Gammon Steak!!!!

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
I am so confused about this!! I was going to have gammon steak tonight but I spoke to my leader re which ones to buy. I had the gammon rounds from Asda and Tesco in my hand and apparantly they are not free food! It is the funny shaped ones but theres looks like loads of fat through them!!! Please help!!! Anyone else know?? xXx

Its the gammon that looks just like chunky bacon that is free as long as you cut off the fat, the gammon rounds arent free as they are reformed and contain extra things. hope this helps hun xxxx

I always think they look really fatty even through the middle of them. I am going to Tesco tonight so will have a wee look then. Hoping that I can get some as that what I fancy for dinner tonight :)
Would it be these ones
gammon_steaks.jpg

I will cut off the fat at the top but is it not fat that is through it aswell. If I was to cut off all that then i would have nothing left :(

The food optimising book doesn't distinguish between different-shaped cuts of gammon - it just says that it's free, as long as you cut the fat off.

Some of that fat will cook out anyway, and you can cut the rest off while you are eating it - it will come apart quite easily when cooked.

oooh.... thats what I had for dinner tonight and it was fab!! I agree with Regfield, when it is cooked, you can easily cut away the fatty bits
I am so loving this diet!

Thanks so much. I bought ones in tesco tonight that looked like there was no fat on them. They actually looked like bacon lol xx

oooh.... thats what I had for dinner tonight and it was fab!! I agree with Regfield, when it is cooked, you can easily cut away the fatty bits
I am so loving this diet!

They are yummy. I did them with mustard poweder and seasoning. Diet is fab :D:D:D How long you been doing slimming world debbie? x

Hi everyone, new on here can you please tell me where I can find the SW forum, I'd love to be friends and can share lots x

These boards are so friendly. I add and reply to threads and can make friends that way. I am not on the forum ..... sounds fab :D
If you find out, let me know. You can add me as a friend x

Gammon steaks from Aldi are really good. They're big and quite cheap...as good as you get from the butchers

yum yum...love gammon with sw chips

I've had a look on the syns online and they vary depending on which ones you have.

Again gammon joints vary depending on which ones you have.

Oops... I had the reformed Gammon pieces last week thinking they were free! They were not a patch on the gammon I've had before (like in the photo on here) so I would not have had them again anyway lol!

Becca - all lean meat is free on ee. It's only synned if it's high-fat or if you eat the fat/skin. So extra lean minced beef is free, while regular beef mince isn't.

Gammon is free on ee - as long as you cut the fat off. It only has syns on the online listings, as far as I can see, if you eat it at a restaurant (where they might cook it with oil and won't cut off the fat) or if it's a pre-prepared ready to cook one with a glaze or sauce. (Or, for some reason, if it's Asda's smartprice gammon - which is 1 syn for a 250g steak).

yep just checked this up AFTER eating one, but the Asda smart price unsmoked/smoked gammon rounds 250g are 1 syn each.
Not too bad, thought I had made a huge boob there.
They are £1 for 2, so being as poor as me, that'll do nicely. lol

Back