Get to know you thread

saraian24

Gold Member
Well im doing this becuase a lot of you I dont know as i was away for a good 3 month doing cambridge. So here goes.......

Im sarah, im 25 and im married to tommo whos 36. We have 2 kids stephen 4 and Imogen 16 months.

Im lossing weight for a number of reasons, i want to be healthy and look good but more importantly I want too have my self confidence back as its non exhistant nowadays and thats due to my weight.

I have my good days and bad days on this diet - one day il be able to resist the choc!!!

Hey, just wanted to say hi!! Good luck for 2009! :)
Jen xx

Thanks jen you as well - i cant wait for the new year personally. 2008 hasnt been the best year for me!

HI Sarah, i'm Kirsty, i'm 29, better half to Danny who is 40> We have been together 11yrs and have 4 kids...Kayley 10, Leonie 7, Luke 3 and Talia rose 2 ( Talia has special needs )

I'm determined that 2009 will be the last year i need to lose weight lol

Hi there, i'm Kate, I'm 25 years old and i live and work in Manchester.

Like some of you i have been on a few very low calorie diets and even though they worked, i hated doing them.

I have decided i would like to lose 8 stone this year for my health and so i can look georgeous. I love going out on weekends, dancing the night away, but since i have put on a lot of weight since leaving uni, i have made every excuse not to go out as i feel i look really fat in everything i wear.

Well. 2009 is when i get back on track and start to enjoy life as my weight goes down.

Good luck for you all in 2009.

Hi, Im Julie.

Im 36 :)eek:) been with my hubby for 20 years, married for nearly 12 and have 3 beautiful kiddies. Antonia is 11 and Sam & Josua (twins) are 5.
I live in Stoke On Trent.

Ive been a member on here since it first started but not been on for the past few months due to no motivation! Ive somehow managed to maintain my weight but as my dad would say I am a 'big engine'!!!!

I have a good 80lbs to lose to take me down to 10 stone. I have done CD, rosemary connely, ww, sw, atkins, slimfast, xenical, maybe all of them!! I am gonna try and stick with ww and see how I cope with it!

Good luck to you all!

Julie xx

I'm Jess, 20. I live with my boyfriend of 6 years, Adam. He's doing WW with me. I'm an animal management student in my 2nd year.

I want to get to 9 stone 3lb by my 21st birthday on July 1st. I started at 12.8, got down to 11.8.5 but am now 11.11.5 :) Back on track come Jan 1st! I'll need 1.5lb a week to reach my target then.

hi, i'm jane, married to ian for 7years been together 13, have 2 lovely daughters ,olivia (9 next week) and rhiannon 5. I'm a lunchtime supervisor at the girls school,where i'm also vice chair of the governing body,and i'm an avon lady too
i've been trying to losse weight on and off for years but am determined i will get there in the end. love this site and have made lots friends on here
Good luck for 2009

I'm Jenni, nearly 18, at college doing my A Levels (Maths, Further Maths and Physics :eek:)
Going to do Maths at uni (surprise surprise) either at Imperial College or Manchester University.

I did Cambridge for about 2 months and lost 2 stone (ish), then got to goal on WW for about 2 days then went through a rough patch and gained 5lbs - which I'm now trying to lose for Valentines Day :D
I told my boyfriend (Jon) that if he helps me get there by Feb 14th, I'll get him a nice surprise ;):eek::D

xx

I'm Debs, 36 in February, I have a daughter aged 9 and a son aged 7. I work in Early Years and am currently combining working with studying for my Foundation Degree.

I've been overweight since teens, lost a significant amount of weight twice but put it all back on again (plus always that little bit more:().

I'm doing okay at the moment and have just re-joined weightwatchers online for that extra 'oomph' in my weight-loss efforts!:)

Last edited:
I'm Keisha and I'm 31yrs. Have two beautiful girls, Tanisha (3.5yrs) and Ariana (9mths). Been with my OH for 5 years and hopefully will be getting married soon (been dropping hints for long enough now ;)).

Been dieting for so many years but this is the first time I'm determined to reach goal and stay there. Lost 2 stones on W8 recently. I had 4 stones in all to lose and the plan was to lose most of it on W8 then switch to WW when I had about 10lbs left to loose but because I couldnt afford W8 anymore, I swithed to WW earlier.

At the mo I'm on Mat leave and will be returning to work in late March/April. I work in Admin at Dp.

I am Deana and am 37yesrs old. Have been married to Ken for 11 years April and we have have a 10 year old son and a 6 year old daughter.

Have been dieting on and off for some time. Have been most successful this time and am determined to get down to healthy weight range this time.

Hi I'm Rach :D grown from an overweight child (generally weighing around a stone for each year of my life) before cordonning off at an uncomfortable 17.5stones when i hit college. Joined WW with a friend then and successfully slimmed as far as 14st 10, then went to uni and promptly regained it all over the 3 years i was there. Would like to hit 13st 9lbs by my birthday in march which will take me under 200lbs and out of the obese category :)

really want this to be the last time I have to lose weight as would be delighted to be a size 12/14 and be able to buy clothes in Topshop or Karen Millen (SALE.. like i could afford full price! :p) or wear a pair of skinny jeans and not look silly! :p

Back