Gail! 3lb off is a fantastic loss, especially as you haven't been fully on plan this week. It looks like the having 20 syns thing really works and looks like a great way to ease yourself back in after a holiday - I wish i'd tried it!

I'm sure this week will be even better and you'll be seeing the back of that last 2.5lb soon.

Well done again,

Becky x

Well done Gail! I'm sure you'll hit those goals in no time! :)

Hi Gail. That 3lbs off is so good and a big inroads into your temporary gain. Well done! You should give yourself a slap on the back. I'm struggling too at the mo, and I'm looking more and more at your approach and thinking how sensible it is, so thank you, I will take a leaf out of your book.

So cool to be having a little minimin meet up, bet you'll all have a fantastic time. What do you have planned?

Keep plugging away chica, you're doing fabulously. This blip will soon be a distant memory.

x

JimofTroy said:
And I'm relying on you to look after Dawn while she's "oop north" but make sure you send her back down here in one piece!

Awww!

I KNEW it!!!

You DO have a heart JoT lol!!! Xxxxx

Sorry I've not been around much. Only a short post to say that I'm doing ok so don't worry (before Jules comes after me with the scan bran........:eek: !)

20 syns today but I'm going to try and make that up during the week. Feeling good just busy :(

Hope everyone else's week is going ok. Will be reading others diaries when I snatch a moment but may not post much as I'm on my phone. Hope to resume normal service soon !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back