Green Days Gaining weight

Crunchy

Can people tell me how you don't gain weight on SW eating carbs. I'm vegetarian and my diet is naturally carb heavy BUT it just makes me gain like 2lbs in 3 days gaining. I really want a diet to work but I can't afford to gain weight on it for my health. How can unlimited carbs keep you slim? I know about 1/3rd super free, I did that. I just wonder if the diet is for me but I HATE WW even though I'm losing on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Stop weighing so often and just because you're vegetarian it doesn't mean you have to eat loads of pasta and potatoes. Check out the free food lists as there's loads of things you can have. And make sure you are drinking enough water too as its far more likely to be fluid retention :)

I very rarely eat fish and don't eat meat, so I only do the Green plan. As you can see from my stats, Green works! I eat plenty of pasta, rice, potatoes... but enough to satisfy my appetite and not so much that I'm stuffed to the gills.

Loads of us only do Green days and it works :) How about trying sweet potato in place of potatoes, brown rice instead of white rice and wholewheat pasta in place of regular? Those things seem to fill you up a bit quicker too

I only do green and although I eat a lot of potato its rare for me to eat pasta. When I do its wholemeal so fills you up on less and doesn't cause bloating. I also only have whole grain rice. I don't eat meat or fish. I supplement a lot with pulses like chickpeas and kidney beans which along with the 1/3 superfree are very filling so carbs are naturally limited.

My sister is a veggie and I would cook meals for us occasionally - she also has disgestion issues so I tend to use lots of lentils, beans, pulses, grains like quinoa/bulghar wheat and veggies like butternut squash and celeriac to bulk up the meals instead of potatoes/pasta/rice so she's a bit more comfortable after the meal.

I always think looking up veggie recipes is a good starting point and then changing them to make them SW friendly, helps you think outside the box and try new things! xx

I do mainly green days and it's worked for me but most of my plates usually are filled with veg rather than the carby stuff. You could try things like carrot & swede mash instead of potatoes on things like cottage pie, or mashed butternut squash, you could also try cauliflower rice with curries, or stir fries with just veg and no noodles. You don't have to eat loads of carbs if you don't want to, you could also trying mixing up your HEB's instead of bread or cereals try tinned or dried fruit or seeds.
I also Veggie red days as well when I want to give myself a push, quorn/soy protein and tofu are free on red days.
Like stated previously I wouldn't weigh yourself during the week our bodies fluctuate so much from day to day or even hour to hour. Stick to the plan, drink plenty of fluids and enjoy it, try new recipes. Good luck x

Hi

I also only do green days as im also a veggie. I find that if you stock up on your HEX B's and then max out on fruit and veg its not so bad. I haven't been doing it long but I already feel a lot better and can feel a difference. haven't re weighed myself yet as I don't want to get fixated on that as there are so many variables that can affect your weight over the week its worth just doing once a week. If I do pasta or have a potato then I keep that as a small portion and load it with other frees and super frees like spinach, beetroot, sweet corn etc. That seems to fill me up but also means I don't feel so bad about the carbs.

Good luck with SW. I'm sure that you will do great xxx :grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Like everyone else I'm a veggie and I follow the green plan. I eat so many carbs for lunch and dinner, and I have BIG dinners as I have a big appetite, but I still lose weight come the end of the week, don't go by the scales mid week as that can put you off. It's just hard to believe you can eat so much and still lose weight :)

Thanks for the support and all the ideas. I'm going to keep going even if this week I haven't lost, I'll get the hang of it over time, finding out what works for my body. You guys are great xx

I loose in green. .I loose even better when I do 1/3 Superfree or more!

It works just give it a weeks try!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I lose on about 50% green days, 50% fishy days. I still aim for 1/3 superfree. Carbs aren't the devil, and you can lose while eating a sensible amount of them! Obviously you've found carbs make you gain in the past, but if you focus on lots of superfree, keep having plenty of veggie proteins (eggs, pulses, tofu, quorn etc), and don't eat beyond being full, you might be surprised.

Personally, I realised after joining SW that it wasn't so much the pasta that was making me fat as the massive amounts of cheese and cream I ate it with! :rolleyes:

Oh and also I have PCOS so am advised not to eat too many refined carbs in order to lose weight more easily - I do stick to brown rice and pasta and such about half the time, but don't worry about it too much.

Also if you've come straight from Weightwatchers to Slimming World you may put on weight initially until your body settles in to it. Most people who have big losses at the start have gone straight from unhealthy eating to Slimming World

Yes I ate so little on WW, it's great to not be hungry.

I found I lost much better on green than EE, BUT I limit my carbs. Most SW recipes for pasta or rice use 300g for 4 servings. Those meals do me 6 servings. If amounts aren't specified or I'm cooking it separately, I use 50g per serving. My OH is slim and it's plenty for him as well. I always have loads of veg on my plate. My consultant totally disagrees with me and says you should eat until you feel full, but I'm not very good at that, and never leave any food on my plate.

Back