GemBritney LL Diary

Glad hell week is passing.

Awful when you get weeks like that. Start building on your good days though and you will be over the hump in no time at all.

Goal weight, Hell's teeth 9stone something ? Shees I wasn't that when I was in school let alone as an adult lol I will be happy with obese somewhere on the lower end, that's all I can get my head around for the moment. 100lb loss and see where I am I think.

Lady T is right though, people are different and it will depend on what you feel is right for you. Dont be dictated to by a table!

Onwards and downwards chick xx

This is true lady T and clara, i sopuld stop obsessing with BMI... it is very misleading i agree. xxx

Week 17 Day 6

I went for first aid training today with my dad. it really is an amazing thing to learn and im so glad i went. It was very disappointing that only 15 people turned up when it has been advertised for over a month. but im glad i went :)

Got sore teeth today, maybe i will lay of the home teeth whitening kit tonight as it its really sensitive to drink things.

Hurry up tuesday i want the dreaded WI over with.... grrrr xx

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

I would say the BMI thing is overrated! I think if i followed the BMI healthy weight you wouldn't be able to actually see me! LOL You have done so well so far and if thats your target thats your target, probably more likely to maintain aswell! I need to get my BMI to 30 or under, currenty is 40!!! Long way to go for me but needs must! Unfortunately 'medical' professionals see the BMI as everything! In my case no IVF :-( until BMI is under that!

Hey Gem, I am willing my WI on Tusday to come earlier becuse of the situation I now find myself in. You will be fone, you have amazing losses, not sure what it will say in my case to be honest. Not sure which I am more nervous about the blood test results or the WI, lol.

Aw you and your poor teeth, well its made my mind up I am never getting that done. Bet they look amazing though chick. xx

Relax about the BMI and just get to a weight you are happy with and can maintain. It's only a guideline. xx

When I lost weight a couple of years ago I went down to 10 stone...I loved it and would have liked to get down a bit further, only half a stone but would have given me a half stone buffer for holidays and events etc...everyone is right you shouldnt go by a chart, its how you feel hun.

I've put 9 stone on here which I know is too far but I just want to see if I can do it :D. According to the chart I can go down to summit stupid like 7.5 stone...I think I was that when I was 10!!!!

Once I get to 10 stone I'll do RTM and hopefully lose a few lb while on that ...others have in my class.

Get to a weight you feel comfortable with hun xxx

Couldnt agree more about getting to a weight that you are happy with. BMI is a guide and not the be all and end all. I have got my BMI down to 26 and amnow starting RTM. It's not necessarily the weight I feel happy at but it is definitely the right time for me to introduce food, I hope to lose another 13lbs but if I hit my happy weight along the way then I will stop.

Glad you enjoyed your first aid course, such a good thing to do x

Agree with the others about the BMI thing...whatever you feel comfortable at and can maintain is always best. Charts like that are not true and don't reflect the body type. The chart gives us false hope and thus sets us up for failure, as it is not achievable.
AND...one day I will learn that and stop looking at the chart too! ;)

xx

aww thanks girls glad im not the only one who id aiming slightly higher than my perfect BMI xxxx

Week 18 day 1

Well WI tonight and i lost 3lbs, finally hit my 5 stone loss!!!! what a mile stone ey! cant quite believe it myself. i have u all to thanks for the constant amazing support... i wouldnt have been able to do it without you all xxx

Wow, well done GEM XXX

Gembritney said:
Week 18 day 1

Well WI tonight and i lost 3lbs, finally hit my 5 stone loss!!!! what a mile stone ey! cant quite believe it myself. i have u all to thanks for the constant amazing support... i wouldnt have been able to do it without you all xxx

Wowee!! Gem you are awesome - especially as you have struggled a but this week!! xx

Thanks SB!!! u are an inspiration!!!
Thanks Hannah.. yea been a hell of a tough week and a half!!!!!! xxx

Week 18 day 1

Wooohoooo!! Fantastic!! What an achievement, well done Gem!! :D

xx

Thanks Julz. Pinkie and possum!!!!!! xxx

Fantastic weight loss Gem,well done Hun!
Sexy xx

thanks sexy!!

Back