Get into Ketosis and then.....

wannadrop3st

.... I eat !!! Why do i do it !!!
I came of CD over Xmas and am struggleing to get back on....
I usually go into Ketosis on the 2nd evening, but as soon as i see the pink, i go and eat, be it a biscuit / piece of choclate / pineapple, whatever i just have to have a bit of summat :break_diet:

Please someone help me understand why i do this, yesterday and today i promised myself i would not do it, but as soon as i did the test, I came downstairs and had some mini chedders !!!:sigh::sigh:

Yestrday i did say i wont test, but i could not help myself....:sigh:

Any advise please:(

.... I eat !!! Why do i do it !!!
I came of CD over Xmas and am struggleing to get back on....
I usually go into Ketosis on the 2nd evening, but as soon as i see the pink, i go and eat, be it a biscuit / piece of choclate / pineapple, whatever i just have to have a bit of summat :break_diet:

Please someone help me understand why i do this, yesterday and today i promised myself i would not do it, but as soon as i did the test, I came downstairs and had some mini chedders !!!:sigh::sigh:

Yestrday i did say i wont test, but i could not help myself....:sigh:

Any advise please:(

Oh yes. :D Listen carefully. Go and fetch your pot of ketostix. Open the tub and drop them into a sink full of cold water. Then fish them out and drop them into the bin...

Sounds drastic, I know. But here's the thing. You've already realised that you don't need to test. You've also realised that you're sabotaging yourself every time you do. So get rid of them!

Now I know you're going to say, "But they cost quite a lot of money! I can't just throw them out!"

But you can. Because they're not doing you any good, are they? If you add up the cost of the setbacks against the cost of the ketostix - no contest.

I suspect what you're doing is like that mentality you get when you go to slimming clubs like Weight Watchers. You starve yourself all day on weigh day and hardly dare drink - but yay - actually manage to lose 2 whole pounds. So on the way home after weigh in, you order a Chinese... :rolleyes:

Throw the ketostix away!

Hi Wanna & Lily
I'm intrigued with this ... don't want to hijack your thread... but I've just "done it" and am not using ketostix :break_diet:

Day 4 for me and despite drinking Loads - still had to have something to EAT :mad:

Have loads of jobs lined up for distraction - but still stopped mid washing up and scoffed.

Any more advice?

Hi All,

Thought I chip in:)
There was a technique mentioned on here (think it may have been DQ but i'm not sure?) I will guess at it!

H.A.L.T which stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.
Before you eat HALT and ask yourself "Am I hungry, angry, lonely, tired"....I'll add to that bored, sad, thirsty, rewarding yourself, punishing yourself etc etc....
If you are any of the above.....FOOD IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Just pause and HALT and ask yourself the question.....why do you want to eat?(especially if you are on CD and you have gone to the trouble of getting into ketosis/paying for your packs/determined to tackle your weight?)

I'll see if I can find the thread....but for now hope this helped!
XXXX

Last edited:
Yep, I've seen that thread too, Prettyface - I'll help you look for it. :)

In the meantime, this one: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-forum/70911-emotional-eaters-any-advice.html is a good one.

There's a lot of stuff on another forum here on MiniMins which is called (I think) 'Bring your head inside'. I can highly recommend that one too.

As for why you do it on Day 4, well...

This is just a thought (cos it's happened to me) but you don't happen to be constipated do you? As I said, it's happened to me - and more than once. It's like my body's going, "Help - I need food to push it on through!" Ironically, I only tend to realise that's what the problem was after I've taken myself off to the kitchen and found a few things to stuff into my mouth. :rolleyes:

On this restart though, I'm hoping I've beaten that particular problem by taking Dulcoease from the beginning (it's turned out to be a wise move so far). Once my body gets used to having less food in there, I'm planning to tail it off, cos I certainly don't want to get dependent on the things. But so far, so good... :D

love the halt thingy......make alot of sense...but i think you have got into ketosis and its almost like u are rewarding yourself and its so true about the other diets ie chinese on way home...i come on here when im hungry armed with a bottle of water...althou its quite closeto bed time now and ill no doubt be up all night!!!

Really interesting thread, I don't have any answers,apart from I have been a self saboutaging dieter for almost 20 years now so relate to what you are saying.. Therapy really helped me.

It's a hard question but if we self saboutage we have to ask ourselves why? It may not even be concious but there must be a reason.

A particular reason for me was becoming sexually attractive to the opposite sex... I won't bore you with the details but being overweight was 'safer' for me than being thin.. Over coming that hurdle has helped me towards losing almost 4 stone and I feel confident I can lose 4 more :)

Thanks Lily & all
Not constipated :D But can see how it might affect me !
Interesting about the compulsive eating - will try and sit down and think about why I want it and that I can... but in 15 mins.
Remember seeing the HALT thing... going to stick a note on the fridge.
Nx

Hi there,
This is a difficult one and the advice above is great! I definately think it is self sabatage, for whatever reason! Sometimes the reason is not clear consciously, I have done this alot in the past and I am not 100% sure of the reason but I suspect I know deep down.

Alot of mine in the past has been believing I do not deserve the success or that I am not important enough, you focus on being a good mum and a good wife that 'yourself' becomes so un-important. Of course this is not true and you need to MAKE yourself important so you can improve things, if your happy then your family are happier anyway.

I would definately get rid of the keto sticks, at the end of the day if you are on CD you will get there so it doesn't matter when? By doing this you are telling your body the aim is to get into ketosis and when you get there you celebrate by eating, the actual aim is to lose weight, which you will do on CD :D so try to lose the focus on keto sticks if you can.

In the early days of CD, even without testing for ketosis it can just be pure willpower, you think 'is it worth it' 'do i have to' 'will this little bit of chocolate really make any difference' etc it just depends on how strong you are feeling that day/that hour etc, this happened to me on day 3 after xmas restart, walking through tesco really wanting chocolate, i even stood and looked for a bit but built up the strength to walk away - and boy was I sooooo glad I did. Once you have done this once it gets easier and the longer you do CD the less you want to spoil your hard work.

I think I have waffled enough, sorry, just could relate thats all.

Be strong and keep going xxx

Thanks Guys for all your comments !!

This morning the ketostix are in the bin and i brought all the chocolate left over from xmas to work, (let them all get fact :8855:)
And I am defo a lot stronger today, I was rewarding myself for getting into Ketosis, what is that all about :eek:

Well its a new day and I hope I have not done to much damage before my weigh in on Monday, thanks Guys :D

Back