Getting a grip

Thanks ladies!

1/2 off this morning! Can update my wee chalkboard to 4 1/2 lbs off now :)

This is day 4. Think the daily weights help. I've never weighed daily before. Ever. But it seems to help.

Feeling much better now that I've started antibiotics. Throat doesn't feel uncomfortable at all and I'm sleeping better as a result. Hallelujah!

Busy day... Hair appt at 9.30 then final wedding dress fitting for my friend in the afternoon. My sister is coming for a sleepover so we'll no doubt be gabbing all night. Food won't be a problem. Ill buy some of those meal deal things you get, that include starter, main and dessert fir her and daughter. That way I won't have to prepare too much and be tempted and there won't be any leftovers!

Here is the thinking behind my daily weigh ins:
I put on 10lbs in the 5 weeks that I've been messing around. I didn't weigh during that time.
I have LOTS of eating events between now and 21 April.

Eg

5th April Meal (set menu) and overnight hotel stay in Manchester for the marathon.

11-13 April weekend away with sisters in London for the marathon. Hotels, breakfast, meals, show... I was supposed to be running the marathon :(

16 April best friends wedding. Overnight in plush hotel

11-21 April-ish OH home. He usually likes eating all the things he misses when away like steaks, Indians, Italian etc

So that's why I'm going to weigh daily. It will make me get on the wagon and might make me not over-indulge. There is absolutely no need for me not to eat during this time. Ill hopefully choose to eat more wisely whilst daily weighing. If I have a meal, I don't have to have the feast non-stop for 24hours until the next planned meal!

So there you have it! Have a nice day whatever you have planned :) x

Thanks ladies!

1/2 off this morning! Can update my wee chalkboard to 4 1/2 lbs off now :)

This is day 4. Think the daily weights help. I've never weighed daily before. Ever. But it seems to help.

Feeling much better now that I've started antibiotics. Throat doesn't feel uncomfortable at all and I'm sleeping better as a result. Hallelujah!

Busy day... Hair appt at 9.30 then final wedding dress fitting for my friend in the afternoon. My sister is coming for a sleepover so we'll no doubt be gabbing all night. Food won't be a problem. Ill buy some of those meal deal things you get, that include starter, main and dessert fir her and daughter. That way I won't have to prepare too much and be tempted and there won't be any leftovers!

Here is the thinking behind my daily weigh ins:
I put on 10lbs in the 5 weeks that I've been messing around. I didn't weigh during that time.
I have LOTS of eating events between now and 21 April.

Eg

5th April Meal (set menu) and overnight hotel stay in Manchester for the marathon.

11-13 April weekend away with sisters in London for the marathon. Hotels, breakfast, meals, show... I was supposed to be running the marathon :(

16 April best friends wedding. Overnight in plush hotel

11-21 April-ish OH home. He usually likes eating all the things he misses when away like steaks, Indians, Italian etc

So that's why I'm going to weigh daily. It will make me get on the wagon and might make me not over-indulge. There is absolutely no need for me not to eat during this time. Ill hopefully choose to eat more wisely whilst daily weighing. If I have a meal, I don't have to have the feast non-stop for 24hours until the next planned meal!

So there you have it! Have a nice day whatever you have planned :) x

Excellent planning there mrs, well done for getting it all structured - you know you can do this and I've got every faith in you - great to see the numbers going up on your chalkboard. Have a brilliant day xx

Makes a lot of sense TH. Seeing the daily weight should help you with your food choices.

Well done on the loss so far.

Has your friend managed to find another hairdresser ?

Just remembered something funny about my old boss...

She is tiny. Really tiny. About. Size 6-8. We were in the staff room one day when someone offered her a piece of cake. She declined, saying she was on a diet. I know slim people can feel big etc. When my colleague said 'really? How much are you trying to lose?' She replied...

Wait for it...

1lb. Yes. One little single pound. Ive just remembered that. I could hardly keep the puzzled look off my face. Really? I'm laughing thinking about the expressions on everyone else's face at the time. Awkward silence followed!

Hope ur sun is shining :) x

Lol I can't wait till I can say that....I'll say it constantly just to show I only need to lose a pound :)

Hope your day was a good one xx

Day 5

Happy Mother's Day to you all. Hope you have a lovely day :)

Yesterday was great. My friend actually persuaded me to go into a shop to try on some dresses for her wedding. I went reluctantly! Anyway, I tried on 11 dresses. All were horrible bar 2! The Phase Eight size 16 dresses fit me but I need an 18 in Coast :( anyway I didn't buy anything because nothing really grabbed my attention. I'm going to look for an outfit the week before, which is a week on Wednesday. The good news is that there are 11 less dresses that I need to try on!

Today's plan: spend the day with my daughter. Not sure what we will do but I think a nice walk will be on the cards. Need to visit my mother in law too :)

Have a good one folks! X

Have a good day TH! Well done on keeping up with the TS! X we got to keep going!! :)

Daily weighing is what does it for me too! Lol

A sts is a good thing, I've got an additional pound as a pressie! Glad you had a good day yesterday, good news re the dresses - did you take pics of yourself in them all?

Have a luvverly day xx

I hope you put a pic up of you in your dress.
I am sure you will look stunning!!

Hi TH. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm sure you'll do well. Today is day 1 for me and I'm going to weigh daily too as I find it helps. (It's fine as long as you don't allow inevitable fluctuations to bother you and look at the big picture instead.) Can't wait to see a picture of you in your wedding outfit. Have a lovely mother's day with your daughter.

A sts is a good thing, I've got an additional pound as a pressie! Glad you had a good day yesterday, good news re the dresses - did you take pics of yourself in them all?

Have a luvverly day xx

Yeah. Here's one...

Julie picked this dress out. I told her it would be too low cut. She wouldn't believe me!

Attachments

• image-600316448.jpg
    image-600316448.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 38
II dresses. Putting then on & off would have burnt a few dresses:).

Happy Mothers day TH x

Yeah. Here's one...

Julie picked this dress out. I told her it would be too low cut. She wouldn't believe me!

Lol that's not too low,that's a perfectly good cut :) xx

II dresses. Putting then on & off would have burnt a few dresses:).

Happy Mothers day TH x

I meant calories :). I agree its a nice cut .

I think that cut is too low but this one isn't too bad...

A bit more flattering! Less flesh :) x

That's a nice design too. You'll probably end up with something completely different in the end :)

Back