Extra Easy Gained in first week...help :(

star1

Hello,

I've been on slimming world for a week and I've gained 1.5 pounds. I've been really good (bar two meals) with my diet, been getting in HE, shperfrees, free foods, syns n plenty of fluid. Not sure how I've gained,

Is it normal to gain? Any idea why this would be? Must say Ive had plenty of cottage cheese n Bananas, could this be why?

I'd love if you could share your experiences, I've been feeling really demotivated and really struggled to remain on track after my weigh in. xx

I have heard of this before. Could be any number of reasons. Were you following a low calorie diet before you started? Is it that time of the month? Just how bad were the two meals you were not so good with? Did you eat all of your syns or just a few?

If you post your food diary for the week, that will give us an idea of what you've eaten and perhaps help us to give you some more constructive feedback.

Hope that helps :)

I gained 0.5lb in my first week. I think some of it was from the week before and the rest just my body getting used to the plan x

Hello,

TOTM finished on Monday and was trying to eat healthy the week before but didn't cut down in a lot of calories.

Below is what I had 3 days last week

Day 1 -

Breakfast - x2 weetabix, with banana and cup of tea
Lunch - chicken salad
Dinner - jacket potato, salad with cottage cheese
Syns - 96 cal wotsit crisps - 5 syns

Day 2 -

Breakfast - x2 weetabix, with banana, strawbs and cup of tea
Lunch - jacket potato, salad with cottage cheese
Dinner - vegetable pasta with salad
Syns - 96 cal wotsit crisps - 5 syn

Day 3

Breakfast - - x2 weetabix, with banana, strawbs and cup of tea
Lunch - salad with cottage cheese
Dinner - bachelor pasta with salad

Thanks in advance xx

Hello,

TOTM finished on Monday and was trying to eat healthy the week before but didn't cut down in a lot of calories.

Below is what I had 3 days last week

Day 1 -

Breakfast - x2 weetabix, with banana and cup of tea
Lunch - chicken salad
Dinner - jacket potato, salad with cottage cheese
Syns - 96 cal wotsit crisps - 5 syns

Day 2 -

Breakfast - x2 weetabix, with banana, strawbs and cup of tea
Lunch - jacket potato, salad with cottage cheese
Dinner - vegetable pasta with salad

Day 3

Breakfast - - x2 weetabix, with banana, strawbs and cup of tea
Lunch - salad with cottage cheese
Dinner - bachelor pasta with salad

Thanks in advance xx

Okay here are my thoughts

1. Not enough food - I'm not surprised you went off plan tbh, I would be starving and chewing my hand off lol. Have more free food, more superfree and more syns. Salad with cottage cheese is not a meal hun ;)
2. Not enough variety - theres lots of repetition so try and mix things up otherwise it will get very boring, very quickly. Different healthy extras and not so much reliance on jacket potatoes. There are so many free foods thats its a crime not to take advantage of them :)
3. Heatlhy extra A - are you using your allowance in one mug of tea?

1. Not enough food - I'm not surprised you went off plan tbh, I would be starving and chewing my hand off lol. Have more free food, more superfree and more syns. Salad with cottage cheese is not a meal hun ;)
2. Not enough variety - theres lots of repetition so try and mix things up otherwise it will get very boring, very quickly. Different healthy extras and not so much reliance on jacket potatoes. There are so many free foods thats its a crime not to take advantage of them :)

I agree you are hardly eating anything .. Add some more berries to your breakfast and bulk out every other meal too x

This is exactly what happened to me first week too! No idea why, but it was so dispiriting. All I can say is the same as everyone else - maybe you're not eating enough? I know I was starving all of my first week and put a pound on. Someone at my group suggested that it's the body's way of coping with hunger. Who knows? Stick at it though and it will come off!

Try replacing your banana to something else in the morning. I know a few weeks ago our consultant said that bananas aren't that great for weight loss.

You definitely need to eat more free foods too. Try making some recipes from the SW website or from this forum, a vareity of meals always help.

I can only echo what others are saying definitely not eating enough, and unless you are close to your target weight I would be having more than 5 syns per day, this is what I am having today:

Breakfast - 1 banana, 1 pear, FF greek yoghurt
Dinner - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 1/2 pack of tofu roasted in Frylight, 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (3 syns), POMbears (5 syns), mullerlight yoghurt
Tea - jacket potato, beans, mixed veg
HEB1 - 2 Alpen light bars
HEA1 - 350mls skimmed milk
HEA1 - 40g LF cheddar
2 finger kitkat 5.5 syns
total syns - 13.5

Probably not the best day to show you as Ive just realised its a green day and I normally do EE. But you can get the idea from the menu that I actually eat quite a lot LOL!

Also I know several people (including me) that have moved from WW to SW and first week either STS or gained, so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment as I am sure you 2nd weigh in will be a different story.

Good luck.

i think when you first start and you get the whole option of free food you thing if i eat loads of that i will gain, you have to trust that you can have your alloted amount of syns and healthy extras and lose weight xxx when i start i always eat loads more than i usually do. maybe this week try eat lots of super free and have your alloted amount of syns too, but try stay away from the takeaways allow yourself one a week i do xx

Sorry but I totally agree too and definitely not enough syns there. If you're just starting out try all 15, 10 at the minimum. Otherwise as you go along you will have nothing to cut back to. I couldn't get by on 3 meals a day and I tend to have the mid morning munchies so have fruit and mid afternoon munchies is usually sorted with a mullerlight yogurt. Cutting back on portions and syns is a common misconception with newbies and it really doesn't work, in fact it has the opposite effect. So please eat more for the full benefits.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks all for your replies. I'm certainly going to eat more. Plan is to lose 3 stones, hope I can do it ?

Can someone check if bachelors pasta and sauce pasta is free and also the low fat super noodles?

Also, can someone put link to the SW recipes from this sit on here?

Once again thank you all xx

Thanks all for your replies. I'm certainly going to eat more. Plan is to lose 3 stones, hope I can do it ?

Can someone check if bachelors pasta and sauce pasta is free and also the low fat super noodles?

Also, can someone put link to the SW recipes from this sit on here?

once again thank you all xx

I was surprised how much I eat on this plan. I had 106/ 105 of my syns the first week and lost 2.5lbs.

Some things I noticed- are you weighing and measuring? Is your cottage cheese a fat free/ low fat one?

Good luck!

Back