Getting a grip

Wish I could run it's just so hard! Esp when I'm a big un! Maybe when I've lost some weight I'll re try! Love ur inspo

Wish I could run it's just so hard! Esp when I'm a big un! Maybe when I've lost some weight I'll re try! Love ur inspo

Thanks Lulu.

If you want to run then clock up a few miles walking first. Regular walks. That will get ur feet used to going one in front of the other. It's good training for beginning to run. The weight will come off just the same! X

This pic sums me up... Yes exercise is hard but I'm sick of pouring myself into my clothes and not enjoying myself because I feel restricted! X

Attachments

• image-3259619345.jpg
    image-3259619345.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 13
That is so true..
I've been going to a class called body pump every thurs morn before work. Been going for about 7 weeks now and although the first time was the hardest ever, it's still very challenging and I always want to stop!! Only go on a thurs as don't want to let my friend down lol

Thanks Lulu. If you want to run then clock up a few miles walking first. Regular walks. That will get ur feet used to going one in front of the other. It's good training for beginning to run. The weight will come off just the same! X

She's right lulu. Then when you're ok with that, start the couch to 5k plan - you only run for a minute at a time at first x

Do you do the couch to 5k on a treadmill or outside? Not sure I could do outside in public! How long does it take to become good and used to it? Is it not hard on a vlcd?

Do you do the couch to 5k on a treadmill or outside? Not sure I could do outside in public! How long does it take to become good and used to it? Is it not hard on a vlcd?
I do it outside Lulu, but you can also do it on a treadmill if you prefer. I did the first few weeks ok on a VCLD and then when I started running further I eat real food in addition to exante on run days. You just see how you feel. I love it now :) almost finished the plan (I'm on week 8 ) and then I start training for 10k in 8 weeks!

Omg that's a brilliant achievement, well done! Some people at work did the Manchester 10k a couple months ago it looked so hard and it was a scorcher of a day too. Good for me as a spectator but not so much for the runners! I went and supported them :)

Running is supposed to be addictive isn't it. I'd love to be addicted to that! X

Trying hard, how much have you lost since jan? How have you found the journey? I'm just started to read from page 1 of this thread x

Omg that's a brilliant achievement, well done! Some people at work did the Manchester 10k a couple months ago it looked so hard and it was a scorcher of a day too. Good for me as a spectator but not so much for the runners! I went and supported them :)

Yeah a friend of mine did it and said it was really tough in the heat. And yes, running really is addictive.. And trust me, this is coming from a girl who normally hates exercise and spent her formative years trying to come up with as many excuses as possible not to do PE at school! Lol.

That is so true.. I've been going to a class called body pump every thurs morn before work. Been going for about 7 weeks now and although the first time was the hardest ever, it's still very challenging and I always want to stop!! Only go on a thurs as don't want to let my friend down lol

I love body pump! Quickest way to burn fat :) my BP classes are in morning but are too late for me. I'd need a 6.00am class for work :) x

Trying hard, how much have you lost since jan? How have you found the journey? I'm just started to read from page 1 of this thread x

Oh god... Good luck with the reading!

I've lost 2 1/2st since jan. Lost 2 stones then put 1 1/2 back on in 4 weeks. Silly, silly me... Now I've lost 2 1/2 and back on track. I'm just at the half way point. Couldn't get restarted after having food. Then I got laryngitis for about 4 weeks. Felt rotten. Instead of eating well, I ate rubbish and felt rubbisher.

Think the thing that helped me was daily weighing. I always thought daily weights were obsessed nutters. But going on those scales every day makes me make good choices cos I know it'll be a 2-3 gain if I have the pizza. So I have to take the gain if I want the pizza. Normally I'd take the pizza and nit know the damage for a week or so. Daily helps me.

I might start weighing weekly or even monthly when I hit the 10s cos I know that will be a loooooong and laborious weight bracket! I want to get to 9st and then see how I look.

I'm exercising again and enjoying it :) just need to make sure I don't do too much were I really need additional carbs.

Good luck to you :) x

You will notice the lack of carbs so I'd stick to walking for now. Trying to run on VLCD is like trying to drive a car with no petrol. If you want to run, try a treadmill cos at least you can get off it! Running outside is a completely different ball game. Harder but much better :)

If you want to run, aim for a 5k. There's plenty of fun ones around as well as park runs where people of all abilities take part :)

I do love running. It is fab. You can do it any time, anywhere and it doesn't cost a lot :) x

Oh god... Good luck with the reading! I've lost 2 1/2st since jan. Lost 2 stones then put 1 1/2 back on in 4 weeks. Silly, silly me... Now I've lost 2 1/2 and back on track. I'm just at the half way point. Couldn't get restarted after having food. Then I got laryngitis for about 4 weeks. Felt rotten. Instead of eating well, I ate rubbish and felt rubbisher. Think the thing that helped me was daily weighing. I always thought daily weights were obsessed nutters. But going on those scales every day makes me make good choices cos I know it'll be a 2-3 gain if I have the pizza. So I have to take the gain if I want the pizza. Normally I'd take the pizza and nit know the damage for a week or so. Daily helps me. I might start weighing weekly or even monthly when I hit the 10s cos I know that will be a loooooong and laborious weight bracket! I want to get to 9st and then see how I look. I'm exercising again and enjoying it :) just need to make sure I don't do too much were I really need additional carbs. Good luck to you :) x

Hi th, yeah I got to about page 10 then OH became needy lol, he's asleep now! Wow you've done so well with the weight loss well done you. Comes back on so easy thou as well doesn't it :-(
I don't think I've been 9st since I was about 14yrs old! What bracket are you in now? 11's? I'm in 12's boo. Hopefully I get a big loss in first week like you did. Bet that was such a great feeling. So what day does it become easier? I did 2 days last week and my head nearly fell off. I drank loads of water and took loads of pills but it didn't budge. I ended up caving in and eating as had a staff do on the fri. Hence why day 1 tomorrow. Ate loads to as my last supper, just lay in bed now feeling massive. It's not a good feeling :-( xx thanks for the good luck I defo need it xx

Day 63. 1lb off today. Happy with that :)

Going for a swim before work now. I def feel a bit trimmer now. If the scales said 10st something I'd believe it. Unfortunately they say 11st 3 1/2!! I have achieved a mini goal which was to get to 11st 4 because I remember being that weight and thinking I was enormous. That was in Oct 2012, at a wedding!

So, busy day today. Hopefully I will get to the gym on the way home from work which is why I'm swimming this morning.

Have a great day. Stick with it because it's definitely worth it :) x

Hi th, yeah I got to about page 10 then OH became needy lol, he's asleep now! Wow you've done so well with the weight loss well done you. Comes back on so easy thou as well doesn't it :-( I don't think I've been 9st since I was about 14yrs old! What bracket are you in now? 11's? I'm in 12's boo. Hopefully I get a big loss in first week like you did. Bet that was such a great feeling. So what day does it become easier? I did 2 days last week and my head nearly fell off. I drank loads of water and took loads of pills but it didn't budge. I ended up caving in and eating as had a staff do on the fri. Hence why day 1 tomorrow. Ate loads to as my last supper, just lay in bed now feeling massive. It's not a good feeling :-( xx thanks for the good luck I defo need it xx

I'm 11st 3 1/2! I'd say it gets easier about day 6-7. Just get ur head down and get on with ur. Drink LOADS AND LOADS. It definitely helps. Tablets might help too. Just try to get to day 6-7. It will get a whole lot easier. Hope you have a great day 1 :) x

The swimming costume look.

Good job it's 6am and there won't be many folks around. Except in the queue fir the pool. That's why I put cossie on now. It will be mobbed probably. So I need to whip my kit off and get in there ASAP! X

Attachments

• image-1197735258.jpg
    image-1197735258.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 30
Looking good TH - nice hourglass and little waist x

Back