Gertys atkins journey

so i am taking the big jump into the world of atkins, i will be starting on tuesday 9th october 2012. i am armed with my shopping list for the morning.
really looking forward to the journey :)

Welcome Gerty - you'll love this way of eating - and this forum is great!

Post your menus here and all the experts (people who have tried and succeeded on low carb0 will be more than happy to help :)

Susie

Hi and welcome:)

Hi Gerty,,

Good luck on your Journey. We are all Routing for you. :)

Hi Gerty, welcome to atkins, hope your first day is going well, remember to eat enough so that you don't get hungry and get tempted by non atkins friendly food.

thanks everyone, today has gone extremely well apart from the £180 shop in tesco lol, got some nice meat though :) .

b: ham and eggs
L: watercress, rocket, olives, bacon,mushrooms(fried in lurpak) and feta cheese
D: chicken with mayo and parmasan (off the recipe section :) ) with brocolli and sprouts (i am addicted to sprouts)

ive drank gallons of water, running to the loo every 20 mins, and had a couple of black coffees this morning.

normally by this time ive eaten a big tea and im in the kitchen making a shed load of toast, but i can honnestly say im not craving anything hurray ;)

oh and Kat1e im following you on twitter :eek:)

Well done on the first day. Cost seems to mitigate over time, I find that I am not spending much more now, meat can be expensive but veg isn't and without all the "rubbish" it all even out.

Found you on twitter too:)

Day 1 menu sounds fab Gerty - I am going to make that bacon feta thing for my own lunch tomorrow!

And great to see all the leafy greens in there - will really help you lose :)

How you feeling today?

Hi Gerty, looks like you had a great first day on Atkins! And I agree with Sammy, the cost does seem to even out somewhat over time, though it will never be as cheap as living on a diet of refined carbs.

Hope you're enjoying day 2! :D

I stock up every so often - costs a fortune at the time but then I live very cheaply for the next few weeks until I've polished it off. Seems to work out.

day 2
b:the plan was bacon that i'd cooked last night, but the bloody kids had eaten it before i got to the fridge lol, so i tried a MIM but i flattened it out to make it toast shape, toasted it and had it with lurpak....ive had a real good read on the forum so i am only going to have 1 a week, or maybe 2 as it really was yum, and bread really is my down fall.
L :ham and hard boiled egg salad( bought my son an egg boiler so they were super speedy to make) lettuce, cucumber and rocket, and mayo
D:2 pork steaks with broccoli and sprouts covered in cheese sauce(off the recipe bit) omg it was devine.

of course drank lots of water throughout the day, and had a couple of coffees this morning(black)

i was so suprised how fantastic i felt today,i was amazed how not starving i was, i know in the past trying ww and sw ive been always thinking about what i can have to eat next, and really did used to stuff my face hence why im a fatty bum :).

and i know next week i will be doing my shop at aldi, i just get the urge everyso often to go shopping at tesco and always complain about how much i spend.

so onwards and upwards, and im loving reading everyones diary, i may get to sit down and comment one day.....off to do a bit of knitting....its oh so rock and roll :)

Hey gerty, hope all going well:)

well ive had no internet so havent been able to get on here, but good news is i lost 10lb in my first week :) . confession time though, ive had the last 2 days with no option but to eat bread etc, and i feel absolutely pants, so home late tonight and back ontrack tomorrow, one good thing is i realise how much carbs effect me...so onwards and upwards i go.

Well done on the loss, and good luck with the food for the weekend.

Excellent week one loss Gerty!

And I know you'll get back on track - preparation is the key for me, if I don't take stuff with me I am too easily tempted by all things carbs! :)

Back