Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Good Morning Gail!! Just checking in as I've been a bit rubbish of late! Hope your weigh-in goes well but even if it does't you know exactly what to do so there would be no need to worry :)

Have a great week!

Ooops. Sorry for being a bit late. I had a weekend 'off plan' - oops. Actually, I really enjoyed it. It was lovely for once not to be worrying about what I ate or drank. Obviously it has had it's toll on my weight but I hope that will come off quite quickly once I'm back on plan. I still haven't completely decided whether it was worth it in view of my overall very slow losses at the moment but I think it was.

So, I gained 4.5 lb. Most of that was weekend weight as I was doing ok on Saturday and had lots of food on Sunday. So I'm not worried and am back on track now.

Am pretty hectically busy at the moment so probably won't be around all that much however I will try and keep track of peoples threads when I can and update here from time to time. Apologies though as I will miss you all :(. I will be back though eventually so don't worry :)

Gail x

Hi Gail,

Weekends off plan are fine if you enjoyed it sis!! ;)

You work long and hard all week hun and you really deserve to let your hair down on your days off :party0023:

I never worry about you if you gain as you always have a plan of attack, and you're always right back on it again! :worthy:

But just in case...:whip::whip::whip:

P.S....off to MK tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :wee::wee::wee::wee::wee:

Oooooh. How exciting :D

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks for your confidence in me. In this instance, I feel the same way !!!

Gail xxx

Hiya Gail

Lovely to hear you had such a nice weekend. You deffo work too hard!

Try and stick a post on here once a week if you can so we all know you are ok and haven't expired on us.

((( Hugs )))

gl12282 said:
Oooooh. How exciting :D

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks for your confidence in me. In this instance, I feel the same way !!!

Gail xxx

Of course I will!

Might even send you a pic...x

(Steve...I was talking to Gail, ok?)

Glad you enjoyed yourself at the weekend Gail and like others have said, I have no doubt you'll be back on plan and losing that weight in no time. It is a lifestyle change, not a strict diet, so it's good that you can have weekends where yuo relax and eat food off plan a bit, but then can go back and lose weight. Hope your week isnt as hectic as you fear x

I totally agree with Gail... I never worry when you have a gain as, not only does it usually mean that you have had a great time, but also because you get right back on plan and shift it again. You're totally in the zone, even when you're not. Does that make sense? It does to me! xx

Hi Gail, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend off (life is for living I say!) and think the 4.5lb gain is quite reasonable. You may remember I gained 9lb on a recent 1 night visit to Dublin lol, so I know how easy it is to gain weight in a short space of time.

I also know that it will be off in no time and if you enjoyed it then no harm done :)

Don't worry about not being around if you're busy but do check in here every once in a while so we know how you're doing? Best of luck for this week!

Becky X

hi gail i have to echo what everyone else is saying u will soon have it off again a lot of it will be a false weight, keep in touch xx
ps got to 1/2lb below my target tonight just got to keep it off this time :rolleyes:

Quick message because I have to go and do 'stuff' :(.

I went for a hypnotherapy session tonight - I thought I might as well try it and see whether it could help. I have nothing to lose. I think the man found me quite a challenge and I'm not sure that he knew what to do with me really (his words !). My goals (as described to him) were less around weight loss and more around managing my issues with food and control. He suggested that I do some more exercise (which although is a fair comment is a bit like saying to someone who needs to lose weight - 'you need to eat less of the wrong things' - it's not rocket science !!!!) however we also discussed some other stuff which might be helpful so I'll see how I get on. I feel a bit more focused on continuing to lose now as well (rather than just staying where I am and maintaining which I wasn't intending to do but was doing a bit anyway) and getting to my newly set goal. So, watch this space.

Anyway, I'm off to check Dawns thread and then may not be around much later but I am here (and on all your threads) in mind if not in body !!!!

Thanks for all your comments earlier. They are much appreciated.

Gail xx

This is interesting Gail, will it lead to the pretend gastric band thing or not? Do let us know if it makes any difference....xx :)

Quick message because I have to go and do 'stuff' :(.

I went for a hypnotherapy session tonight - I thought I might as well try it and see whether it could help. I have nothing to lose. I think the man found me quite a challenge and I'm not sure that he knew what to do with me really (his words !). My goals (as described to him) were less around weight loss and more around managing my issues with food and control. He suggested that I do some more exercise (which although is a fair comment is a bit like saying to someone who needs to lose weight - 'you need to eat less of the wrong things' - it's not rocket science !!!!) however we also discussed some other stuff which might be helpful so I'll see how I get on. I feel a bit more focused on continuing to lose now as well (rather than just staying where I am and maintaining which I wasn't intending to do but was doing a bit anyway) and getting to my newly set goal. So, watch this space.

Anyway, I'm off to check Dawns thread and then may not be around much later but I am here (and on all your threads) in mind if not in body !!!!

Thanks for all your comments earlier. They are much appreciated.

Gail xx

Hi sis xxx

Ooh well done on going ahead with your appointment! Fancy him saying he didn't know what to do with you lol!!! Shows how unique you are! :)

I'm still buzzing from my lovely afternoon...can't thank you enough Gail x. And you know I think part of this looking better in the new undies is actually due to feeling better...more confident, sexy even, so instead of hunching up and trying to be invisible I'm learning to hold my head up and say I'm as good as the next person. It's a real shame that being big makes us feel so unattractive and unworthy...weight can damage our minds so much.

So we're expecting great things from you now Gail!!!

And what we really want to know is...

Have the cinnabon cravings gone now lol!!! xxx

And you know I think part of this looking better in the new undies is actually due to feeling better...more confident, sexy even, so instead of hunching up and trying to be invisible I'm learning to hold my head up and say I'm as good as the next person. It's a real shame that being big makes us feel so unattractive and unworthy...weight can damage our minds so much.
Oh Dawn, the last bit is soooo true for so many of us who were/are overweight. Being serious for a mo, I think it is also partly to do with society as well. How many times I wonder do overweight people not get a job just because they don't fit the norm?

Re the first bit - you have every right to hold your head up. Because you look fantastic in your latest pictures and I bet the new pointy bras make you look even fantasticer (I know it isn't a real work but I like it anyway!). And you deffo ought to feel sexy because you look that too.

Well done chica.

Aww Bev, that's very kind of you to say that, thank you xxx.

It's funny but it only occurred to me recently about how my attitude to going out and socializing has changed. Like so many overweight people, I absolutely loathed having to leave the house, especially if it was for a night out.

The usual routine of searching my wardrobes in vain to find something nice to wear...only to end up in the same long black skirt and oversized jumper...

That awful realisation that yet again you are the fattest, frumpiest person in the room...

The feeling that everyone is watching you, especially if there's a meal involved, and that they're thinking the LAST thing you need is food...

And worst of all, and something I've never admitted to anyone before, the fear that Gwyn is looking at other slim women...and wishing he wasn't stuck with a big fat lump like me.

But since I've lost weight, just about all of these issues have disappeared. I actually enjoy having difficulty picking something to wear as I have so many lovely clothes to choose from! Even my bras fit lol! And I like going out now, including going for meals.

The only fly in the ointment is that I still have long standing insecurity issues with Gwyn, which I know are all in my head, but they're still there all the same. He's very reassuring and patient, would never hurt me and really loves me I know...but I think I'll always feel I'm just not quite good enough for him.

Oops...sorry for hijacking your thread Gail! Who'd have thought buying a few bras could make us so philosophical lol! All your fault sis! Xxx

Hi Gail, I'm very interested to hear about the hypnotherapy - a few of the ladies I work with have had great success with hypnotherapy to stop smoking and I definitely think it's worth a try!

Also well done on setting a target, I know how difficult it can be especially when you've lost a fair bit like we both have - it's hard to even imagine yourself at that weight but I do think it's good to have a goal.

Have a good day today :)

The only fly in the ointment is that I still have long standing insecurity issues with Gwyn, which I know are all in my head, but they're still there all the same. He's very reassuring and patient, would never hurt me and really loves me I know...but I think I'll always feel I'm just not quite good enough for him.

He's besotted with you, woman.
He can't believe his luck that someone like you would want to be with him.
Trust me. It's true.

(Damn. Is that me being N again? I'm going to have to do something about this!)

JimofTroy said:
He's besotted with you, woman.
He can't believe his luck that someone like you would want to be with him.
Trust me. It's true.

(Damn. Is that me being N again? I'm going to have to do something about this!)

Now I really AM getting worried!

Have I woken up in some sort of paradox world???

Back