Garlic Bread recipe please

NatalieBxx

Hi all!

I am making a SW lasagne tomorrow but I want to make a garlic bread which is really nice to go with it and not have to buy a bagguette and prob have all my syns in that!

Any recipes or anyone know of any low syn ones I can buy?

thank you xx

not sure of the syn value but wholmeal pitta bread warmed trough with a thin spread of garlic butter on is delish :)

not sure of the syn value but wholmeal pitta bread warmed trough with a thin spread of garlic butter on is delish :)

You will never get it completely syn free, but thats probably the nearest you will get.

1 wholemeal pitta is 6-7 syns, but if you get the ones from the co-op it can be a healthy extra B! Not sure of the syns in garlic butter - is that something you would make yourself, or pre-bought?

Could you maybe mix in some minced garlic into some pre sprayed frylight and spread that in the pitta or is that just taking things too far?

1 wholemeal pitta is 6-7 syns, but if you get the ones from the co-op it can be a healthy extra B!

Is that a new thing? I thought all pitta breads were ruled out of the Heb list since the Asda pitta bread fiasco :eek:

Have they brought a new one in?

Yep, cropped up as a new HEX B on the main Slimming World website about a month ago.

It did have a thread in main forum but obviously things slip down off the front page so quickly in there

Made me very happy as there are tons of co-ops round my way - and they've had an offer on of 2 packs for 80p for ages (usually 72p each) Not sure if thats still on or not, my freezer has been stocked up for a while!

Yep, cropped up as a new HEX B on the main Slimming World website about a month ago.

It did have a thread in main forum but obviously things slip down off the front page so quickly in there

Made me very happy as there are tons of co-ops round my way - and they've had an offer on of 2 packs for 80p for ages (usually 72p each) Not sure if thats still on or not, my freezer has been stocked up for a while!

Thanks for that :D

I'm at work at the mo, :rolleyes: but I'm thinking I have a receipe for polenta cake/bread thingy, I'm sure that could be adapted to be SW friendly garlic bread. I'll have a look when I get home & post :D

HEAB bread/pitta toasted - cut a raw garlic clove in half and rub on the toast until the desired level of garlickyness is reached. Yum yum and syn free. Or use some pasata with herbs and chopped up garlic in it warm it through in a pan and plop on top of your toast - really nice with a HEXA of cheese. x

ooo I still have both my HEBs left today - might have to try some of these garlic ideas of my co op pittas! :) YUM thanks! x

I'm at work at the mo, :rolleyes: but I'm thinking I have a receipe for polenta cake/bread thingy, I'm sure that could be adapted to be SW friendly garlic bread. I'll have a look when I get home & post :D

Oh that'd be really good!
I'm cooking for a man that I don't think would appreciate something that didn't slightly resemble garlic bread lol!

Thanks for your idea peeps! xx

Here it is, I'm sure you can change the seasoning to garlic

Chilli corn bread
Ingredients:

fry light
250g/9oz fine polenta
1 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper plenty of it!
4 large eggs lightly beaten
300g/11oz very low fat natural yoghurt
275g/10oz canned sweet corn kernels drained
2 mild green chilli's deseeded & finely chopped
200g/7oz bottled roasted red peppers in brine rinsed drained & finely chopped
6 spring onions finely sliced

METHOD:
preheat the oven to 170/gas 3 spray a 20cm/8in baking tin with fry light.
Mix together the polenta & baking powder & season well.
In a jug combine the beaten egg & yoghurt & pour into the polenta mixture, add the sweet corn, chillies, red pepper & spring onions & stir lightly to combine.
Pour the batter into the flan dish & bake in the oven for 35-40mins until firm & lightly browned on top, cut the warm bread into squares or slices & serve immediately.

Oh Circes we're on with this debate again:rolleyes:. On the SW website it still has polenta as a grain on a green day as free. Personally I only buy the grain & still have it as free. I think the polenta already made up is synned.;)

This recipe is out of a SW book isnt it? i have it somewhere. Im still going to use polenta as free. If it was ok, it still will be ok. Think as long as you dont abuse it, it'll be fine.

Thanks for the inspiration! I ended up having a co-op pitta, synned some utterly butterly which I spread on top with crushed garlic, fresh basil and thiny sliced red onions. Wrapped it all in foil and baked for 5 mins... Was yummy!

For future reference, I make mine using Cream Of The Crop mashed potato with spring onion (frozen from Heron) cook in microwave then add crushed garlic, spray a tray with frylight and flatten mixture into several round portions (smaller ones cook quicker) bake on medium heat in oven, turning half way through until crispy and golden. They are free on EE and Green days. Lovely. Hope this helps hun. x Loobylou

I make some toast with my HEB, then whilst it's cooking mix some crushed garlic with some laughing cow (HEA) and spread on the toast when it's warm so it melts into it. YUM YUM x

Last edited:
That does sound yum! Getting hungry now!

For future reference, I make mine using Cream Of The Crop mashed potato with spring onion (frozen from Heron) cook in microwave then add crushed garlic, spray a tray with frylight and flatten mixture into several round portions (smaller ones cook quicker) bake on medium heat in oven, turning half way through until crispy and golden. They are free on EE and Green days. Lovely. Hope this helps hun. x Loobylou

I am so going to try this, made smash pizza before but was too soggy in the middle, so going to try the smaller portion sizes for sure!

Back