Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Thanks Bess - I like that attitude :)

Today - good so far. 2 syns only used and HexA and HexB left too. Not drunk enough water though so will try to rectify before I have my v late tea later.

Feeling good too so hopefully 3 good days out of 4 and no complacency. Off out now but will probably post again later (briefly because I won't be back til late). Pleased with myself though :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Glad it's gone well today, babe. :) :D

Hi Gail

Sorry not to get here since you got back from Florida - but been stuck in UK on a dongle that didn't really work

Sounds as though you've been having a tough time since you got back from hols but you do seem to have your "I can do it head" back on now.
And you know you can. Don't you?

So carry on taking one day at a time and they will become the norm again.

(((Hugs)))

Phew! :faint2:

That is good news Gail! :wee: Really really pleased that today went well :woohoo: Another day done and dusted...:fingerscrossed: for tomorrow xx

Woohoo! Another good day under your belt! Xx

How's today going hun? Another good one?

Hey hunni!! How are you doing? xx

We're all packed and I'm raring to go!!! Got a certain someone's postcode safely tucked away ready for the return journey!!! :woohoo: How excited am I?!!!!! :banana dancer:

Yaaaay. I'm so excited :D. Any idea what time you'll be here yet ?

This week has gone ok. 4 out of 5 days were acceptable which I'm pleased about although I haven't managed to get under 15 syns on any day, most were between 15 and 20. Most importantly I have been pretty much in control ie refusing some stuff and having a bit of what I fancy (but obviously not as much as I would have had without the plan). Today was ok. I have had about 19 syns but currently still wanting more - boo. I think I'm going to have another glass of water and then go to do my teeth asap ! Then to bed as I'm working this weekend. More booos !!

Hopefully I'll be ok over the weekend. The challenge is going to be Saturday evening - buffet after a concert that I'm playing in and Sunday evening a friend wants me to have a slice of Gu chocolate torte. I think I'm going to have to say no because I need to be in control of what syns I have. Hopefully she'll be ok about it.

Haven't managed to keep up with diaries this week (sorry to those that I haven't been to) but I will eventually so bear with me.

Gail x

Glad to hear things are better for you now and you have had a good few days :)

I am sure your friend will be ok with it because she is a friend as she will be supportive of you and what you are doing. I hope you have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the concert

Michelle x

4 out of 5 is good! As you say, in control and better than NOT being on plan.
Have a good concert - where are you playing at? And say hello to Skinnydawn for me and try not to stay up all night talking!

PS you never did tell me what instrument you play

Yaaaay. I'm so excited :D. Any idea what time you'll be here yet ?

This week has gone ok. 4 out of 5 days were acceptable which I'm pleased about although I haven't managed to get under 15 syns on any day, most were between 15 and 20. Most importantly I have been pretty much in control ie refusing some stuff and having a bit of what I fancy (but obviously not as much as I would have had without the plan). Today was ok. I have had about 19 syns but currently still wanting more - boo. I think I'm going to have another glass of water and then go to do my teeth asap ! Then to bed as I'm working this weekend. More booos !!

Hopefully I'll be ok over the weekend. The challenge is going to be Saturday evening - buffet after a concert that I'm playing in and Sunday evening a friend wants me to have a slice of Gu chocolate torte. I think I'm going to have to say no because I need to be in control of what syns I have. Hopefully she'll be ok about it.

Haven't managed to keep up with diaries this week (sorry to those that I haven't been to) but I will eventually so bear with me.

Gail x

Gwyn's been on the net looking at the route and we reckon on about 2 hrs to get to you. Normally, we don't get out of the cottage till 12 as we have to obviously clean it from top to bottom, but as we haven't got the dogs this year it shouldn't take so long, and I'm gonna be chomping at the bit to get off early for once :bliss: so...if we can leave by 11.30 we should be with you around 13.30, if we don't get lost!!! :rolleyes: The sat nav on my phone has a habit of losing the satellite right at the crucial moment :eek: Does that sort of time suit u & Jules hun? And PLEASE don't go to any trouble over lunch xxx :nono: It's all about the company Gail :hug99: not the food xxx

I think it sounds as though you're managing a lot better now :) and you have some good strategies xx. It almost seems like your confidence has taken a bit of a knock, but that it's improving with each good day you have. And you are having good days so try to relax a little and don't be too hard on yourself :patback:

Oh, and stop worrying about posting on other peoples diaries! Just write on yours for the moment, because you need to, and because we want to make sure you're ok xx. We totally understand how busy you are atm, so let us come to you instead xxx

Lots of love xxx

Fully agreed! Take care Gail and well done for getting back in control.

Today has not been quite so good but I had to go to a buffet and I know I'm rubbish at those. Rest of the day was fine (made baked bean Lasagne for the first time - thanks Shrimpy, it was yum :))

Since Monday I have only had Wednesday which was bad and today which was almost okish but not quite !!! The rest have been good - yay. Been over on my syns every day but within my own preset limits which is good. Aiming to get those down to the proper SW limits this week hopefully.

Am pretty certain I'll lose tomorrow but maybe not quite as much as it would have been but if so, it will come off next week :)

Working this weekend - boo. But seeing Dawn and Jules next week - Yay :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

The baked bean lasagne really is nice isn't it? It's a staple in our house. :)

Well done for taking control again. I'm really proud of you (if you know what I mean), it's really hard getting back on that wagon especially since you've lost so much and are now feeling so much better about yourself. :) Good Luck for weigh in and I hope work isn't too rotten. :)

Sounds like you're having more good days than bad which is brilliant! Buffets are a nightmare but think of all the ss in the baked bean lasagne - damage control!

Best of luck weighing in this morning :) x

Last edited:
Morning Gail xx

So all in all things arent looking too shabby are they? party0011

More good days than bad, syns a little over the sw limit but well within yr own targets, and generally more control over everything. What more could you want at this stage?
Ive really been thinking about this, and your personal situation Gail, and the more i think about it the more i reckon you've got it bang on. How many times do we see people come off plan for a holiday/Xmas/personal reasons etc. and then think they can just get straight on it again without any problems? And then they find its harder to do than they thought, get fed up struggling with it and then give up. I know I've done that several times and ended up gaining all the weight I'd lost, and more. Maybe if there'd been a 'post holiday' sw plan, which was more lenient with syns and hex's etc (just as you're doing now gail) it would've been easier to ease back in to things? Maybe it should be mentioned to sw?
Anyway, come Saturday you won't need it as Jules and I are coming to sort you out lol! And then you two are going to have to come to northampton and rescue me as I know im going to gain alot this week and im terrified i'll screw it all up again! :fear:
We're all very proud of the way you've handled things Gail, of your honesty, and for trusting us to try and help you xx

Don't work too hard hunni and chat later xx

Dawn xx

Back