Garlic on 790??

LucyLou

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Can I use fresh garlic and garlic pepper on the 790 plan? Ive been baking my chicken with a sprinkling of garlic pepper but wasnt sure??

Thanks

Sorry Louise, I don't think you are supposed to have garlic on 790, but I'm no expert. I am doing 790 too and would love some garlic but it's my understanding that it's a no-no. Hopefully a CDC will be along soon to confirm. xx

:confused:I thought we were allowed onions - only a small amount though??:confused:

I bought a little grinder of pure, dried garlic in Lidl, and asked my CDC about it. Frankly, it's a life-saver. She told me it was fine. It has no salt or additives and the amount needed to add flavour to a soup or AAM is so tiny as to be non-measurable.

Technically no onions, no garlic.

(But then we're not supposed to drink diet coke/pepsi max either, and I've just posted on that thread too.)

The thing is, in SOME people these things will mess up ketosis and make you hungry, which is the only reason why the rules exist.

IF you can get away with having them without dropping out of ketosis and without slowing your weight loss, causing cravings and hunger then it's your choice whether or not you have them. Only you can really decide.

But in the books, well they just have to draw the line somewhere, that's all.

I'm the first one to mess around with the diet and come up with new things for me to try that won't ever be in the books, but I can get away with.

It's personal choice, if however you have onions and garlic and your weight loss slows down or you get hungry - then don't have them.

I'm off for some dinner. :eatdrink023:

So remember technically no onions and no garlic because of their higher carb content and they may slow down your weight loss - that's all.

My wanna-ve-bin-mom-in-law used to bake chicken with whole bulbs of garlic, up to three depending on time of year. Now that I'd draw the line at.

Hmmm..... actually that I drew the line at to be correct. :(:rolleyes:

Hi Debz

Thank you very much for your response... think I will lay off the onions for a while. I was having half a very small onion in my tuna salads.

I am about to post a thread on ketosis and 790, but wondering if that is why I am in and out of ketosis like nobody's business... Although I never feel hungry?!?!

Char xx:thinking2::thinking2:

My wanna-ve-bin-mom-in-law used to bake chicken with whole bulbs of garlic, up to three depending on time of year. Now that I'd draw the line at.

Hmmm..... actually that I drew the line at to be correct. :(:rolleyes:

Thats a LOT of garlic. Although baked whole, it loses a lot of it's strength. Plus with enough quantity you can keep the vampires away, and most humans too.

Hi Debz

Thank you very much for your response... think I will lay off the onions for a while. I was having half a very small onion in my tuna salads.

I am about to post a thread on ketosis and 790, but wondering if that is why I am in and out of ketosis like nobody's business... Although I never feel hungry?!?!

Char xx:thinking2::thinking2:

Ah, I would never test for ketosis on 790kcal. I only test positive at 2.30pm. Honest. Thing is, if I have a CD shake, an hour later I'll be out of ketosis. Yet, the overall effect of the diet is ketosis. The stix aren't very reliable and sometimes can't pick ketosis up. I wouldn't worry about ketosis if you're doing everything you should and feel OK and the weight is going. That's all you need really.

Yep. I know. Ma belle-mere (french) swore by the stuff though.

All her grandchildren have been born in wedlock.

**** **** ****!! Ive been using garlic pepper on my last 3 meals!!!
I thought it was ok!

What avout chilli flakes?? Mixed Herbs?? And that sharwoods season all stuff??

Thanks everyone

Hi Debz

Thank you very much for your response!!!

I am the same, I can be in ketosis first thing in the morning and then have my shake and black coffee and out of it again... I will try to steer clear of them sticks... am a bit addicted and use them near enough every time I go for a wee (which is a LOT;))!

Love
Char xx

Back