Genuinely not trying to be offensive or controversial in any way but

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Are there many of you actually doing TS 100% and if so where are you hiding? :)

I'm a little confused by exante as I entered it thinking it as being the same as say, lipitrim, where in that forum it's all or nothing and any mentions of having a planned break/ eating etc people are told off (not nastily - in a supportive, people don't want others to fail type way) or are advised that perhaps another diet would be better for them. It's seems that the opinion is if your doing a 100% tfr diet that you should do just that - that planning or just having meals is just being mean to yourself as you're kicking yourself out of ketosis/ not refeeding properly and after putting yourself through the notoriously difficult few days it's all pointless really.

I find that a lot on here and on other sites having things other than packs isn't seen as a problem at all and In finding it so confusing. I belong to an exante thread on another site, with about 20 people saying their on TS but having a meal most days, milk, a few glasses of wine at the weekend. One lady just said she decided to have a large curry with her dh last night and doesn't see it as a problem, she still considers herself as being on TS.

Again, I'm so confused. What makes exante different? Is it because it has options like working solution and simple solution and people just get confused by the titles or is it because unlike other vlcds an add a meal week is allowed so therefore it's technically not as strict?

I completely understand that different methods and plans work for each individual and am not for one second referring to anyone's choices but I'm finding it really difficult to find others not eating (like lipotrim for eg) and would love that kind of support also, i feel like I'm after missing something obvious or different about exante - could anyone explain it to me? Has anyone else noticed this?

I think because WS is an option people choose to have a WS day sometimes instead of risking coming off plan completely
I am on TS completely (no food at all no coke no bouillon) planning on staying on it until goal (another 2 stone to go) but it's bloody hard work :) sometimes wish I could just have a bit of protein to help but need to get this weight off ASAP :)

Hi Nikki,
Yes Im on it 100% too, had an add a meal week like it recommends, and a couple of slips where Ive had to add a bit of protein (only twice in 40 days!...and it was tuna...very sad I know craving tuna!!) so yes some of us out there!
I actually like the structure where I only have a choice of ...3 things a day...makes it easier for me.
First time Ive done a vlcd and must admit been a great option to stop me having to battle with choices.

I completely understand what you mean about needing to get it off asap!

Actually that makes perfect sense now that you've pointed it out! - the option of ws instead of going completely off the wagon. Delighted to hear there's someone else - was finding it so hard to find someone that I was genuinely thinking of switching diets to a different tfr.

Anyone having a curry and wine is plain taking the p*** if they think they're doing TS.

There are a lot of people doing it 100% but if you're doing it properly there's less to comment on. You don't need advice on points syns etc. It's straight forward 3 packs and that's it.

It tends to be people struggling who post more 'help' threads others just get their head down and get on

There's a 'honk' thread for all the 100% people :)

Starlight said:
Anyone having a curry and wine is plain taking the p*** if they think they're doing TS.

There are a lot of people doing it 100% but if you're doing it properly there's less to comment on. You don't need advice on points syns etc. It's straight forward 3 packs and that's it.

It tends to be people struggling who post more 'help' threads others just get their head down and get on

There's a 'honk' thread for all the 100% people :)

True on both counts
Wine and curry have no place on exante
And I always had more to comment on when not TS you know food choices how they affect your weight etc on TS you are doing all you can so if the scales don't move there is nothing you can do about it and I for one am not a fan of writing:
Day 1: 2 choc shakes, 1 vanilla shake
Day 2: 1 vanilla shake, 2 choc shakes
Lol

Hi there!

I am doing 100% TS

Nothing added.

Thought about doing the add a meal week which Exante recommends - but had one meal and decided I wanted to stick to just the packs.

So, there are some of us here as you can see!

Very valid point about nothing much to post when doing TS.

I have a diary, but it is very boring!! Must be so, because hardly anyone posts on it except me!

When on lipotrim and Cambridge diet I stuck to it 100% but when I changed to exante I seemed to struggle alot. I think maybe having nobody to answer to (councillor or pharmacist) means if people do eat and put a bit on they can just change their weigh in day to suit them selves and give them the extra few days to get the gain back off? That's just a theory that I came up with when trying to work out why i was struggling more on exante than when on lipotrim and Cambridge diet. I would deffo try harder to 'please' my mentor when i should have been doing it for ME. I also used to think the teeny bit extra carbs in exante was making it harder to get into ketosis and there fore I was hungrier but iv realised now that isnt the case. Searching for excuses has really annoyed me and I'm now trying to just keep my head down and get on with it as starlight said. And as carly (dustqueen) mentioned it's gotta be better to get it done ASAP with no faffing about and dragging it out. I lost 80lb in my 1st 5 months (2 month lipotrim 3 exante) and I used to think it was a breeze but one day I hit a wall and then even though I had every intention to be 100% ts I kept falling off the wagon. Doing 3 days on 2 days off and it frustrated the hell out of me which then made me feel like a failure and I just ate for comfort. It's a viscous cycle for some of us, especially those that have been big most of our lives. I know a few of us get a decent amount of weight off and although we are not totally happy or at goal the urgency we once felt to lose weight kind of subsides and we just want to enjoy our new shape. I took 10 weeks to get my head back in gear and back to ts and I had gained half a stone in that time. I WANT to lose 3 more stones. Who knows if I'll make it ts but I can only do my best.
Some people just can't mentally stick it out. If only we had a magic wand that could make us stop doing something we have done all our lives 'eat'. Will power and self control are deffo needed on TFR and that's something we have to work hard within ourselves to achieve.

Well done to you and everyone else that can stick 100% for the long term. People used to say i was an Inspiration for those that aspire to do the same. But I took for granted that state of mind I had back in January - june and wish I could have held on to it because I could have been at goal by now.

All the best. Love muffy xx

Last edited:
"my names wannabeaslimjim im a foodaholic but ive been clean off food 49 days no food no other drink but Exante Packs and water "

im here ive been TS 100% since day 1 :D tomorrow is week 6 WI :D

I'm doing it TS...and I do plan on doing AAM week, simply as it's advised you do and it helps your metabolism. I think some people do TS for so many days then WS.

I definitely won't be having curry and wine ;)

I am almost as the end of week 4. I consider myself as 100%, however I have been to friends for a couple of dinners, but they made me a Ketosis friendly dinner and I stuck to water to drink.

Alcohol is a huge no no on a Ketosis diet, they could seriously do themselves damage doing that!

i have been total food replacement 100% since 9th august i wouldnt dare have a meal/cheat because im doing well at the min so there are a good few out there and if you ever need any support hun just shout or you can pm me ill try my best to help you out xx

You're only advised to do total TFR for 12 weeks at a time, which is why LL, CD extra then have your AAM week. For those of us with lots of weight to lose / lost, I don't think it would have been healthy for me to stick rigidly to TS from day 1. I have done TS for several months at a time. But as I'm getting closer to goal, one of the reasons I started doing more WS was to help me to start adjusting back to food - which one day I will have to do, and to help me to start the learning process - I guess I also just got plain bored of packs! (I started this journey 11 months ago.) I'm back doing TS a bit again now, to try and get through these last couple of stone quickly.

This forum is for anyone following Exante, which includes TS, WS, SS etc - there is a TS subsection where food talk is not allowed - but as others have said, curry, wine etc will only be occuring when someone is struggling on Exante - they're not going to be forming part of any of the Exante plans.

I try my hardest to remain TS... but I guess I am a WS kind of girl :eek::D
Again, though, wine and curry are never ever included on WS days.... only on days that I have planned to be off plan ;)

I have been 100% sice the first of August - I don't understand the ppl who keep eating stuff either but only because I am an all or nothing type and I know if I started eating random bits and bobs I would give up.

I have just come to the end of AAM which I did because they suggest we do it - I was really worried about eating and for the first few days I didn't eat the entire meal because I couldn't face it. I have been bad and only had two packs most days which I guess defeats the entire AAM idea really and i am not suggesting anyone else do the same as me - I skipped them for the simple reason I couldn't drink them as I was full. I had a very upset stomach the week before and the little bit of food seems to have at least solved that problem!

I am now back to 100% for another 4 weeks until next AAM (the only thing I have other than packs and water is dr pepper zero and the odd cup of bouillon - no food at all)

But I will say we all have to find our own way, this works for me but if someone else needs a little extra to get through it and is still losing weight then good for them ;)

I have been 100% TS since the day I started Exante 2-6-11. This is the first time I have found a VLCD that suits me and I find easy. I decided not to do the AAM week as I wanted to lose as much as possible before my hols at end of Oct. As from beginning of Oct I intend to do WS and gradually get back to eating before I go. Unfortunately can't take my sachets with me but intend to keep off the carbs. Away for 5 weeks so will start WS again on return until after Xmas then I'm going back TS until I get to goal.
I know its recommended to do the AAM week but I feel fine and while I do I've just been carrying on.
Can anyone tell us if its unwise to carry on doing this without doing AAM or is it just personal preference?

I think the monthly AAM in Exante is them covering themselves because they don't have counsellors as a part of their service who can spot a problem developing (malnutrition-wise) before it becomes a real problem. By recommending that every 4 weeks you eat a balanced meal for a week before going back to TS they have covered themselves from the risks of litigation in the event that someone does something with their product that eventually ends up with them in a hospital (or worse!) because of keeping to TS for a whole 10 years (unlikely, I know!) or something.

The vast majority of people who are healthy and not taking any regular medications for anything probably won't come to any harm by not taking the AAM week. I think people who are on regular medications or who have a chronic illness would probably benefit from taking a week out to make sure they're not putting their body through too much, especially if this is being done without consulting a GP and therefore without regular check-ups or (if appropriate) blood tests to make sure the levels of salts in your blood are staying within a healthy range.

Assuming that isn't the case then it's down to personal preference. I probably will have an AAM after week 5 because that's my birthday week and I'd like my OH to be able to treat me somehow, even if it's just taking me out for sushi. Also, I need to start learning to build a sense of healthy portion control sometime, right?

Nice post, Cybill. Let ye who is without sin, cast the first stone!

People who eat when on any SS TFR programme are human. They would just love to stick to it 100%, but there are times when they struggle. At those times they eat a bit more and then, the next day, they get back on plan.

Exante, like any other diet plan, should be the slave, not the master. How a person uses the diet day to day is up to them! I am finding it rather hard to take in the extremely judgemental comments on this thread. We are, all of us, only one tiny slip away from 'not doing' TS or SS or whatever.

There are people 'doing TS' who are constantly slipping, sometimes for days and weeks at a time. But if they TS most of the time, they will get there. The diet is not the boss. The dieter must be in the driving seat, and the captain of their own soul.

Please spare a thought for strugglers who pick themselves up again, and keep going, no matter what.

girlygirl1 said:
Nice post, Cybill. Let ye who is without sin, cast the first stone!

People who eat when on any SS TFR programme are human. They would just love to stick to it 100%, but there are times when they struggle. At those times they eat a bit more and then, the next day, they get back on plan.

Exante, like any other diet plan, should be the slave, not the master. How a person uses the diet day to day is up to them! I am finding it rather hard to take in the extremely judgemental comments on this thread. We are, all of us, only one tiny slip away from 'not doing' TS or SS or whatever.

There are people 'doing TS' who are constantly slipping, sometimes for days and weeks at a time. But if they TS most of the time, they will get there. The diet is not the boss. The dieter must be in the driving seat, and the captain of their own soul.

Please spare a thought for strugglers who pick themselves up again, and keep going, no matter what.

Exactly!

I've struggled on and off for a year (I did have a 3 month total break) some days TS is easy other days the binger inside me breaks out BUT I've still loads a hell of a load of weight, so what's the problem? So what if I have a meal here or there, so what if I'm not totally living on 3 packs! It's working and I'd rather be kinda TS and lose weight than be stuck in the rut, binge eating like I was.
Some people may say I'm not doing a TFR diet, me I say I am!!!

Back