Gave myself an hour off / now worrying

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Been on SW for 4 weeks (behaved 100%) & lost 9lbs but today i just need to break the rules.
Had guest for tea and had made a cake - so had an hour off and ate a reasonable big slice. Worked out it was 30 syns - id already alloted 6 syns (gravy with tea, mayo at lunch & a hifi light at weigh in this morning) so 36 syns in total.
Now worrying i've blown it for the week.

Will behave all week, but needed a good weight loss (only lost 0.5lb this morning cause totm)

sorry for moaning - but feeling guilty now (was tasty though!)
xoxo

Dont beat yourself up.
We all do it and i think you have master the art by saying i am coming off for an hour. I know in the past i have just blown it and then spend ages trying to get back on plan. Sometimes not succeeding at all.

You have drawn a line, just say its a flexible hour and move on.
So you may stay the same this week or put a little on.
But if you stick to plan for the rest of the week, I am sure this 1 hour off will not make a huge difference.

It was just an hour! Although, I do find it astonishing how much food I can get down me in an hour.
Firstly, are you sure it was 30 syns? Thats... about 600 calories I think and thats a fair amount for cake. If you had 30 syns worth, I bet it was a nice cake and that's fair enough.

If you are sure, well, you've just got to move on. You can't dwell on the fact that you've done this or feel guilty about it it might start affecting your behaviour. Just get back on plan as normal.

If you don't get a loss, then you might be annoyed with yourself but you HAVE taught yourself a valuable lesson eh? And, in the grand scheme of things (you might not like this bit), you don't need a good loss - you'd really like one. Slimming World will inevitably be for some of us, a long journey. You won't lose every week. Sometimes cake will get in the way. This is life.:)

im guessing 30 syns - cause it was a victoria sponge - the online calculator said it was 5 syns per 25g and i weigh a spare slice and it weighed 140g so that makes it 28 syns ish.
Was tasty but not 30 syns worth. Would have prefered 3 wispa's (they're 10.5 syns).

This is what flexible syns are for hun. We're all human afterall. It was your choice and with food optimising, this is what its all about. Forgive yourself your hour off and continue as you did before. You'll be fine :)

Congrats on your weightloss so far and best of luck :) x

If you didn't have a treat every now and then, you would go mad!

For me, if I were eating out, I would have a night off - I cannot bring myself to spend money on eating out and trying to pick the most sensible option!

It's just about getting straight back on plan, and not thinking "well I've blown it now - I may as well pig out for the rest of the week" (cause I bet we've all been there!!)

I think im more concerned that because got off to bad start of week, i'll try and claw the damage back and put myself under too much pressure this week.
Not helped by the fact that i had a major anxiety attack this morning (don't know why but its something i suffer with) and so felt down all day.
On positive note, while ive been at home today i've made a carrot & coriander soup. A tomato & basil sauce (its bit thin tho) & sw quiche, so hopefully im prepared for the rest of the week

The art of being sucessful on SW is being able to get straight back on track.

I am the worst yo-yoer ever for jumping off, jumping on, jumping off etc... I tend to yo-yo quite a bit. Have a week where a gain, work real hard to get the gain off, relax, relax too much, gain, lose ah the whole cycle is stupid.

But. What I was trying to say is that you know what you did and now you've done it, you can't undo it. Draw a line have the rest of the week as normal (or reduce your syns by 5 a day to make up for it) and relax (but not too much).

The amount of people who have an off plan meal after WI and still lose is astronomical... ;)

xx

Thanks for support - will just go forward from today then and see how i get on.

What's done's done - please don't beat yourself up with guilt, just learn from it (that for you, that cake wasn't really worth it, you'd rather have had something else to enjoy), draw a line under it and move forward.

Lots of lovely superfree food (try having the 2/3 that success express recommends, rather than the 1/3 maybe), some superspeed foods and a decent amount of water, all your healthy extras and syns within the 5-15 range.

We all have times that we look back and wish we hadn't, but the plan is all about not punishing you for that and just picking up the plan and keeping going. Good luck this week.

Relax! This is what syns are for, to have the odd treat throughout the week. You had cake with your friend! You are allowed to! :) You even weighed it which tells me that even without realising it you were actually being controlled. Think of it as your treat for the week and take it off what you were planning on allowing yourself in syns, then work out your daily syns accordingly for the rest of the week. That way you don't have to feel like you have fallen off the wagon and you should still see a result at weigh in. Good luck! Xx

Back