Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Aw, nothing wrong with being follically challenged, apparently it is a sign of virility ;)

Exfoliate is to scrub off all the dead skin cells leaving you feeling as smooth as a nun's breast :D

I dare not even ask:eek:

Is this a first I wonder nun and Lewd Lou in the same sentence:8855:

PS I lost my virility a long time ago - or am I still getting this wrong? ;)

Gail, have you found out the sin value for cinnabons yet? - that could be the key!

Maximus said:
Gail, have you found out the sin value for cinnabons yet? - that could be the key!

sadly, Shrimpy pointed me to the calorie count of cinnabons several months ago - 44 syns for a large one and 16.5 for a small one - eeeek !

Thanks for your lovely comments all.

Dawn - I meant to keep it a secret as discussed with Gwynn but I was a bit rubbish there (although I hadn't said anything while I was plotting !!)

Having a reasonable week. The pre weekend gain came off today and I have had 3 good days in a row. So that's good. Feel fairly in control. Main challenges for this week are tomorrow (meeting at my house where people may bring snacks - I need to make sure they are at other end of table) and Wednesday (cake sale at work - home made cakes - my big weakness.....!).

I think I am trying to fit with Bess, Chels et al with the 'no snacking' (I think) with the twist being that if it's something I can't resist (ie home made cake) then I have it anyway. But much more likely to be in control that way and using some syns (but not too many) which is good. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I think I am trying to fit with Bess, Chels et al with the 'no snacking' (I think) with the twist being that if it's something I can't resist (ie home made cake) then I have it anyway. But much more likely to be in control that way and using some syns (but not too many) which is good. Fingers crossed.

I like that rule: No snacking - except cake!

Hi Gail,

Sorry I haven't popped by for a while. Sorry to hear you have struggled a tad over the past few weeks. I can fully sympathise with that because I have been the same. I especially understand what you mean about the biscuits. If I bring anything in I feel like I have a right to eat most the packet, whilst if others bring food in I won't take more than 2 biscuits. Weird how our brains work.

I'm glad you have had a few good days though, and your plan about having lower syns on a couple of days sounds sensible. Least that way you know you haven't sabotaged your chances of losing if you do have a day or two with higher syns.

You have come so far and you know that this eating plan works, so I hope you have some time to yourself (sounds like work is manic and probably not helping eating patterns) and are able to see a good loss this week.

Take care, Penny x

Gail I will make a pledge with you.

I promise not to eat, or even touch cake for the next 12 months - will you join me?

PS I hate cake and most sweet things, not much of a pledge then really....:8855:

NEVER :)

Thanks Penny. Yours is another diary I know I haven't caught up on. I want to go and read everything I've missed but I've missed so much that I'll just try and get on there and not catch up. Otherwise I'll never get there. Sorry.

Well if everything but cake is ok, I did fine tonight...........:eek:. Still feel like I'm doing ok though. Just tomorrows cake challenge to go and then the rest of the week should be ok ?!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Tiny slices of cake are okay, just do the whole, i just would like a taste, and follow it with, half of that please! ;)

But if "half of that please" is good - more is better!

(Says she who's just made a big batch of definitely-not-SW-friendly Millionnaires' shortbread)

Stood in the soaking rain all night! I thought it was a myth about rainy Manchester!

No sign of Gail and every passing woman I ask is giving me a wide berth!! Another couple of hours and I'm gone. I think I'll start asking them if they like cake.

That should make something happen:eek:

Stood in the soaking rain all night! I thought it was a myth about rainy Manchester!

No sign of Gail and every passing woman I ask is giving me a wide berth!! Another couple of hours and I'm gone. I think I'll start asking them if they like cake.

That should make something happen:eek:
I hate Manchester........well Fergie, Rooney et al anyway :mad:

Don't fret pet, you will soon be in the Florida sun.....I don't see any hurricanes on their way so all should be sweet ;) Have a wonderful time......and don't give us another thought stuck here :mad: xx

I won't:p

Eeh I'm not like that Lou. I wish I could take you all - I could have my villa and pool like Hugh Heffners with you lot providing the glamour:D

Maximus said:
I won't:p

Eeh I'm not like that Lou. I wish I could take you all - I could have my villa and pool like Hugh Heffners with you lot providing the glamour:D

LOL !!!! Sorry I missed you. Glad Manchester hasn't disappointed :)

Safe travels. Have a brilliant time.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

SO, have now been awake sice 5am uk time and now 5.17 - 24 hours. will go to sleep shortly as 17 after midnight here. I am aware of going to sleep too early and wake up in 4 hours as i would for work.

Floridamis hot hot hot, but wet wet wet! rained since landing and heavy at times. a $10 tip at the rental place saw me get a great upgrade. Got a nice Dodge Avenger at under $300 (200 quid) for 2 weeks.

Got wifi working and will start afresh after rest. Hope the rain disappears sharpish.

To summarise Florida is wetter than Manchester but hotter than Dawn in a basque. (well almost;)).

Due to the recent bad weather, there are severe salad shortages in the entire state:eek: - what a damn shame:p

S
x

Edit: Sorry Gail - posted on wrong diary again!

Can't go around reading a lady's diary - loose term (hi Dawn!) willbe accused off allsorts.

Last edited:
Hi Gail, sorry to hear that you have been struggling recently but I have every confidence that you will get back on track. You have always been a great inspiration to us all. Good luck with your next WI. x

Hello sweetie, hope all is good with you and that you are having a fab Friday. Have you any nice plans for the weekend........hope you don't have to work :mad:

xx

I read on Dawn's diary that you are feeling ill Gail, I do hope you feel much better soon. xx :hug99:

Hey Gail, just stopping by to say I hope this week is going well and you are doing okay!

Becky X

Hey sis,

Hope you're feeling a bit better today xxx

lots of love xxx :hug99:

Oh...and your partner in crime sends a big Gwynhug too :bighug:

Back