Gemma's Diary

*Gemma*

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site nut not to the world of dieting!! Been there, done that blah blah blah....Anyway, I thought about buying myself a little book to keep as a diary but then I stumbled accross this site and thought I may as well keep a diary on here. I think it will help to keep everything straight in my mind - if you get what I mean.

I lost about 5 stone on ww about 5 years ago and met and married my husband. The weight slowly but surely went back on and when I was pregnant with my son who is now 16 months, I put on nearly 6 stone. I still haven't lost it and am now 22 weeks pregnant with my second.

I'm determined to lose at least a stone before I give birth, ideally 2 but we'll see!

So this is my diary and I intend to visit everty day to update it. I've had a good day today but right now I'm hungry so need to rustle up something free. I had weetabix and milk for breakfast. Fruit and yogurt mid morning. Tuna sandwich with spring onions, cherry tomatoes and a little light mayo. Dinner was really boring but I was a bit unorganised so it was just rice and roast veg, I had to add loads of lime juice and chilli sauce but it was ok. Must remember to make sure I have stuff in to cook! Think I'm gonna get some fruit and another yougurt to finish off the day.

Anyways, I'm sure this is dead boring now but I really think writing everything down will help me. Oh, and by the way, what is everyones thoughts on EE?

If you managed to read this far, thanks!
Gem xxx :)

Good Morning Gem.
Welcome to SW another Gemma on the plan i see! If you need any help or advice just shout!
Good Luck!

Hi Gemma, Thanks for your welcome message.

Well yesterday went better than expected. I resisited danish pastries, muffins, donuts and cake whilst on placement and managed to ignor the choccie buttons sitting on the kitchen shelf! I felt really good - not the usual sluggish 'I can't be bothered' self!! I joined the gym last week and don't have an induction till next Monday but I'm going swimming tonight and have booked into the aqua aerobics class on Thursday.

I so don't wanna be how I was after I had my first baby, it was November and I couldn't even find an outside coat to fit me! I was so depressed and didn't even realise. I just wanna be able to walk out of the hospital looking slightly respectable. Then the plan is to really start working out at the gym and continuing the SW plan.

I;'m so excited to think that I might actually fit into the endless pairs of nice jeans I've got that haven't seen the light of day for God knows how long!!

Anyway, more ramblings but by doing this, I hope I can re read it when I'm having a 'funny moment' and it will help me to stay on track.

Gem xx

Ok, so day two down and again, it went really well. I had:

Breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk Snack - 4 x ryvita with philadelphia light
Lunch - salad from morrisons salad bar with a slice of ham from the deli counter
Snack - Cous cous
Dinner - 1/2 jacket spud with roast veg, chicken breast and hummous. Activia fat free yogurt with fresh straberries.

I went swimming and swam for 45 minutes. I'm feeling really good,:) yeah, it's only been 2 days but this time last week I was probably laying on the sofa feeling bloated, lethargic and slobby. :sigh:

I really enjoy eating properly so why can't I do it all the time? Why do I opt for the horrible crappy food that makes me feel horrible when it's not really much more effort to do things properly?!

I've got induction at the gym on Monday so hopefully they can design a program for me which will work in pregnancy. Oooh, and I even got the packet of choc buttons off the kitchen shelf last night, looked at them for a while and then put them back - go me!!!

Right so day three here we come. How come when you're dieting, the week seems to go so slow??!

Anyways, feeling good and looking forward to losing lots of weight.

Gem xx

Day three.

Breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk
lunch - other half of last nights dinner. Jacket spud, rast veg, hummous, chicken breast.
Snack - 3 x ryvita and philadelphia light
Strawbwrries and fat free activia. Small choc sponge roll thingy (there was a whole platefull but I only had 1!) I reckon about 5 syns?

Haven't had dinner yat and not sure what it will be. Maybe should have thought about it befor now. Possibly had too many snacks but they are all allowed so is it really that bad? Mmmm, we'll see on Monday!

Had my haircut today aswell so I'm feeling good.

Gem xx

Thanks Louise. You're encouragement is very welcome! I'm liking this whole diary thingy!! xx

Ok so here I am again after the Easter long weekend. I've got a lot of days to write so forgive me if this doesn't make much sense! And I'm definately gonna copy as I go as I don't wanna lose this entry too!

Well Thursday was another sucess for me. Everyonr else here went out for chip shop chips for lunch and I went to Morrisons and got a salad. I've never resisited so much in my life and I am very proud of myself. So that' scakes, pastries, chocolate AND chips all in one week.

Friday wasn't so brilliant. I don't know what it is with my Dad but he seems to want to feed me crap all the time. I went to visit them with my husband and baby. We decided on ham egg and chips for dinner which is ok on sw. They had oven chips but I was gonna make my own. Dad said not to as oven chips were ok! I didn't argue....He served dinner with fresh bread covered in real butter. I thought, ok, I can have one slice. It'll be just about within my syns. I had three slices. Was a bit disapointed in myself but told myself that it's good Friday and it's only bread. I did go through the whole 'you've been a naughty girl' thing in my head. But as is usually the case with me, a little mistake leads to more mistakes. So because of the bread I then ate quite a few chocolates. Not an obscene amount but enough. I then had to console myself (in my head) and told myself that that is what flexible syns were invented for! So considering I could have been really naughty all week, a couple of bits of bread and some chocs weren't the end of the world!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:Ooohhh but I did resist the sticky toffee pudding for afters!:flirt2:

Saturday - I had to work a long day Saturday, 730 - 8pm. I had weetabix and brown toast for breakfast. Pineapple and a couple of tangerines and a fat free yogurt for snacks. And something I've never really done before is plan my meals for work. But I called my husband and asked him to put a jacket spud in the oven for me. I went home on my break and had the jacket spud with cucumber and cherry tomatoes with a wee sprinkling of cheese on top. Thats something I've never done before too - added salad or vege things to food. When I got back to work, I had a small choc easter brownie thing, which tasten manky by the way. There were loads but I only had one! I thought probably 7 or 8 syns? I also drank squash all day instead of fruit juice. I didn't pinch any leftovers at all (I work in a brain injury unit and staff can eat any leftovers from patients meals. Not their meals as such, leftovers from the big trays that get sent from the kitchen after meals have been dished up) that makes no sense does it? Just didn't want anyone to think that I happily steal food from poorly people!

I had tomato and veg bake for dinner and a muller light. I didn't grab anything when I got home either so that's good.

Sunday was pretty much the same. I had a ham salad sandwhich for lunch and some fruit and yogurt. I got my husband to put a jacket spud in the oven for when I got home from work but had eaten some macaroni cheese at work. Not too bad I thought, as I hadn't had many syns all day and obviously the pasta is free. I must admit to eating about 6 chocolates from an easter egg. Oh and I had a bit of apple and rhubarb crumble at lunchtime. Again, I gave myself a taliking to about this. But the portion size was much smaller than usual and I didn't have custard. And I was hungry after all....

Well I'm gonna leave it there for now. I do waffle a lot don't I? I will continue with Monday and today a bit later today. I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Plan for this week - ZERO TOLERANCE to anything naughty!!

Gem xx

I weighed myself yesterday and I lost a whole 6 pounds! Yay! :):) Although It looks like more on my stats cause I actually guestimated my start weight. I knew it was around about what I had put...Here's to a new week....

Gem xx

well done to you for sticking to it through your pregnancy. When i was pregnant i gained 4.5 stone and just ate ate ate everything i could, not sure id have the willpower to do sw whilst pg so well done to you!

Hiya Smoomoo,

I can relate - I put on nearly 6 stone with my first and still haven't lost it! He is only 16 months old but I really don't wanna be in the same boat this time!

Just a quick visit to note that I've just eaten two millies cookies. Couldn't find a syn value but someone has posted that rolo cookies are 8 1/2 so I'm assuming because the millies ones are smaller, they can't be more than this. So that's my syns for the day used. Now I've written it down, it's official!

Gem xx

Well it's 6 months since I last posted. Don't really know why I didn't continue with my diary but probably was because I was busy on placement, pregnant blah blah blah, excuses galore.

Anyway Molly was 8 weeks old yesterday. I did quite well in my pregnancy until the last 6 or 8 weeks and then I was too scared to weigh myself. I ate anything and everything. Reading my first few entries reminded me how determined I was. Well, my determination has returned!!:)

When I came out of hospital I was 17st 11lb. I managed to lose 11lb by myself and joined sw again 4 weeks ago. I have since lost 1st. I've got another 5 1/2 to go. So I've returned to my diary to keep an eye on myself. It seems that if I write everything down, it makes it a lot clearer in my head and I know where I'm at. And I can look back and reflect on what I've done.

So here's to the next 1/2 stone. Then I will be at the weight I was when I fell pregnant for the second time. I've got 6 mini targets...

Here goes!!

Gem xxx

Just thought I'd list all the reasons I have for losing this weight:

New years eve - haven't had a good one in ages!
Usher in January
Brothers wedding in April
V Festival for my friends hen weekend
Chief bridesmaid at my friends wedding in September

There are loads more but these are key dates I can aim for iykwim?

Gem xxx

Back