Gained 3lbs this week! :(

couteaux

Silver Member
Hi All,

I've been back on the SW wagon for 3 weeks after being well and truly off plan for about 5 weeks. I was thrilled to lose 5.5 in the last 2 weeks to get myself back to where I was pre mad binge ;)

I've had a weird week, lots of events but rather than eating loads, I've not been able to eat enough. Had a few drinks, but made the best, most sensible options. (spritzer with soda rather than just wine etc) One night I had no dinner, so did have a sandwich (brown bread) and some crisps. But nothing like the gorging I was doing in the weeks before that.

So, I thought I'd maybe maintain or have 1lb off, or on. But 3lbs??? So upset. I'm going to be on plan and following to the letter this week, but really dissappointed. The most I gained while I was eating everything in reach was 3lbs. And I ate LOTS of the wrong things, so it just seems mad to have gained that same amount for nothing.

Any ideas? Do you think I can get it off again next week?

I think that sometimes the weight that goes on quickly comes off quickly when you are back 100% on plan.
It's scary how quickly it goes on and disappointing for you. Chin up, and good luck for next WI xx

The important thing is not to panic. A gain of that size must be down to water retention, and if you stick to the plan then you'll see it (and probably more come off next week.

Thank you both xx I'll be drinking lots of water and have taken a food diary to make sure I keep track of what I'm eating.

Grrr, those pesky lbs!

Judimac - love your new picture! :D

it seems there is no justice to this weight loss thing :( however i do believ that it takes two weeks to really see whats happeneing so hopefully a 100% week this week will bring it all back off again. xx

I am the same and sat through class listening to several people who had lost 2 or more say how they had been drinking or out for meals and ate loads they shouldnt have :-( I am getting all my recipe books out and going to try really hard for the next 2 weeks to get it off before Christmas. After that I am only going to have 2 days off plan (will not be gorging, just relaxed) over the holidays.

I am the same and sat through class listening to several people who had lost 2 or more say how they had been drinking or out for meals and ate loads they shouldn't have ).

When I was going to a class there were always loads of the younger ones saying the same thing, I used to take it with a pinch of salt to be honest cos listening to what they had drunk and eaten, no way would they loose that much. Literacy licence I think they call it lol.

Back