Get Lost

xxAmandaxx

Looser :)
hey there everone, :)

Just out of curiosity i wanted to start this thread and ask peoples reasons for, just getting up of ur asses and kicking the weight of, what was the last straw..?? thanks xxx

i put on weight when my mum had breast cancer and so i was driving with her to the hospital and staying there most days as my dad couldn't take time off work for long periods so through being inactive and lots of my granny's home cooking i put weight on.

not put any on since then but haven't shifted what i did gain and i guess i just thought that while i was at a transition in my life that i would sort it out

nothing more to it than that lol

Mine is all vanity. I'm still young and hate being the 'fat' friend. I'm not huge by any means (started at size 14) but it constantly gets me down.
I have this notion in my head that life is better when you're skinny. I know it's untrue but at least it's one less thing to worry about. It's something I can change so why not.

Also, I have a few things coming up this year. Holidays in November, my cousin's wedding and.... my own secret wedding!

I also want to take up running seriously and want/need to lose weight for that.

well my reason being fat and eating to much is going back years, when i was small i was sexually abused, my mother was an alcoholic and both parents separated, then later life my 2 brothers were drug addicts and i had to live with them and they stole everything from me and my mam, then when i was 14 my mam got breast cancer and i was the only one who helped her, all this caused me to comfert eat to a whole new level i used to be able to pack away half the fridge in 5 mins with out a care in the world and i still can, i never feel sick after over eating, so recently my mam got this huge mirror in her room and i seen myself full length naked the first time in years and realised something needs to be done ASAP.. so now that all my troubled past is over and everything is out in the open its time for me to move on with life and be happier, im only 21 and i think i deserve to start being happy for once..

my weight went up and up my mood went down and down,i just decided i was fed up of being in a rut and i want to start changing my life in general for the better and decided the weight was the main issue for me, next up smoking!!!

For me my friends love taking photos every time we go out, and seeing them afterwards made me cry lol.

And now im skinny like my friends at last... lol x

Nice thread Amanda and sorry to hear about the tough time that you've been through.

I put on weight when I gave up smoking 2 years ago, followed by tearing the inner and outer ligaments in my ankle, which meant no movement for a while. Not like I was an exercise fiend before then, but I certainly used the lack of mobility as an excuse to order takeaway. Plus I met my BF and comfort settled in, same sized meals as him...the usual.

Hi Amanda, sorry to hear you have had such a tough time :cry:I started piling on the weight at around 10 yrs old. My father was an alcoholic and used to hit me when drunk so I started comfort eating and never really stopped as it became a habit.

I lost 4 stone on LL 2.5 years ago and got to 11.3 then met my bf and gradually piled 3 stone of it back on again. He was 10 years younger than me and wanted to go out drinking all weekend, we lived on take-out and spent far too much time on the sofa.

I became really down as I am a rally outdoors person, I love horse riding, dog walking and have grown out of the drunk all weekend, vegging and take-out stage and inevitably we split up in June.

So I thought right this it, weight off again and this time for good. I will make sure my next bf is more appropriate :D x

Hi Amanda - not sure why life deals some of us crappy deals - sorry to hear about your difficult times. This said, well done for making the decision to do something for you. At 21 you have a whole life ahead of you, and it can be wonderful. Go for it, get there and begin to enjoy - you deserve it. Tx

My turning point was seeing a picture of myself and not realising it was me! I also found myself then avoiding mirrors and reflections in shop windows. Horrid feeling as I used to be quite sassy! On the road back to sassy now! Tx

Hi Amanda

I put weight on when I gave up smoking, but I have always fluctuated between slim and fat.
Good Luck with your weight loss!

Well after on and off "dieting" attempts for the past 3 years or so, and piling on weight time after time....I had enough of being fat. I felt like every problem in my life was due to me being fat, I have lost friends due to their stupidity and my paranoia....im starting uni in a few weeks and want a fresh start, I felt I could only do this if i was slim!! The turning point for me was one Sunday night looking at pictures of my ex-circle of skinny friends and getting really upset remembering when I was skinny, I started CD 4days later. I havent lost much as I have been cheating loads but the little I have lost has made me feel like a star!

Mines is having people say things all the time, things that they prob don't think are hurstful but are iykwim? I'm sure we've all had the comments before. Also, me dreading going out anywhere I might see people I know, esp people I haven't seen for a while and for them to be looking at me in shock because of what i've become. I even didn't go to one of my best friends form my teenage years wedding because I didn't want to see people and feel like I was being stared at :(

I hate having to now go to shops which stock 18+ sizes and I hated that I was starting to struggle to get 18's on, the thought of going to a 20 terrified me. I'm only 5ft 2" so a 20 on my frame is really big.

I'm reallistically hoping to get in to a size 12. A 10 would be great but don't think that will happen until I go for an apronectomy. I was an 8/10 about 5yrs ago.

Back