Getting a grip

I have just heard recently that pharmacies can now give you anti biotics for tonsillitis over the counter instead of going to the gp. Might be worth a try x

Thanks for that Miss M :) just googled the times if centre and it opens at 7 so I'm going to head here now. Hopefully they will see me before 7.30! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Scrap that. They are queuing out if the door. 7.15am and the place is mobbed! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Oh no!! Hope you are feeling better soon! Could you go after work? xx

Get well soon hun! U really do need to get something for it! I don't know how your carrying on in such pain.. Xx

Have a good day xx

Plenty of hot drinks hun... Maybe even gargle salt water?? Xx

Oh my goodness !
That's not good. I hope the pharmacist can give you something. Maybe even a TCP gargle ?
It does sound like you may need to get to the docs otherwise :(

Try Pharmacist TH. Its been going on long enough now. Your body needs help to fight the infection. xx

Oh no! I know my docs will actually prescribe me something over the phone in times of real desperation, although that could be because the walk in centre near me is a bit useless in my case as they can only prescribe two kinds of antibiotics and I am allergic to them both!!

Vicks chloraseptic helps the pain but its very shortlived relief :( You need an antibiotics really :( If you have white spots at the back of your throat then you really do as thats infected :(

Rubbish that you're still not feeling okay, really hope you're better soon - let me know if you don't feel up to skating on Thursday as we can always go again - you feeling better comes first xx

Day 3

Tonsils down a bit but still inflamed this morning. Went to walk in centre yesterday morning but didn't stay or I'd have been horrendously late for work. My Teaching Assistant is still off sick so there was no one to 'hold the fort'

Had back to back, 2-3 hour meetings after work which meant I didn't get home until 9.15pm, by which time I couldn't face the walk in centre because I was well and truly knackered. The meetings were torture. Boring doesn't even begin to describe them. Highlight was when one guy, who looks like Santa and was sleeping for part of the meeting, insulted the 'chair' and then went off on a rant about corruption in the government. Errr... We are supposed to be talking about 4-11 year old children here, not politicians!

So ill go again this morning, try to get there first and beat the crowds!

Bit of a headache yesterday afternoon. Probably because I'm not drinking as much because its sore.

Being observed today by 2 teachers from another school. It's only for the morning so that's not too bad :)

In other news, the gingerbreadman that I baked with the kids in my class on Monday, was 'kidnapped', We have been sent a letter with a list of demands. The kids are so excited, beyond excited even, especially the boys! We've set up a police station and have a Crime Scene Investigator coming in to help us with our enquiries. We interviewed all the suspects and have eliminated all but 3 people - the Headteacher, year2 and year 3 teacher. So ill need to be getting my Columbo head on. Anyone got a cream mac that I can borrow?

Anyway, I hope you are winning :) hope the sun is shining where you are... X

Rubbish that you're still not feeling okay, really hope you're better soon - let me know if you don't feel up to skating on Thursday as we can always go again - you feeling better comes first xx

I should be ok Katie, providing it doesn't worsen, which it shouldn't do. If you don't get a text tomorrow morning then I'm 'good to go' :) x

Sounds like a hell of a day, hope today improves dramatically!

I want to come to school and hunt down the criminals, sounds like great fun :)

xx

The gingerbread man wasn't me!! Promise!! :rolleyes:

Kidnapped gingerbread man. Now that is totally out of order. What's the punishment for such a heinous crime!!

Hope you get your Tonsils sorted today & get a much deserved rest this evening xx

Hope your class caught the culprit lol ;)

I just love the gingerbread CSI story - my school was never that much fun :D

Really hope you're feeling better x

Finally at the Walk in centre!

Been to the dentists also. That guy traumatises me in a funny kind of way. "Open your mouth. I can't see if you close ur mouth. Open it please' I wasn't aware my gob was closing. I thought, ill open it for a sticker. he soaked me with The water squinter then bunged some tissue over my face to dry it. At one point i nearly laughed at his ridiculousness. I had to dig my nails into my hands to try to suppress hysterical laughter. Once I have a thought in my head, I can't get rid of it. It consumes me. Glad it took my mind off being at the dentist.

When the triage nurse did my obs when j first arrived, my BP was 169/91. That's the bloody dentists fault!

Anyway, I'm just waiting to go in. In starving cos I've only had half a soup. I'm sure I can smell scotch broth soup somewhere...

Anyway, wonder if anyone would mind if I lay across these seats and had a wee kip.

Jeez, the male nurse has just come out to call someone in. He's got a serious case of 'cant be arsed' its written all over his face and woven into his body language. Oh dear! Lets hope I don't piss him off further.

Anyway, I'm rambling on here :)

Hope u are doing well and winning the war.x

Re the gingerbreadman...

We had a visit from a police officer who filled out a missing person report with us. Funny that when it came to what he was wearing, the answer was that be was naked apart from 3 buttons on his belly! It was hard to keep missing you face straight...

Anyway, he's still missing and we've had more contact from the kidnapper. We will rescue him on Friday but the kids don't know that. There was a helicopter overhead and I told then it was the police looking for the kidnapper. They were sooo excited!

The other teachers in the school are being great too. They are joining in. They were photographed eating gingerbread in a cupboard!

I sound like a crackpot! Anyway, that's the latest :) x

Hope they sort you out with something, I wasn't sure whether they prescribed meds.

Your dentist sounds like something out of a carry on film! Xx

Tonsil update...

Miserable male nurse (who turned out to be an agency nurse) changed his tune when I went in to see him. Very jovial.

Anyway my tonsils are red but no sign of infection. he thinks its laryngitis which would give me pain swallowing according to him. It can last 4 weeks and he reckons its because I'm a teacher and I shout. Errr no... I never shout (well unless there was a fire!) my ears are red inside but not wet, whatever that means?! As for my BP, he said the systolic is high but not to worry.

He prescribed Naproxen and advised me to go to GP if it lasts another 2 weeks. I couldn't stick another 2 weeks of this!

Anyway, lets hope those tablets do something to get rid of it :) x

Back