Gall Stones

Youcandoit!

Hi

I have been on Cambridge for a few months and through sole source have lost 4 stone. At the beginning of Nov this was all halted as I was rushed to hospital with gall stones and had my gall bladder removed.
Although none of the medics categorically stated that me being on a VLCD was the cause they did hint, and my GP who was originally supportive is now against be going back on it.
It is the only diet that has ever worked for me and I don't know what to do. the pounds are creeping back on as i am feeling down about it all.
Can't go back on it for 3 months after surgery and need GP support.......just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences or advice.
The stupid thing is my GPhas been telling me for ages to lose weight now i do i
have surgery and when i now ask for his help with my weight loss he just tells me to eat a balanced diet.....I wouldn't be this fat if I could do that would I???!!!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated sorry for rambling!!

Amy x

Hiya there,

I was following a low fat eating plan for a two years or so and following an attack I also had to have my gall bladder out. Apparently its quite common on certain diets just not VLCD's.

The cd seems to be the only one that works for me so I can appreciate how you feel now your doctor no longer seems to support you. Could you go on the SS+ that involves the addition of a small meal as you may not need your doctors signature?? (not sure you will need to check this out with your CDC)

Good luck in whatever you decide!
x

heya i too had my gallbladder out waaay waaay befor i ever started cd. i dont see what your doctor's problem is he/she is a ejit if u ask me.

could you visit another doctor? its ur life hun and i would not let a doctor stand in my way :)

ps you have done brill so far :) xx

Hi

A couple of years back, someone in my old weight watchers class who lost five stone had to have her gall bladder removed - she was told it was because she had lost a lot of weight so quickly - so its not specifically CD related - just a side effect of weightloss.

Back