gained 8lbs in 4 days?

sheepy19

started ww 4 days ago, the day i started i weighed myself on my home scales. today i weighed myself on the boots weighing machine in-store. if both sets of scales are correct ive gained 8lbs in 4 days. wth is going on here?

would the fact that it was the end of the day and that i was fully dressed make the boots scales weigh me so much heavier?

The chances are both sets arent the same, have you weighed again on your own scales at the same time of day as you did initially.

Weighing fully dressed, later in the day, on a different set of scales can EASILY show a gain of 8lbs. You need to use one set and stick to them

I really wouldn't worry too much about it, there is probably a big difference in your scales and theirs!

Save yourself the panic next time, and just stay away from boots!! Lol x

You have to weigh yourself on the same scales, at the same time and in the same clothes each week to get a true pictures. Scales differ by as much as 4lb and you can put 3lb or more a day, so dont worry just get weighed at meeting each week then you will know for sure. Good luck xxx

i weigh every thursday in the same clothes,,i'd say my leader thinks i have nothing to wear lol

yes i know i weighed heavier when i weighed myself in boots[to find out my body fat % measured again] and they weigh different to my scales at home

unfortunately it wasn't just scales that were different my body fat % had increased from 31.5% to 34% in 6 and a half months and now hate myself for my failure
i guess clothing etc can make a difference

Woah, Stupid,

Please don't say things like that. You seem very down on yourself hun, and you have no reason to be. Just like the rest of us, you've made poor mistakes to do with your health, lifestyle and eating in the past. There is NOTHING any of us can do about those decision, other than forget them, stop beating ourselves up and move forward, towards our end goals.

You seem to think that you are less worthy than others, and that youre a bad person, and will never get anywhere with your weight loss!! I'm telling you now, you aren't, you're not and you will!! But you'll find all these things a lot harder if you continue dwelling on what you have or haven't done in the past.

I'm a great believer in change (I have to be in my job), and whether its just our sweet tooth, over-active appetite, or under-active body, it can be rectified. Please believe in yourself, we all do!!

You will find things so much easier if you just cut yourself some slack, and start to appreciate the good things about yourself. You're not stupid, and you're not a fat greedy pig, and you don't have to keep apologising to us, we're all here to help each other, and if it's you that has the questions or needs the support, it's you that we'll help.

Hugs

:)

Hi Sheepy, like others have said - stick to weighing at a certain time etc. During the day we can retain a fair amount of fluids especially if we have indulged in eating some sweet stuff like chocolate.
I always weigh first thing in the morning while still in my night wear.

Stupid, As has been said, you so are not a failure, we all have our blips and things don't go to plan now and again. You know the old saying - pick yourself up, brush yourself down and start all over again!!
Go to it girlie!

yummymummy75 made me laugh with her comment that her leader thinks she has nothing to wear......mine must think I only have one tracksuit!!!:D

My Leader must have thought I only had one pair of trousers, as I continued to wear them even when they were too big lol.

Sheepy, don't worry about it, all scales are calibrated differently and I can put on over 4lbs in the day just though drinking.

Stupid (Feels weird writing that when you seem so lovely lol) Having sweat on your hands, moisturiser, clean hands, someone elses sweat/moisturiser (eurgh) will have a HUGE affect on the results. I hate those body fat things in boots, they're so inaccurate. If you must use them, take wipes in with you, wipe the bars, wipe your hands and only use them when they're bone dry :)

I PUT ON 4LBS IN ONE DAY!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to me, eat Fajitas for tea, wash it down with a magherita (or 3!!), happy birthday to meeeee!!

haha.

It was my birthday yesterday - Weighed myself Wednesday morning before work, then had a sensible breakfast, lunch, steak fajitas and countless cocktails in the evening... Toast for breakfast, soup for lunch, weighed myself after work today - BANG! +4lbs...

Was bloody worth it though :p

Sheepy, I reckon it's just temporary. No two sets of scales are the same, my digital scales at home are about 5lbs lighter than the official WW ones at class, and also, strange as it sounds, if I put the scales in the tiled bathroom, it weighs me different to my carpetted bedroom!!

Stick to the result on one set of the scales, once a week. Don't worry about anything else :)

Don't forget, if you've got digital scales (especially glass ones), if they move on the floor they can give a totally inaccurate reading too!

My ones, on the same hardwood floor can read as much as 5/6lbs different depending on their placement, even 1cm shift can do damage!

Do you know what - on Boxing Day I got on the Wii Fit and it told me that I was 12st 6lbs. Two days later I got on my bathroom scales and they weighed me at 13st! Now I was fluey over Christmas and while I was eating something each day, I didn't have the appetite to stuff myself silly so I was quite put out by this.

My husband said his sister must have used our scales when she came round, because she queried whether they were right so maybe they are duff. I bloomin hope so, although I can't see how a manual set can go wrong.

Does anyone get the feeling scales are becoming our masters. I purchased WW scales last year and even if I weigh just before my officical WI, my scales and my leaders scales are never the same. I have now got it down to a difference of 3lb! Oh how I hate you scales and yet I love you when I start losing......:D

My home scales (various ones, not just one set) have in the past always weighed me at least half a stone lighter than both WW and SW scales. The cynic in me wonders if it's not deliberate to squeeze more money out of you while you lose the extra 7lbs.

I agree with pp, you need to weigh yourself no more than once a week, on the same scales at the same time of day and wearing the same, or similar, clothes (or nekkid!) or there will be too much variation to gauge your weight loss/ gain. I admit I weigh myself every morning but I don't expect my weight to come down every day, some days it goes up a lb or 2, you have to look at how your weight changes over a longer time period.

Those other scales are unlikely to weigh you the same as the ones at home and full outdoor winter clothing with boots could weigh several pounds.

Back