Gamey's exante diary

Day 12

Stayed the same this morning. That's fine as I didn't put weight on. 4th day and stayed on plan. Porridge, cookies and cream bar and just had a bolognese pot. Although truthful I wanted that bacon roll I smelt just before lunch when I was doing some shopping and resisted buying the sausages.

I got a new problem now as I'm going out for lunch Saturday. So I might either take a bar or I might enjoy myself unsure yet. Depends on my overall weight loss on Saturday morning on weighing day. I can't really eat before the lunch as I got a list of things to do as long as my arm, all out unfortunately. I guess it depends if my end goal is greater than this meal.

Day 13

2lbs off. Woot! Half way through my next stone. 1 more day to get through to official weigh in though. But I smashed today.

Breakfast at uni was a mint chocolate chip cookie.
Lunch was a double chocolate bar
Dinner was a chocolate chip cookie.

That is a lot of chocolate I know, but I really don't mind as I have a sweet tooth. Only problem was since I saw a Chinese shop and my brain decided it was dinner time it was battling a habit of wanting a takeaway again. Living in a city has it perks but seriously lead me to this weight to begin with.

Day 13

2lbs off. Woot! Half way through my next stone. 1 more day to get through to official weigh in though. But I smashed today.

Breakfast at uni was a mint chocolate chip cookie.
Lunch was a double chocolate bar
Dinner was a chocolate chip cookie.

That is a lot of chocolate I know, but I really don't mind as I have a sweet tooth. Only problem was since I saw a Chinese shop and my brain decided it was dinner time it was battling a habit of wanting a takeaway again. Living in a city has it perks but seriously lead me to this weight to begin with.
Sometimes theres a benefit to living in the countryside - no takeaways near me at all, and none deliver either. 2lb off is fantastic - well done! xx

Sometimes theres a benefit to living in the countryside - no takeaways near me at all, and none deliver either. 2lb off is fantastic - well done! xx
That's why I like going to my parents as they are literally in the middle of no where!

Day 14

Not to bad. Had a 2lb weight loss this morning, so that was good. Overall it went well. I had my porridge ready after I had taken my daughter to school, I make it prior to the school run. Since I had a 4 hour lecture today I ate my chocolate caramel bar at midday whilst learning something, I've already forgotten. Just had my bolognese pot tonight as it had a hole in it so thought I should eat it. So far 6 days straight.

Proper weigh in tomorrow, so hoping I don't gain weight overnight. Another pound off wouldn't hurt, but tbf I've lost a lot this week also so wouldn't be to bad at my current weight.

Went to post my parcel today and there was a queue. At my weight standing on my feet for a long period of time is dreadful, but I did manage it without to much pain as there was a hold up when it came to the person in front of me. So that felt good. Tomorrow will be a challenge as I'll be doing more walking than normal so not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but we'll see. Also still not decided on the food front as we literally have a choice of everything so I'll let you know if I can resist temptation tomorrow.

Day 15

1lb off so officially 20lbs down or 1st 6lbs in two weeks. I will admit I did eat my daughter's chocolate reindeer last night and took me to under 1200 calories so all good.

But day 15..... well I went back to my old self. Skipped breakfast. Dr pepper and revels at the since, tons at wagamama. Then binged the whole evening. I did put everything in my app this morning and I mean everything and want to know how many calories I consumed. 6000!!! No wonder I'm big. But my god was it a lesson learnt. I feel like crap today. Not doing that again soon.

On another note I did make an Instagram account as people on Facebook wanted a more detailed version of my weight loss. So guess I'm doing that now

1lb is a loss so still to be celebrated. It is so easy to slip back to our old ways. The new journey is all about learning to eat healthily for the rest of our lives. It is a learning curve at the beginning as we are laying down new pathways. Takes a while for the new routine to become second nature do there will be humps along the way. I personally am not doing calorie counting but I do slimming world. I know I made some fundamental errors in the beginning of my journey. but I eventually ironed them out. For me it is all about planning what I am eating otherwise I grab whatever. But having a plan in place of my menu for a few days works well for me. So my diet has change radically , plenty of veg, fruit, and lean proteins. Then we work in syns in slimming world I have enough for treats of an evening which are important to me.

1lb is a loss so still to be celebrated. It is so easy to slip back to our old ways. The new journey is all about learning to eat healthily for the rest of our lives. It is a learning curve at the beginning as we are laying down new pathways.

Agreed. I didn't do it due to only loosing a pound but I went out to the cinema and saw a friend for lunch, so knew I was going to struggle

Day 16

3lbs on, not surprised but I got a week to go. Went better today though. I felt like rubbish so have learnt not to binge eat again. I did only have two products today breakfast and lunch, but a lot of water. Then i had steak and veg for dinner which was delicious. Then pudding so slightly over 1200 calories at 1338 but I'm overall happy with. Going back to the old school 600calories and 3 products now as it works better for me but I really didn't want to miss out on my steak.

Hey Gamey, some great advice here about relearning habits. I am doing old school 600 because it's very clear cut. Last time I did a VLCD, I thought i'd cracked it because I lost weight and stuck to it - turns out it's easy to stick to the 600 plan once you're stuck in because it's so clear cut. My focus this time round is coming out the other side. xx

Day 17

1lb off. Doing an early post as I know I'll feel hungry later. So today was suppose to be my exam, but my daughter was sick, turns out she was fine, so annoyed about that but not a lot I could do about it. I made a chocolate mint shake for breakfast. Not sure if I like it yet, but I have another to try. As for lunch I had a chocolate caramel bar. I prefer bars and cookies so might just stick with them. So downfall. Dinner. It wasn't bad as I was only 50 calories over the 800 plan so I'm happy with that. But my daughter literally wasted a whole 6ince spicy subway and I wasn't going to let that go to waste. So although I'm beating myself up over it as I was looking forward to my creamy thai pot, it really isn't the end of the world. Plus I can have it tomorrow.

4 days to go, hope I can get those 4 days on the 600 plan.

It’s so hard with leftover food isn’t it? I realised that a lot of extra calories sneak in around children’s tea time - clearing up their uneaten food. I’m using it as a learning curve - reducing portion size. Giving them the same meal two nights in a row. Making my husband the same food so I’m only cooking once is the next challenge - I hope he likes pasta pesto 3 x a week! 😂😂
Well done on still being just over. xx

Yes it Is. My daughter has ARFID so will only eat certain food so I feel I'm forever wasting it. But since her food is high calories I have to watch what she eats also so its a never ending battle.

Day 18

Day went to plan. Woot! I stayed the same weight wise. Really don't know why I weigh daily but it's a habit now so might as well stick to it. I'm not disappointed as I know my body is doing what it needs with all this yoyoing back and forth. Breakfast was a chocolate porridge, as I let this thicken whilst I do the school run. Peanut butter bar for lunch. I have one more of these and I'm not a fan and I finally got my creamy thai tonight. I so hate the fish and chip shop going past to collect my daughter from school in the evening though as I crave fish and chips every weeknight now. But my will was strong today and ate as soon as I got home which works for me until bed.

Day 19

Back to 33st 4lbs. Woot. So all damage gone. Now 2 more days until Saturday so fx for a loss. Stuck to plan so that helps. Had the flapjack for breakfast and the indian dalh pot for lunch, which is amazing so need to order more. I'm slowly getting use to what I like. Dinner was a chocolate fudge bar, but not so keen. So diet going well.

I got a fit bit and started doing exercise. By exercise I literally mean a 5 minute workout and that more or less finished me off and that was just walking! But I've been so inactive I need to get moving.

As for school. My daughter's has an insane amount of covid cases so she's being tested tomorrow before school. Breakfast club is now cancelled, afterschool club us hanging on by a thread and 50% of my daughter's class is off.... if she escapes it i honestly have no idea how. But with all this going on its hit and miss I'll make my exams after the school run. So we'll see what happens. Also she has mole that needs checking out so the joys of me trying to get her a doctors appointment. It's probably nothing but they say to check it out.

Day 20

2lbs off woot. I might get into the next stone bracket by the weekend. As for today I had a cookie for breakfast then as I wasn't hungry for lunch I had the cherry and berries shake and that is lovely including the colour. Will be ordering more. Dinner another creamy thai pot. So 600 calories done. Weekend coming up, done a food shop so got Erika's food coming tomorrow. I can do this

Day 21

Lost another pound. Weigh in tomorrow though so I think it should be some kind of loss overall maybe in the new bracket but if not I only have myself to blame. Breakfast was a peanut butter bar, mint chocolate chip cookie for lunch and a bolognese pot for dinner. Did my 5 minutes of exercise but my legs are yelling at me. I might need to rest for a day.

Well done @Gamy really hope you see the new stone bracket. Any exercise you do is better than none. At the beginning of my journey I was virtually bed bound. Now on a good day I can walk for a short distance. I never dreamt I would be able to do this with weight loss and a course of physio which gave me mainly pilate exercises which are gentle. I hope your able to improve over time your exercise regime.

Back