Gamy's weight loss and TTC/pregnant diary

I love my slow cooker - and it's so easy, i don't even brown the meat or chicken, I just bosh it in with veg and stock and then it's ready in the evening when I come home. I don't use salt and find you need to add quite a lot of seasoning because it seems to 'cook' away :). Also a good way to do veg casseroles.

I've yet to try making yogurt in mine but it's supposed to be lovely :).

I've had a terrible weekend. I seem quite defeated. Going to do some exercise this evening when Erika goes to bed, as well as walking around the shopping Mall today. Martin (OH) is going to take her to ballet and we're going shopping in the center afterwards. Doesn't stop me browsing for half an hour before hand right. Get some extra exercise in.

Oh Gamy so sorry you didn't have a great weekend - what about trying the Leslie Sansone 'challenge' with Chezzie and I? It's in house walking and I can do it in my tiny kitchen. You get them free on YouTube and they range from 1 mile up - takes about 20 minutes I guess - but oh you feel great after! And if I can do them with bung knees, then anyone can xxx

gammy join me and susie you can walk till your hearts content for 1 mile start of slow doing it at first if you need to thats why i love her x

I might try that today. I'm up early so can get them in now. I'm slightly annoyed my period is here again after just a 14 day break, so might go on birth control to regulate my cycles as this isn't helping my TTC. However it has made more determined to loose weight as I suspect that will also help regulate them, even though they where normal before my miscarriage. I love find positives out of negative situations.

i agree with the bith pill love could help for a bit so help you get regular plus like you said the weight loss will help loads x x

How are you doing today? Hope you're still seeing the positives! xxx

I did some exercise yesterday. Only 10 minutes though of dance mat. I'm having issues with my body so I'm feeling a bit deflated. I guess getting older is taking its toll on me and my body just seems to be falling apart. I will however be making some meal plan for the month and making weekly shopping lists for the week. Hopefully this will help. On the plus side I get some firemen coming today to fit some stair gates. All exciting stuff.

Well, how were the firemen? :)

And well done for doing a bit of exercise, there's no point in hurting yourself to do it xxx

He wasn't bad :) I've been so busy since it was Erika's birthday. I'm still pissed off with my BIL and his family. They were moaning that they wanted to see Erika for her birthday. So we decided fine, but we had something on in the morning so couldn't make until the afternoon. So we went out and got a cake which I wasn't going to bother with as they don't really understand and I think its more for the family, but she did get toys, I'm not that mean. So when we arrived around his dads, his brother was at football (fair enough) but his wife and kids were shopping for holiday clothes. I was mad. I went out of my way to go and see them, so they went shopping. Its not like they are going on holiday this week, they are going in a couple of weeks so could of gone this weekend or she could of gone by herself when the kids were at school. So we had this huge cake for ourselves. Luckily we popped in to see my family on the way home and my uncles and cousin just happened to be visiting so saved some damage limitation but it sure is annoying. Not only that my son will be 8 in less than a month and he does want cake (and a malteser Easter egg). Mother's Day wasn't so bad. I was ill so stayed in bed most of it. OH did most of the childcare. So I guess that's good.

I've also come to peace with my body and decided I don't actually want another child. Strange as the last 3 months, that's all I've wanted. But now I want a future with a job which involves traveling or living aboard (so I need a nice body for that). I just going to try my hardest to achieve my own dreams, regardless of it maybe be.

I went out of my way to go and see them, so they went shopping .

Oh that is really pants, isn't it - especially when they made a fuss about it! But at least you got a nice time with your own family. What did your OH think of his brother? Was he annoyed too?

I've also come to peace with my body and decided I don't actually want another child. Strange as the last 3 months, that's all I've wanted. But now I want a future with a job which involves traveling or living aboard (so I need a nice body for that). I just going to try my hardest to achieve my own dreams, regardless of it maybe be.

That is really wonderful to hear, Gamy - you are moving on and have a great aim in mind - living abroad, eh? Whereabouts??? :)

Speaking from experience, it is the most empowering and fabulous thing to make your dreams come true xxxx

I find I stop posting when things happen and go off track diet wise. Maybe this is bad? Reason for lack of posting is I had a 12 day cycle and after a 14 day cycle just trying to get my head around it. Although I'm now not trying to get pregnant I would still like normal, or non existent cycles rather than short! Going to the doctor Tuesday though. Also I had the genetic results back from my miscarriage and basically everything was fine. The only issue was Daniel's amniotic fluid got the infection causing the miscarriage. Thankfully I'll be getting extra scans in my next pregnancy and if my cervix is starting to go they'll put a stitch in me.

I don't know Susie. I love traveling and if I had the money I'd do a trip around the world. I find it so interesting to experience different cultures. It amazes me how alike and yet different traditions in Europe are and we're only across a small bit of land. Although Christmas here is far better than the Netherlands if you ask me. But I think I'll be happy where ever I end up, so maybe an auditor although everyone hates them. I have a while to decide yet though :)

Post anytime hun - it's your diary! But if eating has been offplan then posting to see if anyone can help, is always an idea :)

Auditors are necessary everywhere, as you say, hun, so I'm sure you'd find work easily :). I've made my home in different countries too and it is an amazing experience, highly recommend it!

And I'm so pleased to hear that the test shows there will be no problems with having another baby, should you choose to in the future - but that's a long cycle, I had one similar over December and it just wears you down, eh?

Big hugs hun xxxx

hi gamy love hows you today love x x

Brilliant. I have a bad back so can hardly move due to the pain and my partner wants to break up with me. Got the doctor today so might mention the back pain on the list of things I need to ask after I have a hot bath and seeing if that helps. Currently unsure what will happen if I get stuck in the bath, but we'll come to that later. I really have no idea how I'll take my daughter swimming tomorrow. Its was painful yesterday just driving the car and seemed to get worse quickly after that. His reasons are because he didn't have a break between me and his ex he needs space. We currently have a lot going on so we're sticking together and trying counseling (he mentioned it then said he didn't want to do it, men.) So going to try and work through it until after my parents return from their holiday, and if that doesn't work then break up. Its only until the end of June, so won't be to long. However, despite that, it can't stop my will power diet wise today. Starting off with a bowl of melons and grapes with yoghurt.

I might try what I eat daily again. Should be an incentive. Could even post after every meal (as you said my diary) just to keep me on track again! Even if I slip up I'll try and post daily. What countries have you lived in Susie and what as? I'm still deciding if I should go down the NVQ route or the degree route. I have my level 2 accounting so I'd only need 2 more years of the NVQ before I can start qualifying to be a proper account (Its a strange system) or I can get my degree which would be 4 years as I'd have to do an access course (which I'm already going to be on in September). The difference is the degree will allow me to move aboard, however the NVQ is more sort after by employers since you'd already have the work experience. I was planning on doing a NVQ3 whilst loosing weight and spending another year with my daughter (she's going to live with me regardless of what Martin wants) then work and NVQ4 together, or the original plan was loose weight along side the access course.

You'll find my life very colourful with lots of ups and downs. Probably more than an average person, or so it feels at times.

Oh sweetheart you really have got it all going on, haven't you?! Big big hugs and a big soft shoulder (In fact, lots of them) for you to rest on right here anytime xxx

I've lived in NZ, three different parts of Australia, and London (moved all over London!) - and all have been great experiences, plus I've made and kept great friends in each place. Highly recommend it - but shorter term travel is brilliant too. I like your plan of doing the NVQ3 and 4 x

Guess who wrote a meal plan and then went shopping for only the stuff she's going to make for the week. That's right me. I put on either 1lb or 1.5lbs last night, not 100% sure as book in the car and I had a screaming baby on my hands at the time of weighing so everything was going speedy! You should get some fab meal plans on here this week. I just need some containers to put the leftovers in as I always make to much!

You should get some fab meal plans on here this week. I just need some containers to put the leftovers in as I always make to much!

Well done Gamy that's the way forward :). And batch cook and freeze whatever you can, it's brilliant for days when you don't have the time or inclination to cook from scratch!

Been mainly sticking to the plan. Had a few wobbles here and there so removed my syns for the day, but otherwise not a bad start. I think planning for me is doing me good. Although it cost a fortune to get up and running. I'm really just plodding along and being rather optimistic about life right now.

Back