[Generic newbie thread title]

DeadTomato

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Becky, I'm 20, and I live in Bournemouth where I study photography at the AUCB, though I split my time between there, Brighton (family) and Edinburgh (boyfriend).

I've been overweight near enough since I can remember, apart from for about 2 years, when I lost about 4st in as many months back when I was 15 (which I gradually piled back on, especially after starting uni). If only I had that kinda willpower now, eh?

I have been trying and failing to lose weight again constantly since then and always fail. I have been promising myself I'll be smaller for so long that I haven't gone out and bought new clothes (which i so desperately need) in a couple of years simply because every time I go out clothes shopping (especially for jeans, I have disproportionately large hips) it literally ends in tears.

This time, however, I am determined that I will do it. I've already been off to a good start, and having my supportive boyfriend in tow both to encourage me and diet with me has helped hugely. The main aim is to be able to fit back into my beautiful size 12 polkadot a-line dress, and then fill my wardrobe with many many more similar 50's style dresses. I'm fed up of being stuck in baggy t-shirts and jeans that just make my legs look dumpier than they already are (as if they needed that), and I know that somewhere beneath my chub I've got some killer curves crying to be shown off!

So there's me :)

Also, I just wanted to say after a bit of mild lurking, that you are all beautiful and inspiring people, regardless of the degree of success that you have had with your journey. Best of luck to all of you and I look forward to getting to know you!

Hello, welcome to Minimins!

You sound very positive and determined to lose weight, which is a great attitude to start out with. Must be lovely to have your boyfriend supporting you through this as well. This forum is great for support and encouragement as well, so you've definitely got all the tools you need for a great journey!

You'll have to post a photo of you in your polka dot dress when you're at target, it sounds lovely. Good luck with your weight loss, I look forward to seeing you around the boards :D

welcome becky :) im just down the road in southampton
good luck hun xx

Welcome to the forum and good luck with ww.

Hi Becky

Hi, just wanted to say good luck with Weight Watchers and post back with how you are doing. I'm new, only signed up today, but we have a similar goal weight and a similar height and I also have a size 12 dress I'm using as motivation so I thought I'd say hi!

I'm hoping chatting to other people going through the same thing will keep me on track.

Good luck xxx

wishing you lots of luck! :)

Hi Becky, :welcome2: to the forums hun! Well, what can I say, I can truely identify with everything you said in your post and most of what you said feels like I said it, even down to you wanting to fit back into your favourite clothes - that is one of my main goals too - to fit into my old size 12s which are crammed into my wardrobe!

Jeans shopping - agghh - don't even go there. Although if you've noticed the zips in jeans are a lot shorter now and these damn skinny jeans that are all the fashion are so small that I wouldn't have even fitted into the things when I was at my thinnest (9 st) :eek:

Anyway I hope to see you around and maybe have a chat with you seeing as you've got such similar outlooks and problems as me. Good luck and chat soon! :) X

PS. Also, you lost that weight once and you CAN do it again! Maybe you could come join us girls in one of our challenge threads?

hi becky, my names lou, im new here too and live in worthing so not far from you! you sound so positive about your journey, i might have to borrow some of that as i can be the worlds worst defeatist :( heres to size 12 dresses (for you) and size 12 karen millen trousers (for me!) xxx

hi becky, my names lou, im new here too and live in worthing so not far from you! you sound so positive about your journey, i might have to borrow some of that as i can be the worlds worst defeatist :( heres to size 12 dresses (for you) and size 12 karen millen trousers (for me!) xxx
Every time you feel like you're getting your defeatist head on hun, you come on here and we'll soon get rid of that! Support and motivation all the way so make sure you do that! :)

Hi Becky and :welcome: to the forums - you sound really motivated and determined which will really help you!
Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Back