General kick up the bum!!

missniki

Hey all, I've been on minimins for a while now, more just reading the posts, but i could do with a bit of advice, and like i said in the title, a good kick up the bum!!
Ive been messing about between pp and vp since February and all in all put 10lb on (really disappointing after I'd lost 4 stone) as I stick to one for a few days, go off track and then do the other and keep repeating myself. I too need to make the decision, vp just seems so much easier to track, but I've done my usual, only signed up for pp last week online, just don't know what to stick with, any thoughts are welcome
Ta Niki.x

Hi niki and a warm welcome to the discover board x
You're not the only one who's done that hun. It's so difficult when you really want to lose the weight but struggle to find something that feels right and that you can comfortably stick with for a year or even more.

I personally love vp. I know it and understand its simple science and have a data base of points values in my head :D but even I needed a change. I'm dabbling with the old core plan but that's too hard aswell as I've got to stop when I'm full (not easy!), but it's helping me cut down on empty points (crisps etc.) so I'm liking it. We're all just trying to find what's best for us.

I think you should do a list of pros and cons for each - I love a good list! And see which one you then feels right for you. And the fact that you've signed up on line obviously will hurt your pocket if you don't use it, but it'll still be worth it if you have lost weight in say 3 weeks doing vp rather than maybe even gaining!? (And on that, is there any money back cancellation policy? If you cancel within in a week? Worth a look).

Alternatively you need to settle down into pp. Give it a proper go for at least the time you've signed up online.

Whatever you choose it's time to go for it! I think Autumn is a great time to lose weight with warming, filling foods. We're here on discover if you need some support (hopefully it'll build up a bit on here, it's been very quiet! I'm here anyway). And then by Xmas hopefully you can have lost a stone (or that 10lbs again) :) x

Thanks Hules,
I decided to scrap pp, and go full on into discover, only my first full day, tomorrow is all planned, I'm actually looking forward to it, now I've got my head into it!!xx

Ahh, lovely! Really pleased that you're feeling so positive. And I love that we might have some more company on here :)
I need to focus. I think I shall join you on pure vintage (rather than core until I get back into it).

Back