General W/C 2nd October 2006

Hi Mrs T!

Stick with it hon! Your body is being stubborn but it MUST give way at some point. Have you checked your measurements? I plateaued quite lot but tended to lose inches those weeks.

My diet has also stalled - have been comfort eating a bit pre-exam & post accident but have stayed at 10,9 morning weight for nearly 4 weeks now. I occasionally drop to 10,8 or pop up to 10,10 but both are rare & only last the one day!

Oh well! Never mind.

Have got a side & a half of A4 of Spanish memorised for my oral tomorrow. Just have to try not to forget it during the 2.5 hour Spanish written exam that should be before it!

Love to all
xxx

I'll share my will power Mrs Tweedy! ;) But be careful to leave me enough! :p
It is really hard to stay motivated all the time isn't it.

Anja - good luck for your exam! I'd fall to pieces, you are much braver than me! ((Hugs)) i'm sure you'll get on great. :D

Aishoo...thanks PH & Mrs T!
PH GP popping in to see me and kids later. My Mum thinks I'm just very run down its been abit of a year for me and I think its all caught up.
Oh camping.....I'm gutted I was so looking forward to going :( instead I've booked myself on a Scouting Course...indoors! doing two modules towards my 'wood beads'! I know I should just stay at home in the warm but I need to get out before I scream!!!
Mrs T.....how are you? sorry your weight isn't shifting but it will you'll suddenly get a huge loss!
Anja.....do your revision!!! Good luck for tomorrow. Sorry I missed you on Saturday.
Hubby just phoned and laughed that all 3 kids are off sick and I feel so crappy as well...cheers mate!! lets see how funny he finds it when he comes down with it next!!!
Right black coffee is calling me.....
Later all.
Kam x

Hubby just phoned and laughed that all 3 kids are off sick and I feel so crappy as well...cheers mate!! lets see how funny he finds it when he comes down with it next!!!
Kam x
How very true! Very insensitive of him... especially with the kids being home now too, you'll get no peace at all! ((hugs))

Hope your coffee helps. Drink lots of water and some vit C needed of course.

Echinaechia is great if you're run down - well worth considering :)

Hope the GP can help. ((Hugs))

Luckily the boys are just staying upstairs watching DVD's in bed. They are 13 & 11 so quite easy but still I've been up and down those stairs so many times with food & drinks today I must have lost loads!!! Sophie is being really good as well as well and has fallen asleep on the sofa...ahh. I should really do the same but loads work on the PC to do. Interview soon as well that I must do some background work on.
Blasted weather just seen its pouring outside.
PH I tried to call you the other night it rand for ages no answerphone?
Knowing Hubby he'll me something nice later when he comes home so I forgive him. And bless him he has been running round like a blue @rse fly when he's been off work the last week looking after me. I only have to ask and he'll do anything....thing is do we ever ask? NOPE! because we all think they should know what needs doing. Sometimes its just easier to do it yourself!!
Kam x

Hi All

Kam, thanks, hope your feeling better today. No photos yet, need to work out how to do it, only just mastered printing them:confused: . Plus not sure if I am brave enough to show them on here - bit photophobic to be honest, never have liked myself so have hardly any taken if I can help it.

Purplehugs, I must confess my hand hovered over the heating switch last night but I dillied around and didn’t switch it on, must do it tonight, can’t stand being cold.

Debbie, thanks, it won’t be long till you shift those two BMI points. LMOL at the high cal theory, I will have to try and remember that one, never watched Little Britain might give it ago next time it comes around. You had me laughing again with your “Tummy galore” but oarrrh what a real sweetie your hubby is. A big WEMITT dare to you to wear the trousers, so glad they fitted and hope you have a “wicked” time on Saturday. Missing my weekly Sawyer dose now Lost has finished, have you heard anything about another series & when it starts – or I will have to start watching repeats.

Libbie, congrats to you on being “Overweight”, your right who would have thought being overweight was something to celebrate – but oh doesn’t it feel good.

Mrs Tweedy, keep hanging in there it will come good in the end you will probably have a really good week soon. Like Anja said its worth doing the stats as I found the same thing on my low loss weeks – try anything to keep yourself motivated.

Anja Good luck with your exams – cor what are you studying for!! You seem to have loads of exams and orals.

I need a lesson in arithmetic I have actually lost 8st 13 pounds – der but whats a few pounds between friends. Trouble is I am getting a lot of comments now saying that I need to stop as I have lost enough, it is all well intentioned. But in my head I am still obese and not ready (yes, I know I need to deal with this but where do you start), I know that you can’t go any futher than a BMI of 25 and that’s my semi goal but I won’t be happy until I reach my goal.

Barb, stunned at what happened to your son, have posted a message on your other thread, hope you are starting to relax a bit more now and that things have settled down for your Chris.

Hope everyone is feeling good and good luck with any weigh ins.

Thanks Jelly,
Go on we'd love to see the person behind the name!
That weight loss is so amazing!
Feeling a tad better probably something to do with slobbing out nearly all day!
Went totally off track today had my 2 packs but instead of following 1200 cal I had a can of soup & a cheese sandwich! :eek: But I really fancied something yum. Now of course I feel really guilty! But I'm not going to beat myself up. I have however managed to drink 6 litres of water today!! And with that of course came the running to and from the loo! And up and down the stairs looking after 3 poorly kids! Even managed to resist the chocolate thats in the fridge! Hubby filmed a commercial the other day for this Italian Chocolate....looks yummy but no I'm not going to eat it...did Paul Mckenna trick of putting thumb and finegr together and imagining the chocolate looked all moudy and covered in flies! Works for me anyway...hubby and the kids are welcome to it!
Off for a nice soak, with my peppermint tea and book that I've nearly finished have to reccomend it Trust Me by Lesley Pearce, excellent read haven't been able to put it down.
Night all.
Kam xxx

Hi peeps
Don't fret over the sarnie Kam - a little bit of what you fancy does you good (as the saying goes!) And hats off to you for resisting the Italian choccy!!

I did another work-out in the gym today. Not as long as Tuesdays' because it was really busy (note to myself: avoid lunch-times at the gym!)
It was full of beautiful, toned, fit young specimins: the males of the species were very much hogging the weights machines - in fact they were very much hogging everything and the only things I managed to get a go on was the treadmill (twice), the rower and two weights machines. My entire work-out was over in forty minutes! Oh well - better than nothing I suppose. I might see if I can manage another session tomorrow.

Right, well I'm off to do some more 'textual analysis' on Jane Eyre :D

Hi wemitts
Just been for my weigh in and lost another 3lb thats 11.5lbs in 2 weeks well chuffed with that really didnt think that I would lose that after such a good week last week but really pleased I have another 2.5lbs to go then that will be my first stone with slimming world.

weight.png

Hi wemitts
Just been for my weigh in and lost another 3lb thats 11.5lbs in 2 weeks well chuffed with that really didnt think that I would lose that after such a good week last week but really pleased I have another 2.5lbs to go then that will be my first stone with slimming world.

weight.png
Well done!! :D that's a great amount with SW, shows your commitment! :D

Kam - i've changed my mobile now.. it does have an answer phone, don't know why it didn't come on. :( I'll PM my new number - i only got the phone yesterday.

((Hugs)) all.

Thanks Purplehugs Im determined to see it through to the end . Well I am a Wemitt and we mean it this time. Thanks again. Tina.

Well done Sheba on your loss.

PH thanks I'll keep an eye out for a PM.

Debbie, not fretting about the sarnie its done and dusted....LOL I should have eaten dust whoops forgot you were on my shoulder!! you must have dosed off after all that exercise!

Well am I hacked off!!! and really upset. Nothing to do with the diet completely off topic but trying to get Sophie out of nappies at night....what a nightmare! She's been out of nappies in the day for nearly 2 years!! now 3 and a half. But can i get her out at night nope. Anyway, for the last 3 nights she has to be frank poo'd in her nappy when I've put her to bed! YUK! so I've had to get her up change her, bath her and change the bed! yes she decided to take off her nappy after and leave it on the bed...hence it was everywhere! Well went up to go to bed at 9.30pm went into check her and she'd done it again! grrrrrrrrr so got her up bathed her changed the bed washed the wall! don't ask and she started getting really angry at me and kept shouting and kicking me at me. I got really upset and shouted at her to stop thats all I shouted STOP IT I mean really shouted...she stopped and just went all quiet, got back into her bed and sobbed. Now I feel really awful. I've never really shouted at her before & I don't smack, normally very calm with her. I went so tuck her in and she pushed me away. Sitting here really crying as feel like an awful mother. But shes only 3 and a half I can't let her get away with screaming at me like she was or being so naughty with this nappy lark. Sorry I just had to get it of my chest as I can't tell hubby he'll go mad that I shouted at her.
Kam x

Kam
You are still not well and Sophie is not well so she is probably more tearful than usual. Don't worry you acted in the sensible way.
Irene xx

Didn't think about that. She came downstairs a few minutes ago and climbed on my lap and said sorry....now I'm really crying I love her so much it hurts...if you all know what I mean! OMG I love my kids they are all wonderful.
Just going to go back up and tuck her in she said she wants to come and sleep in my bed.
Thanks Irene.
Nite all.
Kam xx

Thanks Purplehugs Im determined to see it through to the end . Well I am a Wemitt and we mean it this time. Thanks again. Tina.
We DO! ((hugs))

Didn't think about that. She came downstairs a few minutes ago and climbed on my lap and said sorry....now I'm really crying I love her so much it hurts...if you all know what I mean! OMG I love my kids they are all wonderful.
Just going to go back up and tuck her in she said she wants to come and sleep in my bed.
Thanks Irene.
Nite all.
Kam xx
((hugs))
your kids will know how much you love them! ((hugs))
I agree with Irene but don't beat yourself up.
Big cuddles for you both. x

Thanks for the encouragement and loan of willpower guys, I am still hanging on in there!

Kam, bless your heart honey, kids are so resilliant and your little angel probably wont even remember you shouted in a day or two, as Irene said you are both unwell and your nerves must be shredded with looking after 3 sick kids and being unwell yourself, you really have been through the mill lately hun and so I'm sure you could be forgiven a little shout! Don't let it get you down sweetheart, plenty of cuddles for both of you today and everything will be ok!

A quick (((HUG))) to Barb, hope you and your son are ok today, thinking about you xx

Sorry not stopping to do individual replies, got lots of laundry to do (pah) so will love you all and leave you - take care wemitts xx

Oh Kam, our kids really know how to tug our heartstrings don't they? I know you feel bad about shouting but the thing is you are only human and you had had enough! Quite honestly I think most people would have been cross at the whole deal twice over even if they weren't poorly - which you are. I think it's great that she came down for a cuddle, she has to understand that Mummy has her limits too and that everything is OK really but she has to try to be a good girl.
Don't dwell on it, you sound like a wonderful Mum, your children are very lucky to have you. Lots of love

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your crossed fingers!
Written exam was much worse than expected but oral was much better (I used most of my memorised stuff!) - am hoping they'll balance each other out & I'll get a reasonable mark. Will hear at the end of December.

Going to bed in a min as we have to be at Gatwick for 6.30 so will need to be up around 5ish! :( Can't wait to see Mum, am meeting her at a fave restaurant for lunch so long as no delays etc.

Kam - chin up & hope you feel better soon. Sophie knows you love her & it was a trying situation, don't feel bad - you're being a good mother. The worst behaved children are the undisciplined ones these days. (We met Jellybabe at Birmingham Wemitt meet, she had cat problems...)

Mrs T - glad you're feeling better about everything!

Sheba - excellent loss on SW - well done!

Barb - hope you & Chris are feeling better soon!

PH & Irene - thanks so much for your crossed fingers & support this week!

Russian - Well done for all the exercise & have a great time at Uni! I LOVE Jane Eyre but don't like all the plot changes they keep throwing in the current BBC series...

JellyB - only 1 exam & oral, have just finished 3rd year Spanish, 4th year overall of a 6 year part-time Spanish & Maths OU degree. 5th year - pure maths starts in January! Nearly done... only 2 years to go!

Love xxx

Back