Gained 3 lbs

Lisa2012

Weighed myself tuesday morning and was 17 stone 2 but tonight i was 17 stone 5 ... Wish i never weighed now as went into kitchen and ate a handful of cooked chicken.

Having peppermint tea now tryin to forget lol

Hi Lisa - So sorry to hear that - It's horrible when the scale does that to us. Was that your weekly weigh-in? Can you think of anything you did that might account for the gain? How would you feel about just weighing yourself once a week, at the same time. I think you'll always weigh less in the morning - imagine all that water you've drank during the day, and 600 cals worth of food. I've been told there's a difference of 3-5lbs between your morning and evening weight. So, you may have actually lost weight and not realised it. Honestly, weighing in just once a week is a great discipline - don'y be disheartened over the chicken - I'm sure it will be fine and not damage your result this week - just keep going, and you'll get there. Good Luck

Put the scales back in the cupboard and leave them there!!

Weight fluctuates all the time. Even if you ate and drank nothing all day you would weigh heavier in the evening than the morning.

Weigh once a week, in the same place and time.

I know jumping on and off the scales is tempting - but it is ultimately self defeating, as you have discovered! :D

Stay strong, and this will work - honest! :)

hi lisa, one slip on the way wont make any difference at all...and protein not really a slip! It does get easier and if a slip happens, so what part of your exante journey. Thats been my logic with it, I never expected it to be easy to loose weight so slips ... no problem juts getb ack on track and sure youll get there! Good luck

Put the scales back in the cupboard and leave them there!!

Weight fluctuates all the time. Even if you ate and drank nothing all day you would weigh heavier in the evening than the morning.

Weigh once a week, in the same place and time.

I know jumping on and off the scales is tempting - but it is ultimately self defeating, as you have discovered! :D

Stay strong, and this will work - honest! :)

^This exactly!! Weight fluctuates so much throughout the course of the day, it is best to weigh in at the same time, same day and same place each week using the same scale. I also wear the same extremely lightweight clothing :D LOL

You would have been full in the evening of water, shakes/bars etc, always weight in the morning as the others have said, and try to stick to once or twice a week x

aww hun, try not to let it get to you, easier said than done I know.

like everyone else has said, weigh in the mornings, ideally in the same clothes or ones of similar weight, or even in your undies! I know its tempting to nip onto the scales everytime you see them there, but try and stick to weighing just once or twice a week has trigos said, going on more often can sometimes do more harm than good and down our spirits when we see a little gain, and has you know it completely throws us off track, been there done it myself chick..... lets forget the little blip, keep smiling and think slim you can do it :) x

Back