George Foreman Grill

katkarg

I really want to get a George Foreman Grill but there are so many to choose from I dont know what to get, any recommendations?

Was thinking of:

George Foreman 13622 Health Grill and Melt £39.97

George Foreman 14066 Removable Plates Grill £29.97

George Foreman 13628 Junior Grill £29.97

I am looking on the Tesco Direct site but are they cheaper elsewhere? :confused:

Did you try Argos??

We got the one with all the different plates and only ever use the grill plates, the others have been gathering dust for the past 2yrs.

I had a removeable plate one which was never very good as it didn't get as hot as the non removeable plate ones. When I took it back to Argos they said the complaint was really common and hence I swapped it.

I do like the George Foreman BUT depends on what you are going to cook on it, I find it dries a lot of food out very quickly (especially fish and vegetables) which is why it currently is on top of the cupboard!

Mike

That's true Icemoose, nothing like leathery chicken breasts from the George lol.

I do like it, but prefer the steamer, the food holds it's flavour better.

Exactly!! I find the steamer is in use a lot lot more!

And I then do fish in foil on the top of the vegetables in that and it is much nicer.

Mike

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: sorry was just passin x was the fish that did it

Thankyou guys now even more confused, need to start a new thread:

George Foreman Grill or Steamer and which one???? :gen147:

Ha ha

::brainfart:

i have the one with the removable plates - I'ts fab cos you can put them in the dishwasher - but not so fab cos it takes forever.

Courgettes took me about quarter of an hour when my chicken was getting a bit on the crunchy side!

I'm not sure it is better than a conventional grill though, and I know that it controversial.

Steam your cod above cauliflower and thyme.

It's yummy.

Passing sue a napkin, dry your chin, its not ladylike lol.
I have a bog standard tesco grill thing. Nothing fancy on it, just a grill, press the top onto the bottom - it grills. Its very basic, but does a fab job, I do find that it tends to go a bit slow when its own internal thermostat gets a bit warm. But its still ok.
In the past I have done massive mushrooms on it and they come out lovely, specially if you leave the gunge (i know it sounds horrible) the gunge from the day befores chicken or meat on the grills, it sort of gives things an extra bit of flavour without any fat. I dont mean leave fat on it, just that burnt stuff, its lovely.
Lynne x

You are right Lynne, it does sound horrible but I bet it tastes lovely! I can't wait until my 810 week so I can have some lovely dry chicken! I love dry chicken...never used to eat it with anything on it anyway!!! I will definitely be investing in a steamer now though after reading this thread. Fish and thyme sounds gorgeous!!!! x

i like them both depend wat im cookin ...love veg and fish in the steamer but i also like steak and some meats done on the george forman ..if its 1 or the other defo the steamer youll get more use i think from that xx

have you got a tj hughes near you? i got mine from there a few years ago and it was a massive one and was only £29

Back