Gemma's Diary

HaHa ... well done ;) xx

[STRIKE]
Perseverance? Nah .... Maybe ....
[/STRIKE]

Deffo!!!! ;) :D xx

Glad you all found it after my garbbled instructions!!

Ok, how long did it take you to be comfortable with eating again, hubby is wanting to go out for a meal but feel so scared of doing it and being tempted by the 'wrong' things like before!

Have bought some new clothes today - all in a size 12, I have never ever being a 12, couldn't keep the smile from my face all day just need to find some nice jeans now.

Thurs 11 Nov
B - 30g cornflakes, s.s milk
* banana
L - wm sandwich with lf philadelphia garlic & herb, lettuce
* mini homemade bun - oops
D - Salad, small jacket potato and lf cottage cheese.

1 ltr of water and 3 coffees

If you mean how long did it take to relax around food - I'll let you know if and when it happens :eek:. 17 months on I'm still not :(. I guess one thing you could do is keep in mind how great you felt buying those size 12s. Maybe that'll keep your choices 'good' although a little treat wouldn't hurt. Well done on those 12s too!!!! :D:D xx

Well done on the size 12's, such a great feeling to be buying clothes in a desired size.

I do feel comfortable with eating, it took me about a year though. I still sometimes do over-eat though, especially on holiday, but its just a case of getting straight back on track and choosing the healthy options again. Unlike me who has gone back to WW to get the new plan to lose my little bit of excess.

Will definately keep that feeling in mind. I have also set myself an upper weight limit and not allow myself above that.

I have weighed myself today instead of going to the pharmasist and have lost 2lbs :D

Fri 12 Nov
B - 1 weetabix, s.s milk
* mini homemade bun
L - lf cottage cheese & beetroot on wm bread, grapes and blueberries
D - 1 sausage, 4 small new potatos, cauliflower, peas & carrots
shape zero yogurt and more grapes

Gym for 1 hour

Last edited:
Well done on the 2lbs!! :D:D:D ... Food looks super too :) xx

well done, u've done fantastic xx

Gemma, well done on the 2lb loss. I feel maintaining gets a little easier when you can get your head round that this is a lifestyle change. Once you tend towards putting on weight then it will always be a vigil to keep it at bay. Setting an upper limit is a good idea and it is one I do too.
Eating out can be easier than you imagine. I dreaded it initially. I go away a lot and thought this would be my downfall. Make some healthier choices from the menu. If it is a very heavy carbladen and full plate,just remember that you do not have to eat it all. Leave some on the plate. I always drink about a litre of water at the dinner table. This both takes the edge of the hunger and gives me something to do with my hands instead of guzzling the wine and eating all the bread on the table. lol lol.
keep up your good work.

Thank you and also for the good ideas on eating out.

Sat 13 Nov
B - 1 weetabix, s.s milk with strawberries and blueberries
L - 4 crackerbread with light philadelphia (garlic & herb)
D - beans and sprinkle of cheese on toast
* bowl of grapes, blueberries and strawberries

Sun 14 Nov
B - 30g cornflakes and s.s milk
L - Cheese and spring onion sandwich (sainsbury's, was out shopping)
* Grapes
D - Homemade fish supper. River cobbler, s.w. healthy chips and mushy peas with 1/2 slice of bread

exercise - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd - level 1

Thank you size 10, erm appetite wise sometimes I'm hungry and ready for my lunch etc and others I'm not. I have to be careful not to fall back into old habits of not eating at mealtimes and then pigging out an hour or so before tea.

Today I was out and called at sainsburys to grab a sandwich, all the nice things were there - mini muffins, cake, crisps etc and it didn't even bother me - no second/third glances and shall I shan't I, oh go on then thoughts. Which was great and shows I'm actually in control for once in my life!!

Well done on resisting the goodies, its nice to be in control of your food, gives you such a boost when you can walk away. You are doing brilliant.

Thank you, thought I'd add some before and after pictures (unable to do them to my signature for some reason)

Mon 15 Nov
B - 30g Cornflakes, s.s milk
L - small ham salad with balsamic vinegar
* banana & satsuma
D - Chicken soup and slice of bread, shape zero yogurt

Attachments

• DSCF7199am.jpg
    DSCF7199am.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 53
  • SAM_0603.jpg
    SAM_0603.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 51
WOW!!!!! That looks like a heck of a lot more than 3 stone! Well done you - you look FAB!! :) xx

Back