Get Fit and Step it Out for 2008! RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

It is the time of year to make some New Year Resolutions and one of mine is to get fit!

Walking is one of my favourite ways to get fit as I find it helps with every part of my body and mind.

So it is time dust off my Omron pedometer:)

I am starting next Monday (Getting over the flu:sick:)

You are welcome to start now:)

If you would like to join in, please post your name on here and steps you have done for the day!:chores016:

Love Mini xx

Last edited:
Hi Mini, it is great that you made some new year resolutions and I wish you so much luck! Tell us about the process.
Anyways I think there are quite many people saying: I am going to start losing weight/exercising/smoking/... next week. I think this is wrong. If you really want to do something and reach a goal you should start right now. Otherwise you might say again and again that you are starting tomorrow. I guess everybody has already experienced a situation like this :)

Hi Sam,

I think it is best to keep it simple.

Anyday you have your pedometer on then post here the steps you have recorded and at the end of the week we will do a tally for each person and see how each of us has done for the week. Then month and it will be interesting to see what the tally is for the year for each of us and all together...

Anyone can join in at anytime...

It is interesting I find to see how our fitness level improves.

Dizzy did one last year and it was very popular.

As for starting today, I would if I could:)

Love Mini xxx

I see what Sam is saying - sometimes if people say "I will start next week" they are putting off changing so that they can have one more week with their current habits. This generally indicates they aren't ready to change - cos if they were, they'd start immediately.

On the other hand, putting a date on it can really allow you to plan. What do you need in order to get ready? If you're planning to start a new exercise routine, for example, you would want to make sure you knew where your trainers and your gym gear and your water bottle were, whether you need to book an induction, or see your doc, or research anything in advance. You'd want to think of everything you need, so that it doesn't get to the day and you don't start because you don't like to work out without music and you can't find your ipod.

Both approaches are valid! If you're a planner, you might want to set a date, otherwise you might feel overwhelmed at starting something without planning it out in advance. If you're someone who would rather jump straight in, it's usually best to do just that, otherwise you run the risk of losing interest.

:)

Hey Mini

I am trying to walk every day for a hour, I hope you feel better soon, Good health is more inportant than anything. When you feel better jump right in .I hope more people join because I can use some exercise Buddies.

Hi all

I have been using a pedometer now since 1 September last year and I have worn it every day. Now I aim to walk for one hour minimum or perhaps 10,000 steps. Occasionally I do not manage this but it has become a bit of a habit(a habity that I am pleased to say is beneficial).

The pedometer is really motivating! It is worth giving it a go. I find that the walking time is great for processing "STUFF" and clawing back some headspace and reducing the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS.

Daisydee x

Hi!
I think this is such a great idea for a forum, I wanted to try the lipotrim diet, but I was advised eating healthily and exercising would probably be much better for me.
I think it makes you more motivated as well if your part of a group of people trying to get fit, and hopefully I'll stick to my resolutions this time round!
I really want to lose 2 and a half stone by the end of the year, which is 35 pounds, and if I do that I will be the perfect weight for my height.
I'm going to aim to walk for an hour four times a week, and then if I can build it up I'll try and do more.
I'm going to get a pedometer at the weekend, but as Kate said above the best time to start something new is now, so I'll have a healthy dinner and then go on a long walk tomorrow.
I'm also going to only weigh myself and take measurement once a fortnight so I don't get disheartened by not losing pounds and pounds immediately.
Good Luck Everyone
xxxxx

Hi eriiney :)

I wanted to try the lipotrim diet, but I was advised eating healthily and exercising would probably be much better for me.

Sounds perfect :) You'll soon have that weight off :clap:

Very best of luck to you and do keep us updated :)

Hey eriiney! That sounds like a great, sensible approach. Don't forget, if your goal is to lose 35 pounds by the end of the year, it doesn't need to come off super fast, so you're dead right not to dwell on the numbers on the scales - if you lost 1lb a week you'd still get to goal well before the end of the year.

My top tip for exercise is to make sure it's fun. If you're enjoying it, you'll keep doing it!

Keep us posted, cos one of the best ways to keep yourself motivated is to have people to share your achievements with. :)

Thanks for all the replies :)
I went for an hour walk on Saturday and then a two hour walk today, but I think from now on I'm going to stick with hour long walks, two hours exhausts me!! I have a party coming up in February, and although I won't have lost much weight for then, it would be nice to lose a bit, so I am determined to get at least five walks a week in!
Everything is going ok so far,
thanks again for replying!
Good luck to everyone, hope you're all ok :D x

Can I join?

I've been wearing my pedometer since the New Year, but a challenge like this should keep me more consistent (this week my daily totals have varied between 3,000 & 13,000!).

Can I join?

I've been wearing my pedometer since the New Year, but a challenge like this should keep me more consistent (this week my daily totals have varied between 3,000 & 13,000!).

Hi Wibbly Pit,

Welcome on board!

Excellent steps!!!

At the end of each day post what steps you have done for the day!

I think we will stick with this thread.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for all the replies :)
I went for an hour walk on Saturday and then a two hour walk today, but I think from now on I'm going to stick with hour long walks, two hours exhausts me!! I have a party coming up in February, and although I won't have lost much weight for then, it would be nice to lose a bit, so I am determined to get at least five walks a week in!
Everything is going ok so far,
thanks again for replying!
Good luck to everyone, hope you're all ok :D x

Hi eriiney,

Well done!

I think you are best to stick with the one hour and over time increase the distance you cover for that hour. I find if you over do it, it gets hard to face it again.

Five times a week would be very good and your level of fitness will come up.

Well done.

One mile is equal to 2000 steps!

So if you know how many miles your walking you can figure out how many steps your doing.

Love Mini xxx

Hey Mini

I am trying to walk every day for a hour, I hope you feel better soon, Good health is more inportant than anything. When you feel better jump right in .I hope more people join because I can use some exercise Buddies.

Hi all

I have been using a pedometer now since 1 September last year and I have worn it every day. Now I aim to walk for one hour minimum or perhaps 10,000 steps. Occasionally I do not manage this but it has become a bit of a habit(a habity that I am pleased to say is beneficial).

The pedometer is really motivating! It is worth giving it a go. I find that the walking time is great for processing "STUFF" and clawing back some headspace and reducing the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS.

Daisydee x

Hi Mini, it is great that you made some new year resolutions and I wish you so much luck! Tell us about the process.
Anyways I think there are quite many people saying: I am going to start losing weight/exercising/smoking/... next week. I think this is wrong. If you really want to do something and reach a goal you should start right now. Otherwise you might say again and again that you are starting tomorrow. I guess everybody has already experienced a situation like this :)

Once my doc says i can start my walks again I'm with you :)

Your all welcome!

Post whatever steps you do each day.

If your unfit like me:eek: start off gently and work your way up.

Fay, I hope your better soon.:)

Love Mini xxx

Monday: 10,952

Had a busy day. Won't be as high tomorrow unless I decide to do some indoor exercise.

Monday steps!

Monday: 10,952. Your steps are impressive Wibbly Pig!!!:clap:

I managed to do 900:eek:

I have a long way to go to catch up on you!

Well done.

Love Mini xxx

That's amazing Wibbly Pig!
You must be a lot fitter than and have a lot more willpower than me!
I only managed a 45 minute walk today! :(

Hope everyone is doing ok,
Eriiney xx

Well done Eriiney!!!:party0011:

45 minute walk is fantastic!

Love Mini xxx

Ooh, well done Wibbly Pig, Eriiney and Mini!

And less of the 'only', Eriiney, 45 minutes is ace :)

And no blushing either Mini - 900 steps isn't bad when you're poorly. ;)

Back