General: Week starting Mon 28th August

Welcome back Ann, so pleased you had a wonderful holiday.

Good luck on Monday Kamilla ((hugs))

Jazzy x

Hi WeMITTS

Doh - did it again, posted on last weeks again - dieting is definitely bad for your brain:rolleyes:

Hi All

I have had a few days off and have pages and pages of news to catch up on.

My shopping trip went really well, I went into nearly every shop in Kingston and didn't feel like I was an intruder of the massively obese kind, tried on and bought a few bits with a big silly grin on my face:D. Then I went to dear ol Evans (habit :eek:) and I felt like I shouldn't be in there as I was the smallest in the shop (didn't stop me spending though).

I managed to lose 6 pounds this week so that more than makes up for the pound I gained as week.

A friend of mine had a dream about me at the weekend, apparantly my family clubbed together and bought me a brand spanking new silver covertable car when I reached my goal weight and had it delivered to me in the car park at work - now how do I drop a few hints to them subtly as thats sounds like a smashing idea :rolleyes:

Kids are all still sleeping so I thought I'd check in!!
Got loads done yesterday...labelled every item of school uniform! hemmed up trousers, polished shoes, finished off Summer homework! :eek: I know I shouldn't but poor Toby was struggling to write his autobiography aged 10! Dragged kids to Kingston shopping for a wedding outfit for mates wedding on 23rd Sept as my ebay purchase was faulty! didn't find one so popped up to Watford!, did massive food shop, did a load of Cub stuff on the PC, took in some clothes on my machine for a mate, did wedding favours for another mate, Oh brought a Genie as recommended by Debbie and exhausted fell into bed at 1am! Up at 6am as DH was banging around getting ready to go to work.
So on to today.....once kids up, dressed and fed were off to Brent Cross on that wedding outfit hunt! Looking more and more like I'll be wearing black! But saw a fab long over shirt in Fenwicks that was wedding-y so I think I'm going to get that and team with black linen trousers and black cami. Boring but coat is cream lace so that'll have to do. Really need outfit sorted before Monday as I can't drive then for 6 weeks :eek: (well I shouldn't but did after 2 weeks last time).
Oh on the diet front! Can't do CD from Monday for at least 6 weeks so will be doing either SW or WW in the hope of not gaining too much weight. Typical as I've finally got into CD ssing! 10 days now! Weighed myself this morning and had lost 5lbs since my last weigh in...no weigh in this week with CDC as shes moving in a few hours! (good luck with that Diva). So really want to keepo the loss up. I have CD packs to last me until Tuesday so will keep up ssing until then.
Blah, blah, blah sorry guys abit long winded!
Have a great day.
Kamilla x
P. S Where are all the Wemitts??

I'm here Kami! Hope you are ok, you sound very virtuous with your labelling, hemming etc... I seem to be a bit off the boil at the moment. Not too badly but not as focused as usual. Catch up later. Love

Morning everyone

Kam - sounds like you have a hectic few days!! I still need to get Sophie some school shoes - just call me 'Russiandoll.last-minute.com'!! :D
Cream lace over black linen sounds lovely ... very sophisticated and classy. You'll look the biz on the day!

Guess what I did yesterday wemitts? Well, I promised Sophie I'd take her to The Pyramids in Portsmouth (big swimming pool with flumes etc) and couldn't put it off any longer so we went along with my sister and her kids plus daughter number 3, Liz (19 today!) and her boyfriend.

I fretted over which swimsuit to wear but opted for the size 14 with the little sarong-like flap across the front (great for hiding belly and flabby leg-tops). Anyway, once there, I started to relax as I realised I wasn't the biggest one in the pool (as was the norm in the past) and nobody was paying the slightest bit of notice of me.

Then I started getting a bit braver and .......... I went down a flume!! Yes - ME .... a flume!!! The first ever in my entire life. It was flippin' scary as this one was pitch black inside and I was tossed this way and that but what a buzz!

Well, that was it ... I instantly reverted back to my childhood when I swam all the time: I was doing handstands in the water, somersaults, swimming under my 10 year old's legs (without knocking her over!) and had races across the pool. I said to my sister it was like I've been asleep for years and now I'm starting to wake up.

At one point, I glanced up to the spectators balcony and saw an overweight woman sitting next to a pile of coats looking hot and bothered. A short while ago, that would have been me :( But things have changed! :D

Seeing the weight loss is great .... but experiencing the 'life gain' is even better! :)

OMG that is amazing :D

Life is fun isn't it and I hope you'll have the courage to challenge any other worries you might have because you might just surprise yourself again :D

Next stop Romsey Rapids then that big pool by WestQuay (I've not been there yet)

The world is your lobster :D :D :D

Oh Debbie, I knew there was a water baby in there waiting to get out - that's why you have the swimsuit purchasing obsession, tee hee. Great to hear you enjoyed yourself, freedom is what you are experiencing, freedom to be normal. I know what you mean about realising that people aren't looking at you; it' s lovely isn't it, to just blend in, be one of the ordinary folk in all the best ways. My heart goes out to the coat lady, we've all been there haven't we? Makes you want to shout from the rooftops, JOIN MINMINS AND YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, well done, I am so happy for you,you really deserve all this fun!

Well done Debbie on the flume - good for you!!!
I went to see CDC yesterday (first time for 3 weeks) Well it seems that my evening meals and wine+++ haven't done much damage at all - perhaps all the walking cancelled them out. Anyway, I had lost 4lbs, so now I am 12 stone exactly. Both my husband and my CDC are telling me I don't need to lose much more weight (despite what the BMI chart says) so I have been advised to do 790 as the first step to stabilisation. Apparently you lose some more weight in the first weeks of stabilisation, so I hope to be about 11 stone at the finish - will have to adjust goal weight on my tracker. This is very scary, I had got "used" to SS and had a familiar routine. The world of food now has to be tackled - though not the world of wine, just yet!! My size 14 jeans fit nicely now, so I don't want to be too much thinner "at my age"! Will keep up the work at the gym though, I feel so much better for it. My body fat is 32% now - God alone knows what it was at the start, at BMI 55 I think it was. Keep up the good work all you lovely WeMitts. Ann xxx

Well its week four for me this week. Not managed to get weighed on Monday as it was a bank holiday, so have got to wait till next week. Hope it's a good one! Diet is still going well and seem to be right into it now.
have noticed a couple of my t shirts are a little baggier then they used to be so thats a good sign.

Ann I love reading your posts. You have done so well. I really hope I can do as well as you.

I've decided to do something in the evenings and have signed up for a Spanish course. Start it in three weeks. I'd eventually like to live in northern Spain, when I retire (a few years yet!) so thought I had better learn the language. Losing the extra weight will give me a bit more confidence to speak in class :)

Hope everyone is managing ok.

Pam.

Hi everyone

Just wasted my lunch pack I really can't drink it. I bought some pysllium husk powder today and put it in my chicken and mushroom soup. Well not to put a delicate angle on it - it looks like something that came out of your nose when you have a bad cold its all congely and thick and if you lift the spoon out it gloops out after it - YUK. Any pysllium husk takers out there can you tell me what I did wrong or is this really how you "eat" your soups etc.

Back from yet another marathon shopping trip!

Didn't get the cream lace coat I was after :( the size 20 was massive! and the 16 was too tight no 18's left! But did get another lacy coat which is brown, green, mustard, black & cream with a green crushed green velvet collar and a lovely flower on the lapel. So got it bargin at £49.50! down from wait for it £149.50!!! Gob smacked! but very happy. Just need trousers, cami, shoes & bag now! Debating black or brown?

Debbie....well done on the swim and in a 14 too! I love those flumes went on some the other week with the kids at Windsor like you never thought I would again. Your girls must be loving their new slim and fit Mum. I proud of you.

Ann....fantastic news that you had such a brill time in Italy and still managed to lose weight! Blimey your so near goal! :D

Jelly....the husks take some getting used to, maybe you put too much in?

Barb....yep I'm a busy bee! Tomorrow I'll be spring cleaning my house!!

Everyone else keep up the good work.

Kamilla xx

Thanks Kam I only put a heaped teaspoon in, I read on here that people were putting 2 and 3 teaspoons in:eek:, I will give it another go tomorrow evening but only use a small bit but I think perhaps I will just stick to the tablets - trouble with them is that I keep forgetting to take them 30/60 mins before my meal but given a choice at this moment in time I know which one I would choose.

Where abouts do you live if you were shopping in Kingston. I wasn't in yesterday I went on Saturday.

Sounds like you got a real bargin with your coat £100 off is incredible even if it was in the sales. It sounds gorgeous as well, you will have to post a piccie after the wedding.

Jelly....I live in Ruislip. But my Uncle lives near the Bentalls Centre. So I pop over that way shopping and visiting sometimes.
Coat was a fantatastic bargin but there was 75% off all the sale stuff! So loads bargins to be had....would have prefered the cream one but fed up with looking so this will be fine.
Good luck with the husks. I've just finished my pot but no point in ordering another yet as no CDing for at least 6 weeks now :(.
Kamilla x

Hi all Wemitts

Ann - What a fab weigh in result for you. I spoke to my CDC this morning about taking a planned break in January and your results prove that it can be done without jepodising all of the hard work. Good luck with the 790 plan.

Debbie - I get more and more envious every time you post. It sounds like you had a great time. I would love to go swimming and can't wait for the magical day to arrive.... a confidence thing again:( !!!!

Well everyone had my weigh in this morning and lost 4lbs. I'm so excited as this now means I have 96lbs to lose.... I'm in double figures :D :D ......... Hooray. I know I still have a long way to go but I have gone from having over 200 lbs to lose to double figures!!!!!!! I have never been so proud of changing my weight tracker.

Hope all Wemitts are having a good day

Jazzy xx

Hey hon!

Chin up - you're doing really well! You're carrying around 124 less packets of butter. Think how you'd look with that hefted on your back & think how far you've come. Good luck with the SS my dear.

You help everyone so much, you need to know how much we all appreciate you!

Love xxx

Back