Getting a grip

Im off plan on the 15th too TH, so we will be gettkng back on it together on the 16th ;)

Im not sure if you have a specific reason of running then doing your weights ?

I've got a night off tomorrow TH, so I'm hoping for a STS at worst or 1lb off at best - I don't think I'll see the 11s this week, but as long as I'm comfortably in them by the end of Feb I'll be happy :D

It's funny how you notice other folks eating habits when you're on exante. It does not sound like the girl at work's lunch was calorie controlled at all :eek:. I've also been re-thinking some of my old habits - I've noticed that naturally slim folks tend to balance out what they eat over the course of a week - so if they have a treat in the morning like a muffin, they may only have a small soup at lunch, whereas I would have had the muffin and still ate whatever packed lunch I'd sorted for myself! I think exante shows you that you don't NEED to eat just because it's "lunch time" etc. So much of my previous eating was habit rather than because I was truly hungry if that makes sense...

Anyway, stay strong over the weekend xx

You're absolutely right SM. I noticed the girl at work ate her food do fast that she hardly chewed it. I used to do that. Now I eat my soup out of a bowl with a teaspoon!

Enjoy ur day off plan tomorrow and get straight back on it. 11s are calling us both :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Im off plan on the 15th too TH, so we will be gettkng back on it together on the 16th ;)

Im not sure if you have a specific reason of running then doing your weights ?

It's a deal Marge! We'll meet here on 16th to make sure we're back on it! I could easily think 'have another day off, it's Sunday :-/'

There's no specific reason fir the run then weights. I did the run for a warm up and also to break in my new barefoot trainers. They make you do forefoot striking as opposed to heel striking. I've got multiple injuries that I'm trying to sort (hips, knee, achilles) so running in the treadmill is not as hard impact as road running. Just practising running my running form and technique.

The weights I'm going to do more of because lean muscle burns more calories/speeds up metabolism. I'm not looking to build muscle just define and refine. I need to build up my quads, a
core and glutes to increase my cycling and running distances.

Hope that makes sense! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Makes sense to me TH, I need fit some strength work into my gym routine. It one of the reasons u picked the rowing machine as an addition to the treadmill.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Makes sense to me TH, I need fit some strength work into my gym routine. It one of the reasons u picked the rowing machine as an addition to the treadmill.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Yeah Chris, I like the rower too. Feels like my arms and back get good workout too :)

Day 25

Confession time... Daughter had mates round and they ordered pizza etc. when they went upstairs, they put leftovers in kitchen. So, I hovered around salivating whilst making my tomato crisps. I took a bite of garlic bread, chewed it then spat it out. Then I had another bite of garlic bread, chewed it, then spat it in the bin. Then.., this is disgusting... I took a piece of chicken, stripped the chicken off and sucked the bones!

I know it's not the biggest crime in the world and I know that what I ingested through my saliva will not knock me out if ketosis. I'm annoyed at the fact that I had to have it. Why couldn't I just leave it. So next time ill need to do something different. At least I didn't swallow! Will have to get daughter to put leftovers in the outside bin until I can develop a better strategy!

Anyway today I feel suitably ashamed and am goi g to do extra exercise as a punishment!

Gym this morning. Will do spin at 8am, then run, cardio n weights in gym for 2 hours, followed by a class. Then pool...

Hope u are stronger than me! Stay focussed :) x

Nothing at all to feel ashamed about so please don't, it was a moment of weakness that's all and to be honest it was a very successful moment! Could have been so much worse, the only thing you actually ate was a bit of chicken flavouring which if you'd wanted to you could have had chicken as part of WS (think it's WS?) and hey at least you didn't swallow!

Good idea re the outside bin, that way it takes away the temptation....we are only human :)

Have a great day TH xx

Marge... This is a wave machine! Ill try to upload phot and video. Ignore the holes in my toes. These are my spin trainers cos they are cushioned. Just got out if spin and I'm wiped. Be pottering around machines till 11. No beasting for me :-/ x

It wing let me upload video so ill take another phot now!

Attachments

• image-4290525986.jpg
    image-4290525986.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2179121808.jpg
    image-2179121808.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image-2079318871.jpg
    image-2079318871.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 41
Morning TH, there's no need to punish yourself at all. Just look at it as a lesson and you have to find something else to keep you occupied when you get that urge. You are doing amazingly and to do all the exercise you're doing is great. And like you say, you didn't swallow, so when you think about it, you're more in control than you even realise. Have a good day hjn and don't be too hard on yourself xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't be ashamed TH - negative emotions and guilt aren't helpful in the case of a very small slip. New dawn, line drawn - to quote Carrie ;)

I did chuckle a little at the chewing and spitting out part as I've been there before - the things we do eh?

Have you ever read Beck Diet Solution TH? Really good book based on Cognitive Behavior Therapy that helps you deal with thoughts, feelings, triggers around food. Can be used with any diet plan - it's all about the psychological. I might need to dust mine off actually.

I'm up for a plank challenge and even a squat challenge if you can do that (sorry now can't remember what you said about injuries, still half asleep on minimins on my phone lol).

The wave machine is a beast - when I was going to the gym regularly, that would be the one that would really get me breathing oot ma bum! Something oddly satisfying about it though lol, and it works muscles that the other machines can't quite reach.

stay strong today TH and next time spray leftovers with kitchen cleaner then fire them in the bin! X

Nothing at all to feel ashamed about so please don't, it was a moment of weakness that's all and to be honest it was a very successful moment! Could have been so much worse, the only thing you actually ate was a bit of chicken flavouring which if you'd wanted to you could have had chicken as part of WS (think it's WS?) and hey at least you didn't swallow!

Good idea re the outside bin, that way it takes away the temptation....we are only human :)

Have a great day TH xx

Thanks Katie! I must've looked ridiculous :) x

Morning TH, there's no need to punish yourself at all. Just look at it as a lesson and you have to find something else to keep you occupied when you get that urge. You are doing amazingly and to do all the exercise you're doing is great. And like you say, you didn't swallow, so when you think about it, you're more in control than you even realise. Have a good day hjn and don't be too hard on yourself xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Twinkle. I am getting better slowly! X

Don't be ashamed TH - negative emotions and guilt aren't helpful in the case of a very small slip. New dawn, line drawn - to quote Carrie ;)

I did chuckle a little at the chewing and spitting out part as I've been there before - the things we do eh?

Have you ever read Beck Diet Solution TH? Really good book based on Cognitive Behavior Therapy that helps you deal with thoughts, feelings, triggers around food. Can be used with any diet plan - it's all about the psychological. I might need to dust mine off actually.

I'm up for a plank challenge and even a squat challenge if you can do that (sorry now can't remember what you said about injuries, still half asleep on minimins on my phone lol).

The wave machine is a beast - when I was going to the gym regularly, that would be the one that would really get me breathing oot ma bum! Something oddly satisfying about it though lol, and it works muscles that the other machines can't quite reach.

stay strong today TH and next time spray leftovers with kitchen cleaner then fire them in the bin! X

Thanks for that. Ill look out for that book for sure :) am deffo up for a squat challenge!

Spraying will be my new strategy! X

Day 25 cont

I am wiped out!

7.30 1/2 banana shake
8.00 spin 45 mins. Was a killer with weights too
9.00-11.00 cardio 100 cals burned on each machine: wave, cross trainer, stair master, hand cycle thing, rower, bike and then back to wave. That's 700 cals in total.
11.00 class which turned out to be circuits. I have never been so exhausted. The same guy takes the class and its completely different every week. No two weeks same. If I knew what u was going into I'd avoid it but I survived! I never thought running with a fit ball raised above ur head fir 1 minute, could be so painful! It was relentless ;-/
Anyway I didn't have energy to put my cossie on n go to pool. I just drove home and am recovering on the couch now. Annoyed that I didn't go to pool but I know I really couldn't muster the energy!

So I must have burned at least 1000 cals. Not sure how much cals for spin and circuits?!

I might dig my hula hoop out and my fitball. Home alone tonight so I could do some hooping!

In reality, ill be splayed over the couch!

Hope ur winning :) x

I'm sure most of us have been there at some time TH. You were caught out at your weakest moment when you were getting ready to eat your crisps.
I learnt long ago to tell my kids that any left overs either go to the dog or in the outside bin. If they forget just mashit all up & chuck it out straight away.x

Day 25 cont

I am wiped out!

7.30 1/2 banana shake
9.00-11.00 cardio 100 cals burned on each machine: wave, cross trainer, stair master, hand cycle thing, rower, bike and then back to wave. That's 700 cals in total.
11.00 class which turned out to be circuits. I have never been so exhausted. The same guy takes the class and its completely different every week. No two weeks same. If I knew what u was going into I'd avoid it but I survived! I never thought running with a fit ball raised above ur head fir 1 minute, could be so painful! It was relentless ;-/
Anyway I didn't have energy to put my cossie on n go to pool. I just drove home and am recovering on the couch now. Annoyed that I didn't go to pool but I know I really couldn't muster the energy!

So I must have burned at least 1000 cals. Not sure how much cals for spin and circuits?!

I might dig my hula hoop out and my fitball. Home alone tonight so I could do some hooping!

OMG :eek:

Day 25 cont

I am wiped out!

7.30 1/2 banana shake

I'm knackered only reading that! I'm going back to the gym this week with a plan of treadmill for 1/2 an hour, weights for 1/2 hour (especially the thigh machines as I love those and hate my thighs) and then collapse in the pool..... LOL mine would be a gentle warm up for you :D

Good idea Katie. Do what u can. Everyone has different levels. Just don't P yourself off by trying to raise the bar every time u go. Ul give up quicker. Can u do classes? Id check them out cos it can be fun :) x

Back