Garlic as a diuretic

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
I mentioned on another thread that I had read that garlic was a good natural diuretic. I had been retaining water earlier in the week and was all bloated. For the last three days I have eaten lots of garlic in my evening meal and the bloating has gone and the scales are moving again. It could be coincidence, but I don't think it is. Having done some more reading, they are good for ridding the body of all sorts of toxins also. So for all of you out there retaining water, it might be worth a go.

I am going to get some ouderless garlic capsules and take them daily I think. Will keep you posted on how I get on.

I think it works by helping keep the bacteria balance in your gut right - it kills off the baddies and helps the goodies flourish. A lot of the wrong bacteria cause bloating. At least that's what a nutritionist once told me - she also said the most effective way to take garlic is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before your breakfast - she said it works best then. Not a pleasant idea but if the capsules are tasteless I guess that would be easier.

Hmm - just thinking I might buy some capsules after I've had my operation. I haven't eaten onions or garlic for months as everything I eat comes back up and regurgitated garlic is pretty unpleasant. But after the op I should be able to have them again - yummy!

Yeah I figure it's worth a go. I love garlic, but have a lot of meetings this week and don't want to go stinking of garlic to all of them.

gonna give it a bash ladies , see how i go :0) LOL ill try owt !!!

gonna give it a bash ladies , see how i go :0) LOL ill try owt !!!

Hi Sukie, how's you?

Had garlic again tonight!!! I am going to stink at my meeting tomorrow, but don't care. Don't want bloating! Off to health shop tomorrow to get some capsules.

im good (ish )
not so green this evening , sat all day to do 2 essays for my cert ed so was feeling very tense and had some wine :eek: so suddenly needed something sweet so ive had some 0.2g chocolate covered toffee and ive made some carbophobia cake :eek:
so didnt need to do that given how hard ive worked at being green:0)!! well hey ho its low carb at least and tomorrow s another day,:p

I am sure it won't hurt. It's only one thing and sometimes you just need something. As you say, tomorrow is another day. :D

lol yup im done beating myself up sarah , ill just keep plodding allong , i really like atkins for lifetime eating so giving up now isnt going to get me anywhere is it ? when you give up i just think youre back on the 'merry go round '

I think that's a great approach. And you have changed shape dramatically, which has to be a good thing.

oh yeah , its just way to easy to forget , i tell people to keep looking back to see just how far they've come but all too often i forget to do just that ! ive come so far in 2 and a bit years and its good for me to hold on that , christ ! i run half marathons for fun !!!! who would have thought !!!LOL

I love Garlic, and I pee for Britain, never linked the two before though. :D

Back