Gamy's weight loss and TTC/pregnant diary

Hi Gamy, I've just read through your blog from the start. I am really sorry to hear about everything you have gone through, you are an inspiration as you don't give up.

I love Slimming World, I went to the group in 2012 and lost 5 1/2 stone in 6 months (I've put all the weight back on in the past year). I am sure you will do well at Slimming World this time, you will have your ups and downs but as long as you get back on track things will work out. I have a friend who did SW while pregnant, she really enjoyed it and managed to stay the same weight throughout her pregnancy. xx

Grrrr. I hate the type of morning sickness I get. If I don't eat I feel sick, so I eat then 30minutes-1hour later I feel sick again and need to eat to make the feeling go away. I hate first trimester so much. Next week going to be far more prepare with veggie sticks in the fridge as I've already eaten all my crab sticks :(

I love life. I really do. I've had some really bad stomach cramps lately so I went to the doctor. Seems I have a UTI so taking antibiotics for that and got an early scan tomorrow due to history possibly repeating itself. Only positive is no blood. I really need to catch a break at some point >.<

My scan went well and there was a little baby with a heart beat. My daughter did amazing waiting and I was very proud of her, despite the fuss at the end but since she's only 14 months and over an hour of waiting she did well. However, I've hurt my leg. I just sat down and when I got up it hurt, but not like a leg cramp if that makes sense. But life carried on so ran around doing all the appointments I had to. So not sure what I've done to it, so not taking any drastic action like seeing a GP yet unless it gets worse, but hopefully it will be gone after the weekend. So I didn't make weigh in last night as I just wanted to rest my poor leg. It feels a bit better this morning, but not completely gone, but again have another busy day ahead so I'll see how my leg holds out as I have nothing else planned.

I am glad your scan went well and you're baby is doing good. UTIs aren't fun, hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear about your leg, maybe the baby is putting pressure on your sciatic nerve? xx

MY car broke again. I have some serious bad luck. Hopefully it shall be fixed tomorrow. Then maybe I can focus on dieting.

Oh hun this run of bad luck WILL pass, it really will!

Why not do something nice for yourself, not connected with food - go to the coast and let some of that healthy sea air blow around your face xxx

I did that lady, today in fact. I was over in Weston-Super-Mare again and enjoyed a stroll along the sea front, until baby decided there was to much rain for her to enjoy it from her totally sheltered pram, but found the tiniest hole to keep poking her hands out so got wet and cold. Wasn't all bad though. Was horrible on and off rain though so hopefully that's the last of it. I've been doing more walking lately, seems slower than normal right now, but I think that's normal as I felt like that when I was pregnant with Erika and go so out of breath on my son's hacks. Even more so now I've put on weight! But going to make it a mission to do a walk daily even if some days its just round the block. I've been looking into doing some walks around forests. I found forest walks far more interesting than normal walking as a kid so might see if that motivates me. Although not 100% sure how to manage that if its not pushchair friendly as Erika still refuses to walk, have to research more I think.

I missed slimming world last week as I spent it down the children's hospital as my daughters social worker thought I'd been abusing her. It was a mark where the elastic on the nappy rubbed. Not to say we waiting down there 2 hours to been seen. It was completely over the top. I'm still annoyed about that now and this happened on Thursday! The reason they are involved as my ex took her to the hospital as she was bleeding from her mouth and then apparently we had been abusing her. I wasn't even at home when all this happened as I took my son horse riding. Anyway long story short, the court found us not guilty and she was suppose to return home a week after the event. It took until April 21st for this to happen. We don't have to work with social services, but we choose to as the court over rides all this. I feel like I was being penalised for doing everything they want and I know some people don't even let them in when they show up, don't do anything with their kids etc. So why they are taking it out on me I have no idea, but I've decided not to stand for any more of their bs to be honest. They are making me go to a crap parenting course which doesn't even teach you how to parent so in my opinion a complete waste of time, also the other mums don't like my parenting as after 8 years of having an autistic son you grow a thick skin from stares and comments. So if my son wants to throws himself on the floor in the middle of Sainsbury's for example as he's having a meltdown to not being allowed to have rolo and smarties cookies then I'll just watch him have his fit as there isn't anything you can do to calm him down unless you buy him both, which isn't really something I want to encourage. I guess the other mums aren't at that place yet, I know at least 2 on the course have anxiety issues, which I know will be hard to overcome.

Sorry for my rant today. Just slightly annoyed by the whole system. On the plus side I almost stuck completely to the plan diet wise yesterday, which was the first day in a while, so I'm hoping today I can do it for the whole day.

Oh Gamy what a thing to go through, that sounds bonkers!

Anyway I'm glad it's behind you and you can concentrate on you for a change, hopefully - and well done on the food front, not sure i would have coped the same.

Back