General W/C 2nd October 2006

Hi peeps
Just thought I'd pop in and say that I tried the leather trousers on and they fitted a treat!

I showed hubby and his eyes almost popped out of his head ... 'OMG I'm married to a Bond girl' was his reponse. Bless his heart - I'm more 'Tummy Galore' than 'Pussy Galore' but it was sweet of him to say it :)

If I go out to Flares in Portsmouth on Saturday night with the girls, who dares me to wear them???

I dare you!!! :D :D :D :D
If the occasion allows it, you should do it!! :cool:

I once had a leather basque I wore to a rock club. We went to a pub before hand, and i arranged with my friend to leave my shirt with her, as the pub wasn't really up to the basque to be honest.. i'd have felt naked! lol when I 'stripped' my shirt off.. my now hubby (then boyfriend) had the same reaction as your hubby! lol So did half of my mates! lol

I gave that to the charity about 7 years ago... Graham was gutted!

part of me wishes i still had it now.. he'd be a happy bunny and I'm only about half a stone away from what i was then. :p

I Dare you to wear them Debbie bond girl.
How wonderfull to be able to wear them.
Go girl go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jellybabe,did you ever think you would be so pleased about being overweight??? I know how you feel as I am overweight today as well,close to you in weightloss aswell lost 8st now.
How great to be overweight.yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh PH know how you fell after 25years married Pete and I still miss each other when appart.We have 2 spare bedrooms and pc still in lounge as could not stand being upstairs in the evening on here while he is down stairs,even if like now he is asleep on sofa.

Have I said I lost 471/4lb this week now 12st9.5lb
Sorry if already said this but can not stop tell everyone.
Night night all
{{{HUGS}}}

Hi everyone

OK - I'll wear 'the' leather trousers if I go out on Saturday night and I might even post a piccie :D

I had my eye test and diabetic retinal scan today. As I suspected, I need glasses for close work but my distance vision if fine so am OK without for driving.

The dispensing optician asked what sort of glasses I'd like and I said 'ones that make me look like intelligent posh totty!'. Made him chuckle :)
Anyway, I chose some nice 'designer' ones as they had a sale PLUS I got a student discount so they worked out at half price!

It'll be a relief to be able to read all those heavy texts without the words jumping all over the page!

I'm STILL not back in ketosis after my silly blip the other evening so I'm not holding out much hope for a loss this week - oh well, a lesson hard learned!

Hope you're all having a great day :D

Just a quick hello from sunny (and very windy) Spain. Walked from the house into town today for the very first time - couldn´t do it before. Catch you all leter.

Mother Wemitt, Ann xxx

Just a quick hello from sunny (and very windy) Spain. Walked from the house into town today for the very first time - couldn´t do it before. Catch you all leter.

Mother Wemitt, Ann xxx

UMMMMMMMMM spain lucky you its got soooo cold here
Have lovely time Ann you deserve it
xxc

Didn't expect to see you on here Ann!! A very pleasant surprise! :D

Hope you're having a fab time in sunny Espana :p

Hi everyone, hope all are doing good on this sunny but chilly wednesday. I just got back from shopping in Brighton; tried on a dres in Monsoon, size 22 too big! Size 20 also too big, YIPPEE, wasn't gonna buy one but it is the first time I have ever tried anything on in Monsoon and it fitted, never mind been too big! managed to spend lots in East buying pretty accesories for the holiday - 10 days to go, can't wait!!!!

What a buzz Barb!! I still can't get used to flicking past the size 20s on the racks - seems strange (but great!)

Only 10 days til your holiday - it's come around so fast!! I bet you're so glad you started your healthy eating when you did Barb ... with all the weight loss and toning up in the pool, you're a very different woman from the one I met back on FH only a few short months ago.

I've been trying on a few tops with Saturday in mind. My biggest single bug-bear is my stomach and the horrible mega-muffin top I get when I wear more fitted trousers. I was considering buying some kind of 'control' garment ... like a body smoother or something.... A one-piece to hold the wobbly bits in check.

Anyone got any experience or advice in that dept? I thought maybe M&S might have something. I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm just so conscious of my 'Mr Bumble' belly that it might be worth a few quid to flatten it a bit! :p

I bought some holding in knickers from Evans. i think it was £12 for 2 pairs and they really work. Keep my tummy in quite well
Irene xx

Thanks Irene
The problem I have with control knickers is that they hold the bottom half in and the excess tumbles out over the top! LOL
It's like trying to fit a gallon into a pint pot :eek:

That's why I thought an all-in-one might be better. Only for special occasions of course - I couldn't bear to be 'held in' all day (I'm rather partial to breathing!)

You are so right Debbie, I am so glad I started when I did. I haven't achieved the results I hoped for but I have done so much better than if I had done nothing - which lets face it was the other option! I know there is still a long road ahead but I know if I just keep plodding along I will get there. I am so pleased that you are doing well, I know what you mean about the tummy situation though. I have tried a few control knicks for M&S, they do help a bit but I am resigned to never being a washboard girl! The importnat thing is I know my tummy is smaller than it was, it is never going to be tiny but I am happy to feel a bit better about it than I did. Love

Hello all, just a quicie so to speak ;)

I agree with the hold in knickers.. but maybe we're holding in a 'touch too much' ? that's what i reckon with mine..

Sorry not been around, mega busy.. and now battling with my new mobile who isn't friends with my new bluetooth headset! (i've posted a message in chit chat if you have any advice..) ;)

Weigh in at 9.30... can't wait! :D

Have had the most awful night, have made a new thread about it so won't repeat it all. Can't sleep,can't think straight, hurt all over from tensing muscles. Can't even cry!

((hugs)) I'd recommend a cuddle with your son.. I think he'll probable need one.. and as your female and his MUM he'll be ok with it.
Just remember... he's safe now, and with people who love him!
None of us can truly imagine the scene, or the feelings, but we are here for you... vent/offload/shout/scream at us.
((Hugs))

Morning all,

Big hugs going to Barb & her family.....xxx

Flipping heck I feel totally yuk! Still sporting a cold, headache and now got all 3 kids down with it as well! So up in the early hours steaming 2 out of 3 in the batroom as they were coughing like dogs! Boys still in bed where they can stay not going to send them to school. Sophie up at 5am! so me too. Andy off at work....lucky him!

Meant to be off camping this weekend with 150 Cubs! but I've pulled out there is just no way I fancy camping when I feel so yuk....although the exercise climbing, potholing etc...would have helped me loose the 5lbs I put on this week! :eek: Not happy but I do know why (TOTM and felt really down lately an been comfort eating)! so I'm doing something about it not alot I can do about TOTM! but comfort eating has to stop.

Can't wait to go back to SSing really want to give it a good go this time. Counting the days......

Just heard Ollie coughing better go check him...

Later
Kam x

well well.. another 4lb gone at my weigh in! :D
Back to SS this week too. :)
Really can't believe i'm 2 and a half stone away from my 10 stone goal!!! :eek: :p Feels a bit surreal.
Next goal is to get below 12 stone as wasn't that for very long 9 years ago.. and had to diet to get there! :eek:
Also.. I'm at a BMI of 30... so getting into the 20's there would be great!!

Kam - hope you feel better soon. Much as I love camping... and even later in the year than it is now, I must say if you're poorly.. now is NOT the time to be going camping! ((Hugs)) did you find out about the echinachea (spell check) my sister also swears by it. :D Or perhaps a 'tonic' type thing from the chemist/health store?

((Hugs))

hello wemitts,

Kam and Barb hope you both start to feel better soon ((((HUGS)))) xx

Nothing much to report from the tweedy household, because I have been messing about with my diet lately my body seems to be rebelling and I am stalling I don't seem to be losing any lbs even though I am 100% ssing :( but I suppose I will just have to perservere and try to break through this plateau somehow. I was sooo tempted to throw in the towel and give in but have stuck with it so far I will just have to dig deep and find some willpower from somewhere, any wemitts wan't to share their will power reserves with me? lol

Anyhow, enough rambling from me there is housework to be done so I will have to love you and leave you xx

Back