Getting back the control!

oodles

Hellooo!

Started Exante yesterday, have been reading people's diaries and am finding them inspiring!

Since I moved in with my boyfriend in March I've lost all control of food. I'm usually quite anti-carb - I don't eat bread, rice, potatoes. And neither really does he. He cooks healthily (but tends to use oil in cooking instead of frylight) but I decided to take back the control over my diet and sign up to Exante to remove the temptation of nibbles, cake, and CIDER. Oh I love cider. And gin. And recently this summer we've been having drinks in the garden every night with tea. Because he loves cooking, and cooks really well, I've just left it up to him. As I said, he cooks healthy food - curries from scratch, loads of veg, low carb. But I find myself eating what he's cooked because it's ready, whereas beforehand I would only eat when I wanted to. E.g. a weekend breakfast is a veg stirfry with chillis, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chard, with poached eggs. Lovely and healthy (although oil and chorizo tend to be included). But I would usually have a Skyr yoghurt or a fruit quark instead of a huge plate of food, and usually a lot later, so I end up eating more than I would and when I'm not hungry.

And then there's cake. We love cake. And even though I rarely eat a whole piece (we tend to share) I'm still eating bad things.

And the cider and gin issue obviously - another reason I'm doing this plan is because he knows not to offer me alcohol at the moment which is great. A few weeks off the booze will do me good. And also when I've had a drink I tend to rifle through the chocolate and biscuit stash. Which I never had in the house when I lived alone.

All in all I've put on a stone and a half since Jan/Feb, and am using this as a kick start to press the reset button on my weight and get back into my jeans!!

So I've been really excited to start this diet! I've had the package for about a week, but we had a posh 12 course taster meal booked with friends for Thursday night so I didn't see any point starting before then.

I went through a few weeks of doing more exercise to lose some lbs but I popped my knee at zumba and got huge cramp on my last bike ride which really upset me. Also after a good workout session I would reward myself with a drink when I got home. Not good!

So yeah. Yesterday was good, I had the strawberry shake for breakfast (delicious), a chocolate bar for lunch (which I nibbled and made it last for hours) and the spag bol for tea (not exciting)! I had a Co-op diet cola (no citric acid) and various black teas throughout the day. I was tired but I wasn't overly starving!

Today I had a chocolate milkshake about 11am and I am starving now, and it's not 1pm! Just made a black coffee. It's a horrid rainy Sunday so I'm stuck in the house thinking about food! Will aim for lunch about 3pm I think and dinner about 7-8pm. Might read my book for a bit.

I lost a lot of weight in the past and found a diary online to be a really good tool for me, so I'm hoping this will help me too!

Hey oodles,

The very best of luck with your weight loss goals. :)

Get through this first week and you've cracked it. Lots and lots of water will keep you full and it really does seem to help with that initial big loss in week 1.

Oooooo the pasta ham and mushroom soup just changed my life. So delicious!! And I held out til almost 3pm thanks to a large cafetiere! Wooop!

So according to my boyfriend's scales I've lost 9lb since yesterday. We need new scales.

Or maybe you had a "whoosh" :)

I lost 9lbs in my first week on Exante. It was a massive boost to see me through the second week.

Look forward to yr diary!

My top tip for staying at goal is move to the choc and biscuit stash. Or ask him not to have one!

Just by putting the stash in a different cupboard, it will disrupt your patterns!

If that doesn't work, ask yr best beloved to store it somewhere out of the kitchen - maybe a drawer in his office/cupboard/closet/garage!

Oh I'm fine I think, this is all the motivation I need to stay on plan :) I can easily say no when I have a constant reminder that I need to stay on this. Eg last night we had a drink and usually I would have a cider or a beer, especially as we had no gin. Bit instead I had a vodka and soda! Which are all on plan and something I wouldn't usually choose. Actually I kept topping up the vodka with soda so I ended up having 1l soda with my vodka which meant I felt like I was drinking several drinks, and also that I didn't even get tipsy. It was good! Successful beverage! Usually I would have had 3 or 4 gins in that time.

So I went and got my scales instead of using his... 12st1lb (Vs 12st13.25 yesterday and 12st4lb this morning). Definitely sticking to mine!! Now I need to update all my stats on here and my first week will probably be all screwed up! Argh!

In other news we just got back from a food festival. Was really nice even though I didn't partake! I did try a local black tea though. Took the remaining half nibbled peanut butter bar with me. Could only manage half my angel delight breakfast this morning so just polished it off. Delicious! And I still have 1.5 meals to go today!

Gah. Feeling horrendous today (day 3)! Lethargic, discombobulated. Not hungry though. Perhaps I did too much today with the food festival. Might need a power nap!

Gah. Feeling horrendous today (day 3)! Lethargic, discombobulated. Not hungry though. Perhaps I did too much today with the food festival. Might need a power nap!
Sorry you feel rough. Please make sure you follow your plan and get your packs in - as that keep yr metabolism revved up. If you go even lower on intake, it can slow yr metabolism or tell yr body you are in starvation mode so it will hang on to everything. Feel better soon.

:)Thing is - in ketosis, you can forget as you may not be hungry. Sometimes I have to set myself an alarm! Other days I am hungry - and have an additional sachet.

Perhaps I am in ketosis already. Not hungry, funny taste in mouth, had a terrible sleep last night! I didn't think it would happen so soon!

Back