Genuinely not trying to be offensive or controversial in any way but

I think it is unfair for people to judge how others get a result - if you are losing weight safely that is all that really matters. I am not judging anyone who is on this diet and slips because it is damn hard to keep going with just 3 packs a day and everyone else around you is eating. I just don't give in because fear of not getting back into it stops me doesn't mean I don't feel hungry a lot of the time or wish I could have a bit of this or that.

The main thing for all of us is to get to where we want to be and be happy with how we look and feel so no point doing something you can't stick at and giving up better to find a way that works - losing weight is going to make us all healthy and that really is the most important aspect and not if you stick to something 100%

I'm just coming to the end of week one and I've just been on exante soups, shakes and tesco bars (cheapest way - works out at £21 a week :)) I'm hoping to continue this way for the four weeks and then have the AAM which I hope will start to teach me about portion control. However, if I start to struggle with TS, I'll probably switch to WS in order stop me stopping completely. I need to do what's best for me as does everyone else :)

I have to agree with girlygirl - we are all human and denying the body of it most basic need is bloomin hard work. If it wasn't, none of us would be members of this forum now!

This is my first week and I have been TS for the past few days, but last night my body just craved some real food, but this is the thing, I went to the fridge moved all the unhealthy stuff out of the way without even realising it and went for the carb free mackeral. This may not sound like much of an acheivement, and may even make me a failure in the eyes of the die hard TS people, but for me it is real breakthrough as this time last week the craving would have ended in a binge of toast, butter, chocolate & cheese etc. Maybe if I had denied myself the mackeral the craving would have eventually gone away but it could and most probably would had turned into full blown pig out.

I take my hat off to all those people who have the strengh of disipline to go total TS, but for those of us that dip into WS - it's just our way of managing, and as they say:

A LITTLE OF WHAT YOU FANCY DOES YOU GOOD!

....and that mackeral definately helped me last night!

TTIW!

Well done on choosing the fish. It was the very best choice, full of nutrition, and no carbs. This kind of decision is what will help you not only to lose the weight but also to keep it off! Think how far you have come already from the days when your choice would have been a lot less desirable! ha ha.

It is often rigid, inflexible thinking - all or nothing, feast or fast - that got us all fat in the first place.

Maybe Im not reading it properly but I havent seen any judgemental posts on this thread....

I think this diet TS or WS is really hard and anyone who can stick to it deserves a huge pat on the back
I don't think anyone is trying to offend anyone
I say hats off to anyone who uses this diet to lose weight and as everyone says we are human and we slip (myself more than a few dozen times) but as long as the weight is going down who cares
Good luck to you all xxx hope you're all having good losses :D

Anyone having a curry and wine is plain taking the p*** if they think they're doing TS.

There are a lot of people doing it 100% but if you're doing it properly there's less to comment on. You don't need advice on points syns etc. It's straight forward 3 packs and that's it.

It tends to be people struggling who post more 'help' threads others just get their head down and get on

There's a 'honk' thread for all the 100% people :)

Starlight, I think that what you have written is rather judgemental. It's just not very nice, to be frank.

And many others, having read this thread all the way through, knew exactly what I meant and agreed with me.

I did not wish to single anyone out but you are obviously seeking to challenge what I wrote.

I have long experience of several VLCDs. Mostly Cambridge. I first tried it in the early 1980s. Lost half my body weight - later regained it all plus more, as so many do to this very day. I did this several times over the years. So did many of my friends. We really did try hard to maintain afterwards. We all failed, alas.

I used CD to lose three of ten lost stones only a few years ago, before choosing vegetarian Atkins for maintenance. In fact I even used CD for a while last year, to see if I could combine packs and Atkins meals. I found this less effective than I'd hoped it would be, so I abandoned the attempt. But I certainly don't rule it out at some future point, as a maintenance tool.

I would guess that a vast number of people on this site are currently using, or have in the recent and distant past used, VLCDs. We know what we are talking about because we speak of our own personal experiences. One does not have to be on a VLCD at this exact minute to have an informed opinion - bearing in mind that opinion is subjective and we can only ever speak for ourselves.

As I said the most fervent TS or SS-er is only a tiny slip - a heartbeat - away from not doing it 'properly'. So long as the dieter is still losing and is happy with their progress, why on earth would anyone else, also heavily overweight and desperate to lose the surplus, even think to comment on that dieter? Criticising others for not doing it the way they 'should' is negative and does not help anyone. It is just not supportive, whatever else it may be.

Im sorry how on earth can someone having a curry and wine then be seen as sticking 100% to a TFR diet?????????

How is saying that being judgemental. Im not criticising anyone for not sticking to the plan 100% - few of us do but come on youre not by any stretch of the imgination sticking 100% to a VLCD/TFR diet if youre eating a curry and wine

For the record I was in NO way challenging you I was merely puzzled as to what you were referring. I still cant quite see what I said that 'wasnt nice' :confused:

Last edited:
I can't remember who it was that said about AAM weeks... but it is recommended that you do as it keeps your metabolism going, it will give it a kick start. It does help you to loose weight by having a switch for that short period, your body can become used to things too..sometimes on AAM week you make STS or gain 1lb or just loose 1-2lbs instead of 3-4lbs however the week after AAM a large number of people have had a better loss.

I know at least a handful that lost a minimum of 4.5lbs that week and some 7lbs that week So it would be worth you doing it for this reason as well as health wise too :)

Without wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs - Mmmmmm eggs (in a homer simpson type voice), we all know the scientific solution to weight loss is less calories in versus more calories out, and yes I do know and have years of first hand experience that this is far easier said than done no matter how true it is

This said, Exante also works on this theory as anyone only eating this few amount of calories per day should loose weight, even if you only ate 600 calories of pure carbs each day, you would still lose weight.

The difference between all VLCD and just eating 600 cal of normal food per day is the it would by nye on impossible to get you required RDA with the normal food, but it is already there in your 3 packs per day.

What I suppose I am trying to say, is that we will all have to return to normal food at some point and the issues surrounding it will still be there when this time arrives, unless they are addressed along the way.

My own personal worry is that if I avoid food completely until I reach my target, I will become scared of returning to it and fear it will put me back to where I started, and that is why I will allow myself the odd healthy food to help me educate myself for a slim, healthy and dare I say tastey future.

Sorry, but re-reading this I seem to have gone a bit off track

Back